The Student Room Group

deloitte internship

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Jenii
I did it too- Proffesh Services Rotation in Birmingham...would have gone to London but it filled up REALLY fast. If you have a specific question- quote me or PM me :smile:.

I'm applying there for summer 2010, interview next week. Any tips? Can you remember roughly how long the assessment centre took?
Reply 81
smh27_2008
I'm applying there for summer 2010, interview next week. Any tips? Can you remember roughly how long the assessment centre took?

I had lunch at 12 and then the actual assessment parts probably took about 2 hours. I think I was out of the deloitte building by about 4.30 as there was waiting around.
Reply 82
Thanks Jennii :smile: My interview starts at 1:15pm so I won't bank on leaving until the end of the day. How did you find the Birmingham office? Any particular clients I could mention?
Laura-Jayne
Try ididinternabroad.com they have fab summer 2010 internships avail :smile: x

whats the phone interview about again?
is it for international students or everyone
because i was reading how some people on here had phone interviews,
while others went straight to the final round interviews? confused
Reply 85
wilma flintstone
whats the phone interview about again?
is it for international students or everyone
because i was reading how some people on here had phone interviews,
while others went straight to the final round interviews? confused

I think its just for internationals to check if you can speak English at an understandable level.
teriaki
I think its just for internationals to check if you can speak English at an understandable level.

i sat my numerical at 11 am today..no reply yet..that does mean ive failed?
Reply 87
prospectivEEconomist

No, it takes them a day or two to get back.
Reply 88
prospectivEEconomist

At which mid tier firm did you do an internship at?
Zaraf
At which mid tier firm did you do an internship at?

top 3 one..wont say..why do you need to know?
Reply 90
teriaki

No, not true, I had one and I'm not. However, potentially it is for anybody who is international and/OR applying for consulting, because consulting has a different interview process altogether...unless anybody here has experience otherwise?
i had a phone interview and im a british student applying for prof services
Reply 92
prospectivEEconomist
i had a phone interview and im a british student applying for prof services

Can you check your messages?
Reply 93
No phone interview 4 me but have my final interview on weds!! :s-smilie:
Reply 94
smh27_2008
No phone interview 4 me but have my final interview on weds!! :s-smilie:

Wow, good luck! Which one are you applying for?
Reply 95
Birmigham, summer vacation scheme 2010 :smile: What about you? I had my Assessment centre with PwC yesterday but I haven't really done much preparation for Deloitte specifics yet.
Reply 96
smh27_2008
Birmigham, summer vacation scheme 2010 :smile: What about you? I had my Assessment centre with PwC yesterday but I haven't really done much preparation for Deloitte specifics yet.

Cool, which stream? I've applied for the Consulting Summer vacation scheme in London and am going to interview soon (and am currently working on my PwC application :wink: )
Reply 97
Proffesional services rotation :smile: I should really crack on and do some prep but I think I'm being a bit too laid back because I already got made an offer from PwC yesterday :biggrin: Consulting's quite tough to get into isn't it? Best of luck :smile:
Reply 98
smh27_2008
Proffesional services rotation :smile: I should really crack on and do some prep but I think I'm being a bit too laid back because I already got made an offer from PwC yesterday :biggrin: Consulting's quite tough to get into isn't it? Best of luck :smile:

Oh, congratulations! I'm sending off my PwC application tomorrow. If you don't have to accept PwC immediately, and say you got Deloitte as well, what would you do? Yeah, consulting is tough (though obviously everything is!) but it's what I want to do and I'm trying to give myself as many headstarts as possible, such as applying early! Hopefully they'll love me. And if they don't, that'll be sad, but I'll find something else to do.
Reply 99
Thanks...that's going to be a dilemma! I reeeeeally liked my experience at PwC though, so at the moment I'm pretty certain I'm going to accept their offer. However who knows what Wednesday may bring! I don't think I'll get in to be honest because I haven't done anywhere near as much prep as I did for PwC. Yeah you're best to choose the LOS that really interests you even if it is a bit hard to get into, as you say they all are! From personal experience, I can only say applying early seems to be a massive bonus!! I'm sure you will do just fine :biggrin: Keep me posted :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending