The Student Room Group

Advice needed!

Some independent advice needed please......I am considering studying pharmacy as it is a career I have been interested in some time. However as I have a previous degree I will be classed as an ELQ student and therefore liable to full tuition fees of £7500 per year. Working during holidays and evenings and with a loan (and supportive partner!) I believe I will be able to afford this however I am also 32 now and wonder if I really should be considering starting a 4 year course? What do people reckon? Is a pharmacy career really worth the hit now. I guess I would still have a full career of 30 years ahead of me when i graduate (as retirement age seems to keep going up and up!). Am I correct in saying that after pre-reg, earnings would be about £35 to 40k in community pharmacy (and I guess there is the option to do some locuming on days off for extra money when required!)
Does anyone know of any 30+ year olds currently studying pharmacy?
Also and very important - if i start the course would I be able to find locum pharmacy assistant jobs (say a few hours in the evenings) and a day at the weekend-does anyone do this?

A lot of questions - any thoughts from people gratefully recieved!

Latest

Trending

Trending