The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
MTGrafik
I dont know how the hell it is full? No one has heard anything back from the uni yet, I guess it will be first come first serve... I hope i get into courts because i want to be with all the other first years and i didn't put an alternative...

Yeah, apparently so. I only asked recently. I think you can still apply but it's very unlikely you will get in. You should be OK though. How long ago did you apply?
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 21
Also, do people think it's worth spending an extra £700 in likes of Park Court/Bradford Quay. What exactly do get. A bigger room I hear. How much bigger? Is it worth it?
Uni Kid
Also, do people think it's worth spending an extra £700 in likes of Park Court/Bradford Quay. What exactly do get. A bigger room I hear. How much bigger? Is it worth it?

I've been in pretty much every uni accommodation at some point and i'd rank them like this:

1. Pavs/Junxion: High quality accommodation, decent atmosphere as well. Only thing to separate them is location really. If your sporty go for Pav, if you wanna be a bit closer to town then pick Junxions. Pavs has perhaps a slightly livelier atmosphere.

2. Brayford Quays: Nice accommodation, not quite as good as the two above. Atmosphere didn't seem particularly lively when i was there and my friend told me the walls are very thin. Great location though.

3. Park Courts/Club easy: Both OK but Parks is a bit far from the uni and apparently the club easy management are complete bellends. Also i was told the walls are pretty thin there.

If i was coming to Lincoln again i'd be willing to spend a bit more money to get into Pavs or Junx (would probs pick Pavs), however i'd have been OK with Brayford Quays as well.

Oh, and whilst they haven't told anyone where they are living yet, the chances are that they have assigned people accommodation already, so they know the village is full. Only the people who apply pretty rapidly get places in the village as it is in high demand and they work on a first come first serve basis.
Reply 23
hoonosewot
I've been in pretty much every uni accommodation at some point and i'd rank them like this:

1. Pavs/Junxion: High quality accommodation, decent atmosphere as well. Only thing to separate them is location really. If your sporty go for Pav, if you wanna be a bit closer to town then pick Junxions. Pavs has perhaps a slightly livelier atmosphere.

2. Brayford Quays: Nice accommodation, not quite as good as the two above. Atmosphere didn't seem particularly lively when i was there and my friend told me the walls are very thin. Great location though.

3. Park Courts/Club easy: Both OK but Parks is a bit far from the uni and apparently the club easy management are complete bellends. Also i was told the walls are pretty thin there.

If i was coming to Lincoln again i'd be willing to spend a bit more money to get into Pavs or Junx (would probs pick Pavs), however i'd have been OK with Brayford Quays as well.

Oh, and whilst they haven't told anyone where they are living yet, the chances are that they have assigned people accommodation already, so they know the village is full. Only the people who apply pretty rapidly get places in the village as it is in high demand and they work on a first come first serve basis.

Thanks. :smile: Reading several accommodation reviews It seems that every place has thin walls, so I'm starting to give up on that now lol. Does anybody know anywhere that definitely doesn't have thin walls!? :p:
Reply 24
Uni Kid
Thanks. :smile: Reading several accommodation reviews It seems that every place has thin walls, so I'm starting to give up on that now lol. Does anybody know anywhere that definitely doesn't have thin walls!? :p:

Courts (they're breeze blocks) - but the banging doors are LOUD. Also hope you're not placed next to the kitchen. (speaking as a light sleeper, who didn't sleep one night without earplugs).
Quiet house next year ftw.
Reply 25
Aqualung
Courts (they're breeze blocks) - but the banging doors are LOUD. Also hope you're not placed next to the kitchen. (speaking as a light sleeper, who didn't sleep one night without earplugs).
Quiet house next year ftw.

No room in the inn there I'm afraid. Like you, I am light sleeper! Any other suggestions? :smile:
Reply 26
Also, what exactly do you get for £4,300 at Junxion etc? Is it really worth An extra 1.1k than the £3,200 accommodation at Brayford Q and Park Court? Is it just a bigger room with a double bed?
Reply 27
first years are moved in all over the place so just because your not in courts wont be the end of the world however it is best in my veiw, yeah its first come first serve and theres no way to know if its full ppl drop out left right and centre, my friend applied for courts a week before moving in and got in due to a cancelation so don't give up hope
Reply 28
I applied back in April for courts! I cant wait to go only 6 sundays left!
Does anyone know if you have to go up on the sunday or whether you can go on the Saturday?
what date is the sunday you are talking about? I haven't heard anything from them about what date we start or when freshers starts :frown: I also applied for my accommodation months ago but still haven't heard anything! They could have atleast sent a letter saying our application has been received or something!
Reply 30
I got confirmation from the uni to say they got my letter, but i dont know when it was...

Sunday 20th September is the date (that i believe) we are meant to go up to the uni and Freshers week starts on the Monday...
oooh ok, thanks :biggrin: oooo im starting to get excited now!
Reply 32
Yeah me too, 6 Sundays left till we go!!! it cant go fast enough!!!! have you got everything?
i know i want it to come this sunday! i cant believe its only 6 sundays though! umm, no, i have nothing yet! I'm a little unorganised! but i'll prob be going to get stuff soon! have you got everything?!
Reply 34
I know i really want to go now... I hate working full time! sucks ass! haha I've been getting things for the passed year. What are you studying?
oh dear! how much am i going to need?! haha! where you working at the moment? I looked for a job over summer and just havent been able to find one, and now any jobs i apply for dont start until september and there's no point taking them because i'd have to leave after like 2 weeks! so im pretty skint :frown:
I'll be studying acupuncture, however can't find anyone doing my course, and when i went for my interview he said they only take like 26 people on for it, but i'm hoping lectures will cross over with other subjects so i'll meet more people!!!
what are you studying?
Reply 36
I work at Thomas Cook (IT department) I ahve been working here for the last year (I went on a gap year). You dont need that much, It's just the course i am doing needs loads of equipment!
I'm doing Graphic Design... I really cant wait to go! Have you been officially accepted yet?

Acupuncture is a pretty unique subject to be studying but sound pretty cool if i am understanding it properly!
haha, its the course where you stick needles into people! but yeah im real excited about it!

yeah i got my confirmation letter the other day to say i've now got an unconditional place :biggrin: hehe!
oh yeah, i can imagine you need lots of things for graphic design! a couple of my friends have done it at college, and it seems real interesting, but i dont know anyone yet who has done it at uni!

have you heard any definates from the uni about when freshers actually is? I'm assuming it starts on the 14th, but i've only heard that from other people?!
xoxgracielouxox
haha, its the course where you stick needles into people! but yeah im real excited about it!

yeah i got my confirmation letter the other day to say i've now got an unconditional place :biggrin: hehe!
oh yeah, i can imagine you need lots of things for graphic design! a couple of my friends have done it at college, and it seems real interesting, but i dont know anyone yet who has done it at uni!

have you heard any definates from the uni about when freshers actually is? I'm assuming it starts on the 14th, but i've only heard that from other people?!

I believe it starts on the 21st (as someone else said, we move in Sunday 20th) and lectures start Monday 28th.
oh, ok well now i'm confused! they will send us information about this at some point wont they?! haha! hmmm, i hope it starts on the 21st and not the 14th!

Latest