The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
jy9626
I got 34. kcl rejected me. warwick told me to wait. what did kcl tell you to do?

sorry to hear that. good luck with warwick!
um, can i ask do you mean they said no through phone, or is it through ucas?

I have no change on ucas as of yet, but they said no through the phone but then i'm getting remarks so.. yeah, i'm not really sure whats happening.

haven't heard back from bristol yet.
Reply 21
mojohobo
sorry to hear that. good luck with warwick!
um, can i ask do you mean they said no through phone, or is it through ucas?

I have no change on ucas as of yet, but they said no through the phone but then i'm getting remarks so.. yeah, i'm not really sure whats happening.

haven't heard back from bristol yet.

Can I ask what you got in your individual subjects?
Reply 22
popobabu
I was offered 38 points with 6 in english hl by kings but i got 38 points but only 5 in english. I called the admissions up and they told me to write an email to them explaining my case. I wrote the mail, then i got a reply today saying they the admissions will make a decisions about it and get back to me. Ive also asked my paper to be remarked. At this point should i be feeling hopeful? a very kind person on tsr informed me on another thread that in the kings prospectus it is written that the english hl requirement could be waived for other english tests like ielts. Does this in anyway increase my chances or am i just having false hope? I was also just wondering when the A level results come out. Im so sorry for you guys who have been rejected. At this point i just hope they dont reject me too.

A-level results come out on the 20th of August.
Reply 23
Phantom_X
so i got my results today, i needed 38 and i only got 32 for KCL LLB ( i missed Bristol as well they wanted 37)

I got 7,6,5 in my HL history, english and econ and 5,3,4 in math sl, chem and japanese (how did i get a 3 in chem wtffff)

so yeah, my shot as KCL has pretty much failed right ? :frown:

im thinking of applying for resits, but i dont know much about them...do they take place in november and are released before UCAS application days ? and do you think KCL will look down on someone whos retaken 3 subjects ??? i really wanna go there and i have no idea wtf to do....
please help !

unfortunately, kcl does not accept resits. i was in the same situation as you last year. the admissions officer was actually quite hostile and very unfriendly when i asked about re-applying.
i did resit two subject this may and it was the best thing i could have ever done. i raised my english hl grade from a 4 to a 5 and my history hl from a 5 to a 7. however, that was before they could lower your score.
I was wondering if you resit and get a lower mark, will the new grade be taken, or will it be discounted, and left as the grade from the may session?

Latest

Trending

Trending