The Student Room Group

How long does sex really last for you?

I always see posts on TSR with people talking about sex lasting well over and hour, not including foreplay.

Now, I don't consider myself hugely experienced, but I have had a number of partners, one of which (my present one) is long term (talking years).

However, with a few very noticable exceptions (drunk not enjoying it very much), I have never had sex for over an hour. I have had occasions when we have had sex multiple times over many hours, but not one straight thrusting session.

Now, to be honest, if I had sex for 45 minutes + I would be A) bored, B) very tired, C) sore and I also doubt that my partner would still be that, for lack of a better word, moist!

In fact, if i think of the best sex I have had, its always been around 15-20 minutes. Obviously, before this there is foreplay and, importantly, afterwards cuddling etc.

So, I'm calling some of these hour+ men out because, to be honest, I think they are lying. Are you really trying to tell me that you go full pelt for 45minutes+ ??

It seems to me that you seem to be under the impression MORE TIME = BETTER ..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anonymous
and, importantly, afterwards cuddling etc.

You've been well trained!

You're completely right, people who post about hours of endless sex remind me of that offensive guy off Inbetweeners who knows **** all about sex but pretends he knows everything!

Having said that, one night I did have sex with Pamela Anderson for well over 6 hours!
Actual intercourse around 7-10 mins.
Foreplay changes each time 1 second to 20 minutes.
Cuddling after again subjective... sometimes i sleep.
Anonymous
I always see posts on TSR with people talking about sex lasting well over and hour, not including foreplay.

Now, I don't consider myself hugely experienced, but I have had a number of partners, one of which (my present one) is long term (talking years).

However, with a few very noticable exceptions (drunk not enjoying it very much), I have never had sex for over an hour. I have had occasions when we have had sex multiple times over many hours, but not one straight thrusting session.

Now, to be honest, if I had sex for 45 minutes + I would be A) bored, B) very tired, C) sore and I also doubt that my partner would still be that, for lack of a better word, moist!

In fact, if i think of the best sex I have had, its always been around 15-20 minutes. Obviously, before this there is foreplay and, importantly, afterwards cuddling etc.

So, I'm calling some of these hour+ men out because, to be honest, I think they are lying. Are you really trying to tell me that you go full pelt for 45minutes+ ??

It seems to me that you seem to be under the impression MORE TIME = BETTER ..

15 mins is the optimum time for ACTUAL penetration i would say, although the more foreplay the merrier. any longer than 15-20 minutes and it gets boring, plus i start worrying that the guy won't come, which is distracting
Reply 4
Depends on the guy I guess.
It doesn't always get boring after 20 minutes as it depends on the guy, how adventurous you both are and so on.

The longest for me is about 40 minutes
Reply 5
I dunno, when its happening, it feels like hardly any time, but then I look at the clock afterwards and I am purely SHOCKED. So it can happen.
Anonymous
15 mins is the optimum time for ACTUAL penetration i would say, although the more foreplay the merrier. any longer than 15-20 minutes and it gets boring, plus i start worrying that the guy won't come, which is distracting

Exactly this.
After that 15-20 mins, I get bored and want him to come already, then I worry that he isn't even going to.
I'm a girl but I agree with the others: 15 mins is the max I'd want really (of continuous thrusting as you put it) - but of course it adds up if we have sex more than once in a night

My boyf usually lasts 10 mins
Reply 8
I'm glad to see all these comments as the majority of posts on TSR seem to suggest we should all be aiming for at least 45 mins...

I think men also seem to focus sooooo much on the amount of time they last, they dont actually enjoy sex as much as they could and, in turn, their partners don't enjoy it as much...
Reply 9
I've never really had a timer out, or bothered to check clocks or whatever - but I doubt i've ever had to deal with anything over 20 minutes - not including foreplay and whatever. 20 minutes is a fairly long time in one position anyways, those people talking an hour or more must do several different positions to keep things, err.. interesting? XD
Reply 10
sprout.
I dunno, when its happening, it feels like hardly any time, but then I look at the clock afterwards and I am purely SHOCKED. So it can happen.

I get that a lot.
if there is more foreplay the sex tends to be alot more full on i guess and probably shorter i dunno but ive been goin for a good 40-50 mins before maybe even an hour i dont actually time it but ermm it all depends how caught up in it you are

keep it fresh change positions and make sure she's enjoying it!

having said that we usually have sex for about 15-30 mins i reckon
My boyfriend gets longer each time (in one session). Ranges from 5 minutes to maybe 45 minutes (which I have enjoyed and also disliked in the past!)
Best for me is about 15/20 which is normal for us :smile:
Oh, and we change positions obviously.
Reply 14
It depends on the time, usually forplay lasts for about 10 - 20 mins on each of us, sometimes going up to 40. Then intercouse can go from 30 - to over an hour, sometimes stopping for a min or two to change position or kiss. Then afterwards cuddle and think about how good it was.
Disclaimer: The following post is not intended to boost my ego. It is a pure statement of fact (as I know it!)

Times vary for me quite a lot, but from experience I would say good sex takes around 20 minutes, mixing speeds and positions. Results in about 4-6 orgasms for her, although a few occasions I have reached over 10 and on one occasion, 20. although once or twice she has had none at all! :frown: (I was tired, a black cat crossed my path, etc :wink: )

I have came in three minutes before too! This has been after we havent seen each other for a couple of days, though. Sometimes during these epic length sessions she will orgasm, sometimes she wont.

I have lasted for an hour and a half before (Not that we were counting) And, to be honest, by the last half an hour I was completely exhausted and the bed looked as if we had both been swimming and not bothered to dry ourselves. She can get sore from this (Length of time combined with the fact that she is a small girl and I am quite a large guy) So I tend to really go for it when I know we wont be seeing each other for a time. :p:

I feel it is important to note that I am in no way attributing my durations to any 'Skill' or 'stamina' I am above average fitness (going running, swimming and boxing training on a regular basis) But I believe, being circumcised, I am less sensitive than other men and able to last for longer. I have in the past failed to orgasm, Id say roughly 5% of the time (frustrating for me!), so perhaps my case is the exception, rather than the rule.

My rather... overweight friend stated once that he had lasted over two hours of non-stop pounding, which I find hard to believe. Im rather more fit, and an hour and a half *killed* me, and this is going slowly in order to last longer.

As long as I last over 10 minutes and she gets a few orgasms, Im happy :yep:
Reply 16
I get bored after 20 mins. Changing positions maybe I won't get bored till 30 mins.

It's the messing around before and in between that's the best.
About 15 minutes is good, and usual. When drink is involved, can last one-two hours, but I get bored when that's the case, and it's rare, thankfully.

I always finish before my boyfriend, I usually orgasm within 5-10 mins...and he takes about 15, so works out well! If it went on too long not only would I get bored, I'd probably be quite sore!
Reply 18
It last for as long as the girl wants it to!
Ok, I promise you I'm not lying -left to our own devices we usually last at least an hour, and to be honest three hours isn't unusual. He's my first partner so I don't know, but I am aware this is probably pretty rare. However, we change positions and speed quite a lot and we have nice cuddly rests when we get knackered and then start again. I'd be happy for it to go a bit faster, more for his enjoyment than anything, but he honestly doesn't seem to mind and I love it, to tell the truth. We can do it quicker, but it's actually quite difficult for both of us -the shortest we've ever managed was twenty minutes. But again, I think we're both just odd.

Quick Reply

Latest