The Student Room Group

Civil Engineering Universities....

Hi guys,

Basically I have just finished the IB, and I am taking a gap year. I am looking to apply next year to a civil engineering course, and am looking at various universities now to get an idea of where I should apply.
I got 29 points for IB, which isn't that great, so I definitely don't have enough to get into the likes of Imperial, Cambridge, etc.

So can you recommend any decent universities that I will be able to get into with 29 points? (In UCAS tariff points that translates to AAA, but all of the unis translate it into about ABB or BBB I think).
I've found a few, Cardiff being one, also City University, and a few others, but I'm not entirely sure what's good and what's not.

Another thing I should add is that I would prefer a uni to the east or south of England.

I know this is one of many threads asking about civil engineering universities, but I thought I'd start a new one cause I had a specific grade.

Thanks in advance! :smile:
Reply 1
Bristol
Southampton
Sheffield

and maybe for insurance?

Nottingham
Loughborough
Reply 2
Cardiff are good though, but I prefer Bristol and Southampton to Cardiff
Reply 3
They are a little too far out of my reach actually, Bristol and Southampton both ask 35 points, I think Loughborough is similar as is Nottingham. Cardiff seems like my only choice at a quite highly regarded uni in terms of engineering I think.....

Latest

Trending

Trending