The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No
Reply 2
I believe in revenge drive-by shootings.
Reply 3
yes
Rofl at the responses. Of course I believe in Karma :h:

I also believe in Korma. Chicken Korma :coma:
Reply 5
yep - what goes around comes around
Reply 6
Totally.
Reply 7
I don't believe in karma as some mystical force, but do believe that people make their own lives and create their own 'karma'.
Yes i do.
Reply 9
No, i dont believe that it exists as a physical force that causes bad things to eventually happen to bad people. There are plenty of "good" people suffering and vice versa.

However, i think that it is one of the best mantras to follow - its win/win - when you do good deeds, if karma does exist then you benefit, if it doesnt then who cares, youve still done good things!
Reply 10
cpj1987
I don't believe in karma as some mystical force, but do believe that people make their own lives and create their own 'karma'.

exactly, well said.
Reply 11
Nope, it doesn't work like that
Reply 12
I did before I realised that it wouldn't make sense.

I think people who do bad things are more likely to be in bad situations by chance.
Reply 13
Yes.
Reply 14
Absolutely.
Lou Reed
No, i dont believe that it exists as a physical force that causes bad things to eventually happen to bad people. There are plenty of "good" people suffering and vice versa.

However, i think that it is one of the best mantras to follow - its win/win - when you do good deeds, if karma does exist then you benefit, if it doesnt then who cares, youve still done good things!

Karma was effectivly taught in direct relation to reincarnation in ancient India, which will explain why good people suffer, so beleiving in karma alone does not complete the concept, just to let you know.
No, it's ridiculous. At least the concept of some mystical force is. Obviously if you do bad **** to people they are more likely to do bad **** to you, but that's not karma that's just common sense.
Reply 17
Charzhino
Karma was effectivly taught in direct relation to reincarnation in ancient India, which will explain why good people suffer, so beleiving in karma alone does not complete the concept, just to let you know.

and the evidence that reincarnation actually happens is where?

sorry, reincarnation is just not for me, i don't buy it, once youre gone, thats it (sorry if i sound depressing), i always thought reincarnation is just a get-out-of-jail-free card to those who dont want life to end (obviously it isnt for all!).

that being said, i'm (meant to be) a hindu :woo:

believing in karma alone is the best way, personally - you go on leading a good life, doing good things, and if there is a *cough* god *cough* then you will be "rewarded", if not, then at least you can feel good about the life you have lead, no?
Reply 18
I don't believe in karma as some kind of 'force' or something which occurs all the time, but I do think people will generally get whats coming to them one way or another. Though sometimes they don't, which is a shame.
Lou Reed
and the evidence that reincarnation actually happens is where?

sorry, reincarnation is just not for me, i don't buy it, once youre gone, thats it (sorry if i sound depressing), i always thought reincarnation is just a get-out-of-jail-free card to those who dont want life to end (obviously it isnt for all!).

that being said, i'm (meant to be) a hindu :woo:

believing in karma alone is the best way, personally - you go on leading a good life, doing good things, and if there is a *cough* god *cough* then you will be "rewarded", if not, then at least you can feel good about the life you have lead, no?

I simply pointed out that karma goes hand in hand with reincarnation, I didn't ask you if you believed in it or not.
God doesn't neccesarily have to be involved in karma, Buddhists believe in karma and reincernation and they have no faith in a God entity.

Latest

Trending

Trending