The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Male.
Reply 3
I like both, but feel closer to male friends, whereas female friends are more casual friendships. I like spending time with girls, but not too often.
Reply 4
I hate these threads. They're both equal to me.
Well I am the sort of person that has friends for different things, like if I wanted to go to the pub I would consult my male friends, if I wanted to go shopping I would consult my female friends, night out mixture of both, e.t.c. My closest friends are male, but I think this is more circumstance and the fact I live with them and see them a lot than males being better than females.
Reply 6
I feel as if I can be more open about my feelings to my female friends rather than male friends. With males, it's more of a casual friendship, but some are 7878 times better than females, though.
:dontknow:
Reply 7
I go for personality rather than gender. I have some female friends which I like better than some male friends and vice versa. Gender means **** all.
Both equal. Though really depends on the type of friends, how close they are, how long you've known them for and what type of advise they can give you etc.
Reply 10
sometimes u find good male frnds nd sometime good female frnds.it depends on ur luck
Reply 11
i only have two friends that are girls, the rest are boys...i have a male mentality which some girl dont appreciate
Reply 12
Can't be bothered to repeat, but my opinions on the matter are clear in this post.

Actually I'd like to add, that although I have friends of both gender I'm probably closer to female friends in that there are things I can discuss with them that I wouldn't discuss with my male friends because I feel they empathise more (particulalry pertaining to personal feelings and relationships). Whereas there aren't any topics that I would discuss with my male friends but not with my female friends.

Also, there are limits to how physically and emotionally close you can be with male friends particularly if either of you are in relationships. For example, when I'm staying round a female friend's house we'll often sleep in the same bed - whereas I wouldn't do that with my male friends.
Have both, but seem to be closer to a couple of guys than any girls. I think it's probably a coincidence though.
Reply 14
I'm closer to my guys mates, as I spend quite a lot of time with them. There's only 3 female friends I have that I feel I can tell most things to compared to 6 male friends.
I say male. I'm always having to 'watch my back' when it comes to girl friends. They never seem 100% trustworthy and they'll happily step over you to get what they want - they're bitches. Chinese whispers, gossiping and backstabbing, no thanks.

That said, my main friendship group is made up of 5/6 girls (college course friends) but I do prefer having male buddies - I find them easier to get on with, to talk to and relate to. I have a somewhat 'masculine' brain in that I think in a pretty 'black and white' fashion, which seems to connect more with the guys I know.
Reply 16
I dunno....in general i have more male friends but i have 2 female friends that im really really close to.... dont think it matters on the gender, its just who you get along with really :smile:
I like them equally, but males like banter and females... never accept it :frown:. That's the only difference imo.
If we're talking stereotypically - male. I'm more of a tomboy, not into the whole "OMG, Emma totally shagged Tom at Sarah's Party last night!" kind of talk that all the females at my college seem to be into. Plus I hate shopping, shoes, dresses, skirts, fashion and extensive beauty stuff like salons and nails etc. Coudn't care less about nail varnish. Although I never leave the house without foundation, powder and concealor. That's about as girly as it gets for me.

Generally, at college I almost only hang out with guys. Simply because most of the girls I know at college, if not all, fall into the category set out above. Although there are a couple whom I am able to hoold a conversation with without becoming insanely bored, as stuck-up as that sounds.

However, I tend to hang out with both outside college. It's just that I generally don't hang out with girly-girls because it's really hard to have a contructive conversation with them without it turning to boys or fashion/beauty or who's fatter than who etc. The girls that I do hang out with are generally either also tomboys or just really ungirly whilst still being feminine, like me :smile:
Reply 19
Male...they're more laid back and not so bitchy all the time...

Latest