The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The Chinese government can't keep keeling protestors. I foresee an uprising.
Reply 2
Replace "China" with "UK" or "Sweden".

What would happen?
Reply 3
Most of the deaths and injuries are chinese. I hope and pray that the chinese government will shoot all the protesters to death quickly. I love how the bbc don't show the videos of the protesters stabbing people, throwing moletovs, and smashing everything to bits. The police didn't respond with any where near enough force. If this happened in the UK, far far more protesters would have died, but the overall deaths would be nowhere near that numbers. This just shows once again how racist the chinese government is against its own people.

Before anyone responds to this, it doesn't mean the chinese government treats anyone else nicely either, but chinese or not, people are people, everyone deserves safety!
Reply 4
Protests should all be killed. Even those in Iran, even females.
Reply 5
^Zophixan and UGeNe your not funny or clever, whats the point in even making those comments when you know your going to piss people off
Reply 6
Mayze59
The Chinese government can't keep keeling protestors. I foresee an uprising.

There needs to be one, but the Chinese govt are too heavy handed, I doubt it could ever work - the rebels would just get slaughtered.
Reply 7
Terrible that Uighurs are turning their hatred towards the Hans, their violence is totally misguided. Their fight is with the government of China not fellow ethnic groups caught up in the cross fire. This one protest has probably put their independence movement back decades and they've more likely lost any support they once had. There were videos of innocent young females caught up. One shows the protesters pulling a young female off a bus by her hair and pushing her to the ground simply because she is of Han decent.

But to be honest though I wouldn't be all that surprised if the government used agent provocateurs to incite the crowd to attack innocents in order to discredit the independence movement. It's certainly not unheard of in China and has been used against unions.
Reply 8
Crap happens all the time. Though it's still bad that it does. Then again, that's real life. History repeats itself in many different forms.
Both sides are to blame. It isn't just a bloody repression, it's a bloody riot.

Have people seen all the fires and vehicles being tipped over? Not to mention the attacks on Han Chinese.
Reply 10
Pialamo
^Zophixan and UGeNe your not funny or clever, whats the point in even making those comments when you know your going to piss people off

A lot of things piss different people off...some don't like gays
Reply 11
seeing how they've been trying to separate from China since the 1700's then I don't blame them.
Liquidus Zeromus
Both sides are to blame. It isn't just a bloody repression, it's a bloody riot.

Have people seen all the fires and vehicles being tipped over? Not to mention the attacks on Han Chinese.

Culmination of decades of Han oppression maybe?
Reply 13
neodymium
Culmination of decades of Han oppression maybe?

They did oppress the Russians. :yep: Among other peoples.
UGeNe
They did oppress the Russians. :yep: Among other peoples.

Chinese oppressed Russians

What is the world coming to:rolleyes:
Reply 15
neodymium
Chinese oppressed Russians

What is the world coming to:rolleyes:

It's crazy...even the Japanese want a piece of Russian land nowadays.
Reply 16
There was further unrest today: http://www.economist.com/world/asia/displayStory.cfm?story_id=13980921&source=features_box1

They seem like typical race riots, but it will still be interesting to see how the Chinese government reacts if the unrest continues.
Reply 17
I think they'll just crush them communist stylee.
Reply 18
According to the papers, the riots are due to racial discrimination in economic and political life by the Han Chinese. Han Chinese are being encouraged to migrate into the province to dominate the Uighars (rather like as they have been in Tibet) and as a way of permanently resolving any independence aspirations.

According to the Chinese government, they are dealing with the violent uprising of radical Islamist separatists allied with Al Queda and stirred up by foreigners.

What do people think?
Reply 19
I heard police killed a Xuighar and that kicked all of this off. It does seem a little weird that there's not much info on what caused all of these riots. But it seems like the Hans are striking back.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/8139065.stm

Latest

Trending

Trending