The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Harris
I don't even see what Israel has done in Lebanon or Palestine that was so terrible.

Reply 41
^^^ When using words are too hard..
Reply 42
Harris
^^^ When using words are too hard..

Or when stupidity doesn't deserve them...
Reply 43
Sakujo
Or when stupidity doesn't deserve them...

Or when ignorance is inexcusable..
Reply 44
Harris
Or when ignorance is inexcusable..

Or when.. actually forget this I'm out.
Reply 45
TheJudge
So basically you are verifying what i said, Israel would not allow me to immigrate there or anyone else unless they are jewish or from a jewish family.
These are not western liberal values.

I consider as do many others that the west bank and the gaza strip are ghettos controlled by Israel. The arab muslim population has been ghettoised because they are seen as an inferior race within Israel. These are not western liberal values.

Israel defines itself as a Jewish state.

True, Israel banned arab parties from running in the upcoming election.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1054867.html

Once again not western liberal democratic values.

Israel is notoriously right wing. Simialar in many respects to arab states. Once again not western LIBERAL democratic values.

I have to get some sleep so I'll only relate to that part. The supreme court over turned this decision. The party was not banned, and participated in the elections.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1057497.html
Reply 46
Sakujo

Am I the only one that sees testicles in here?
Reply 47
Ugh I got warned...
Reply 48
Neo Con
Let's cut the crap, this discussion has been done to death in TSR many times.

A non muslim can walk the streets of Tel Aviv much more safely than lets say the streets in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan e.t.c This is not in dispute, if you do a poll I am sure most people will say this.

Secondly, in Israel the constitution grants rights to individuals, you know like the right to a proper trial, a right to a lawyer, a right to freedom of speech and religion.

In middle east countries you can quite easily be stoned/killed without a fair trial. Corruption is very high.

You must be one stupid guy. I don't care about your academic credentials, so save yourself from embarassment and don't boast, 80% of TSR has ' top students.'

We are com apring Israel to western liberal democracies not muslim countries. Regardless people of various religions can walk the streets in arab countries and Iran. Lebanon has a veyr diverse religious state and Iran protects many religions in its laws including jews.

Also i consider the Gaza Strip and the West Bank to be Israeli Ghettos where arabs and muslims are targetted purely for being arab and muslim. This does not occur in a single arab or muslim state.

There is not a single western liberal democracy that ghettoizes a whole ethnicity and targets them mercilessly.
Reply 49
Harris
Violent history maybe, but Chinese people always had China....the Jews were expelled from everywhere, there's a difference.

They are only debated by idiots and bigots like yourself who can't let it go.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_Jews_were_killed_in_the_Holocaust

They are only debated at the annual Holocaust Denial Conference in Iran, i'll make sure to get you a ticket.

(Question bolded to highlight your intellect)

Uhhh what? Maybe because Israel is a country and Hamas is a listed terrorist group on every country's terror list? Same with Hezbollah? How about because Terrorists always try to destabilize countries, like the IRA did, like the Tamil Tigers did, like the Al-Aksa Martyrs Brigade does, and the list goes on. You do not know what terrorists are for **** sake read a book. It has nothing to do with Muslims, it has to do with one targeting civilians for maximum damage, and the other targeting military locations (Israel).

Yes i already proved you wrong on that point. Israel abided with international law on both. You also cannot spell.

Hezbollah who is funded by Lebanon and under their control started the war. Not "some militants"...a terrorist group. Israel was not defeated lol.
An Israeli defeat means there is no more Israel.

The war in Gaza was not started by israel...how did they provoke rocket attacks? By living? Children in Sderot have a PDSD rate of 30% due to rocket attacks, a response was necessary. You also showed you dont get Israeli politics, as the party in control that tried stopping the terrorism ended up losing the next election.

Dictionary.com could help for you to learn what "facts" are.

Yes...they let Muslims immigrate there all the time lmao. So what? Muslims complain Israel abuse Palestinian yet they are completely content to live in Israel.

Why? Israel is clearly the best and most democratic country in the region, yet you and other bigots only single out Israel for condemnation. This is what makes you so pathetic, and bigoted. If you condemned Saudi Arabia's awful human rights record, Irans terrible leadership, Syrias double-dealing and then you also criticized Israel that is fine. But to single out Israel beyond all others (like the UN does) is just foolish and transparent. Your intentions are clear. I wouldn't be surprised if you have an anti-semitic streak in your family.

They are not under Israeli control....stop lying. They are ran by their own "elected" leaders. You keep throwing the term pseudo-state around but you dont get that one either. Israel doesn't treat the palestinians as less than human, their own leaders do. Yasser Arafat, Abbas are both the same.

Okay first of all the parties banned support terrorism and the extermination of Israel. Secondly, democracies can and do ban certain political parties. Holocaust denial is illegal in Germany (so don't go there any time soon), and a party that has that as part of its platform will likely be banned from running in the elections. On top of that the article says its likely the Supreme Court will over-rule the decision.

How are Arabs second class citizens? In Muslim countries Jews pay a Jizya, a special tax that without paying they are killed. Does Israel do that? Israel allows Muslim immigration, what the **** are you saying?

You are the one painting Israel as backward as it's neighbours. Why aren't you criticizing Saudi Arabia? Jordan? Lebanon? Iran?

Israel is 1/60th of Iran's land mass, yet in your mind they are responsible for all evil. On top of this you blame all of it on the "Jews", and say its fine if people hate Jews.

What university would have accepted you? It's sad that you're probably 5 years older than me yet you don't understand the basic syllogisms of an argument.

Who am I? I attend the #1 high-school in Canada, and am 6th for debating in the country competing with students a year older than I was.

Let's not turn this into a pissing contest shall we? I dont want you to think that us Jews drink piss as well as blood :rolleyes:

So you admit you were wrong. the Chinese have had a much more violent history than jews. Infact it is not even close.

Actually you will find the number of Jewish dead is much closer to 4 million than 6 million. 6 Million is the worst case scenario.

Hamas and Hezbollah are both political parties who are present in Palestinian and Lebanese governments. The term terrorist is so loosely defined these days it appears to be just the name you call your enemy. The term terrorist appears to be mainly given to muslim people by anti-islamists.

Cluster bombs are a disgusting weapon and are illegal in 111 countries the only rogue nations who wish to use them include Israel. Israel being a nation which appears to have no respect for human life... well as long as its muslim life.
http://dorigo.wordpress.com/2008/05/30/cluster-bombs-now-illegal-in-111-countries-guess-who-still-wants-them/

Israel was defeated by Hezbollah, even in the israeli government they called it a defeat. Just goes to show an intelligent army can defeat a better equiped but inferior army.

''The UN recorded seven IDF violations of the ceasefire between June 20 and June 26, and three violations by Palestinian groups not affiliated with Hamas between June 23 and 26.[43] On December 18, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of Hamas, reported 185 Israeli violations during the lull period.[44] The Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center reported a total of 223 rockets and 139 mortar shells fired from Gaza during the lull, including 20 rockets and 18 mortar shells before November 4.[45] It noted that "Hamas was careful to maintain the ceasefire" until November 4, when the ceasefire was "seriously eroded."[46] Rocket fire decreased by 98 percent in the four and a half months between June 18 and November 4 when compared to the four and a half months preceding the ceasefire.[47]''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaza_War

This is a sourced wikipedia article.

So it appears that Israel violated the ceasefire before Hamas fired rockets and then they claim Hamas broke the ceasefire when hamas reply. So i was right, Israel provoked a war before elections. What is really sad is that they killed so many Palestinians but the Israeli people strill vote for a more extreme right wing party.

I do condemn Iran, Saudia Arabia etc. My family is not anti-semitic we have no problem with semitic people, which curiously includes only a minority of the jewish population. I however expect your family is very anti-islamic.

The Palestinian territories are controlled by israel. israel lets them elect their own leaders who have no control to blur the lines between having their own state and being a part of Israel. In reality they are a part of Israel and are ghettos for the muslim and arab people. Not a single western democracy does this.

Iran has problems with its government however it has not removed one part of its population and put them in ghettos. No arab nation has done this either regardless of land mass.

Being in a top highschool means nothing it just means you are from a priveledged family. I however study at a top uni where i had to earn my place and i study mech eng. there is an obvious difference between our arguments, you present opinions whicha re not backed up i support facts supported by sources. This is the difference between a highschool kid and a top student at a top university.

So you are Jewish i guess that will explain your bias and your support for Israel. Whereas i am not muslim or Palestinian etc...

Just goes to show how racist you people are sending me a neg rep saying 'muslim fail'. All the more ironic when i am infact an athiest.
Reply 50
borismor
I have to get some sleep so I'll only relate to that part. The supreme court over turned this decision. The party was not banned, and participated in the elections.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1057497.html

Interestingly that article reveals there is a single arab politician in the Knesset for a population of 20 percent arabs. Irans has a single Jewish politicians in its governments and they have less than 1 percent jews in their nation. So it appears Israel is not as progressive as some of its neighbours.
Reply 51
TheJudge
Interestingly that article reveals there is a single arab politician in the Knesset for a population of 20 percent arabs. Irans has a single Jewish politicians in its governments and they have less than 1 percent jews in their nation. So it appears Israel is not as progressive as some of its neighbours.

What this paragraph reveals is that you don't know how to read or count,
and that you are a liar.

A list of Arab politicians in the current Knesset:

Ahmad Tibi
Taleb el-Sana
Jamal Zahalka
Haneen Zoubi
Masud Ghnaim
Ibrahim Sarsur
Afu Agabaria
Mohammad Barakeh
Hana Sweid
Said Nafaa
Hanin Zuabi
Hamad Amar
Ayoob Kara
Majalli Wahabi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_members_of_the_Knesset

Iran is not a neighbor of Israel.

You fail once more.
Reply 52
borismor
What this paragraph reveals is that you don't know how to read or count,
and that you are a liar.

A list of Arab politicians in the current Knesset:

Ahmad Tibi
Taleb el-Sana
Jamal Zahalka
Haneen Zoubi
Masud Ghnaim
Ibrahim Sarsur
Afu Agabaria
Mohammad Barakeh
Hana Sweid
Said Nafaa
Hanin Zuabi
Hamad Amar
Ayoob Kara
Majalli Wahabi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arab_members_of_the_Knesset

Iran is not a neighbor of Israel.

You fail once more.

Haaretz lists only one arab member of the Knesset, this is your source an Israeli newspaper. An unsourced wikipedia article claims there are a few. I choose to believe your original source Haaretz.

Iran does not share a border with Israel but is within the same region. You can pick and choose who you want to call neighbours, considering Iran is Israels regional competitor i would include Iran. It appears you wish to exclude anyone who has a fighting chance to compete with Israel. Very convenient.
Reply 53
TheJudge
Haaretz lists only one arab member of the Knesset, this is your source an Israeli newspaper. An unsourced wikipedia article claims there are a few. I choose to believe your original source Haaretz.

That's because you're assuming that if it mentioned one name then there are no others -
logicfail and inability to comprehend simple texts.

Over here you can verify each name for yourself:

http://knesset.gov.il/mk/eng/mkdetails_eng.asp

This is actually the source for the article, you'd know that if you had bothered looking.

They all turn up if you Google them.

I sure hope you don't become a mechanical engineer because frankly, I wouldn't even let someone with
your cognitive abilities to play with Lego.

Fail, fail, fail.
Reply 54
borismor
That's because you're assuming that if it mentioned one name then there are no others - logicfail and inability to comprehend simple texts.

Over here you can verify each name for yourself:

http://knesset.gov.il/mk/eng/mkdetails_eng.asp

This is actually the source for the article, you'd know that if you had bothered looking.

They all turn up if you Google them.

Fail, fail, fail.

I am quoting your article.

''Sports, Culture and Science Minister Raleb Majadale, the only Israeli Arab minister serving in the Knesset, also welcomed the court's decision''

Regardless i hope i am wrong i would love to see more muslims and arabs in the Knesset, i patiently await the day whenbarabs are the only members of the Knesset and Israel is a muslim and arab nation.

Israel is making steps in the right direction. :wink:
Reply 55
TheJudge
I am quoting your article.

''Sports, Culture and Science Minister Raleb Majadale, the only Israeli Arab minister serving in the Knesset, also welcomed the court's decision'')

Now we see that you don't know the difference between a minister and a parliament member.
A parliament member is also a politician, hence you fail. Read a book or something, seriously.

By the way, in Iran they have one Jewish parliament member and 0 Jewish ministers.

Regardless i hope i am wrong i would love to see more muslims and arabs in the Knesset, i patiently await the day whenbarabs are the only members of the Knesset and Israel is a muslim and arab nation.

Well that's because you're a freedom hater, which does not surprise me at all.

Israel is making steps in the right direction. ;

Hey guys - this bloke actually tried to insult me with this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo

When I explained to him the Sasha Cohen is a Jew he didn't believe me. He said that only his mother is Jewish lol.

He also thinks that Madonna is Jewish.
Reply 56
borismor
Now we see that you don't know the difference between a minister and a parliament member.
A parliament member is also a politician, hence you fail. Read a book or something, seriously.

By the way, in Iran they have one Jewish parliament member and 0 Jewish ministers.

Well that's because you're a freedom hater, which does not surprise me at all.

Hey guys - this bloke actually tried to insult me with this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo

When I explained to him the Sasha Cohen is a Jew he didn't believe me. He said that only his mother is Jewish lol.

He also thinks that Madonna is Jewish.

Sorry do muslim politicians in the Knesset represent a threat to freedom? Are you anti-Islamist.

When did i try and insult you with that clip. Have you gone insane?

Isn't Madonna Jewish? I heard in the news she is...
Reply 57
TheJudge
Sorry do muslim politicians in the Knesset represent a threat to freedom? Are you anti-Islamist.

Well de facto they are in the Knesset unlike what you tried to imply, so
Stop diverting the subject, just admit you were wrong and we'll call it a day.

When did i try and insult you with that clip. Have you gone insane?

Yesterday when you approached me through messenger. I have our little conversation on record, so don't even try...

Isn't Madonna Jewish? I heard in the news she is...

Nope. She never converted.
What a bunch of hateful morons.
Reply 59
borismor
Well de facto they are in the Knesset unlike what you tried to imply, so
Stop diverting the subject, just admit you were wrong and we'll call it a day.

Yesterday when you approached me through messenger. I have our little conversation on record, so don't even try...

Nope. She never converted.

Ok, i hope you';re right i wait for the day when the Knesset is all arab and you live in an arab state. After all Israel is already 20 percent arab.... 20 years that'll be 50 percent..... good times.

What conversation.... if its not said in here then its irrelevant.

Isn't she a Kabbalah Jew?

Borismor you are easily my favourite jew.

Latest

Trending

Trending