The Student Room Group
Reply 1
We had to go back after our AS's as well...to start our A2 modules :frown:

I'm glad that was last year tho! :awesome:
Most year 12s return to school after the summer exams.

It's a month of teaching which would otherwise be wasted. Unless the school had very efficient teachers...
Reply 3
Yeah we did, but we're finished now... Surprised you've still got three weeks!
I have finished but for the last week my school was not even teaching just doing some really unnecessary team building nonsense. Three more weeks does sounds pretty unpleasant
Reply 5
I'm still there!

Luckily I'm being...ill...and going to...open days...quite a bit. :ninja:

I have just lost all motivation. I really think it'd be more beneficial to start A2 after a break, 'cause I feel like I'm just coasting into A2 waiting for the holiday. ><
Reply 6
i finish this week, we have done nothing for three weeks, waaasste.
Reply 7
I have two weeks one day to go..
yup, still got next week to go yet...
Reply 9
I'm fairly sure most schools have Year 12s go back after their exams. Mine did anyway; I seem to remember having 5 weeks before the summer. It was quite useful because we got the Psychology coursework (a whole unit) done before the summer, which also gave the teachers weeks to mark it and give us it back for improvements and suchlike.
We did last year, but it wasn't particularly productive. We would have finished last week as well
We had to go back after our AS exams to start the A2 modules. I'm quite glad, really. Took the pressure off a bit :smile: Would be finishing next week if I was still an AS student :ninja:
Reply 12
I finish tomorrow! Thank god... we came back on June 8th and worked solidly for a couple more weeks... now we've just trailed off into doing nothing - teachers have just cancelled lessons cause they cba or are busy with something else, nobody is turning up, half on holiday, the other half on open days, and we have lots of quizzes and parties and generally just sit with our teachers and have a chat :smile: Can't wait for a good break, shame they've set us tons of holiday work because they couldn't get it all done in these few weeks.
Reply 13
When I did my AS level exams a couple of years ago, work on A2 modules began in the first week of July. After doing GCSEs the year previous, however, there was no school until the start of the new academic year in September. Students were encouraged to attend Sixth Form induction events, however.

Shaun
AAAAW

it sukks ma 6thform finishes
next friday .. the 17th :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending