The Student Room Group

good AS-Grades + Me = not going to happen

ok, chem AS in two weeks time, bio in just under 2 weeks time. i am not going to get the grades at AS that i need for good predictions for medical school. i have no excuse, as i come from an independant school, other than both subjects are really difficult. ive been revising for them for about 8 weeks now, and i feel as if nothing has gone in, and it really hasnt. what do i do, if/when i don't get the required grades? please help!
Reply 1
please help me.... :redface: :frown:
Reply 2
all you can really do is work hard and see what happens.

university entry seems so far away, even right up until the day you get your first offer. so i can understand how it's sometimes hard to actually combine the real images in your head of why you need to do well, if you can do well, and whether you will do well. but it's all down to you really.

to get a feel for the whole exams, i tend to look at previous examiners' reports, especially if it's on a past paper you've done as practice in school. they always talk about the differences between strong and weak candidates, and in a lot of cases they actually say the exact things which were needed to get the highest marks, in specific detail.
Reply 3
Get off this forum and work, work, work!

It's amazing what you can do! You'll also be surprised to find you're probably taken in far more than you think.

Also they're *only* AS grades - you can use them to gauge your progress.

You have 2 whole weeks left - get people to test you - get together with friends and test and support each other. It sounds to me like you just need a confidence boost - the infor probably has gone in - honest! Before my last exams, I had a mini breakdown, convinced myself that nothing had gone in etc that I was going to fail and get kicked out of med school - I came out with the equivalent of a 1st. I honestly didn't think I had taken anything in - it's just the effect exams have on me.

Try not to panic and do your best. No one can ask anymore of you than that.

Good luck!
Reply 4
I would echo what the others have said, but if things do go badly - just resit! I resat my AS chemistry more than once, and also resat AS biology; I'm now studying medicine.
Good luck!
How are you revising ? If you feel like nothing's going in, make sure you tightly focus what you're studying to exactly what's required from the syllabus, and look at some websites to find effective ways to revise. Good luck!
Reply 6
Yeah, as datwyn said, just do the exams and see how they go. There are a number of alternative ways which will eventually lead to a degree in medicine, but you can worry about those later. Right now, just concentrate on the exams.
Reply 7
I think u need to revise plenty. :wink: (I've got 9 exams)

Latest

Trending

Trending