The Student Room Group

Have you ever been called ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Never been called ugly because of my face. But my mum called me ugly yesterday because I've gained weight, but she only said that to make me realise I'll get fat if I eat like this long term. People have called me ugly behind my back, but that was because they lost an argument to me, not because of my aesthetics.. I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 401
Original post by Anonymous
I am interested in the responses to this as I have been called 'ugly' a few times in my life and obviously it affected me. On two occasions it was by strangers in the street. Once a boy stopped me and said 'excuse me' and when I turned around he just said 'You're ugly' :rolleyes:

So it affected my self esteem and when I got to college and a few guys asked me out I was amazed. My confidence had gotten so low that I didn't think it possible that anyone would like me. Things are very different now.

Have you ever been called ugly and did it affect your self esteem?

Also I'd like to hear from anyone who's never been called ugly or who have ever called someone else ugly (to their face) ...

Don't worry unless you are in the very attractive set I think pretty much everyone gets this flung at them since people know it's very hurtful.
I am interested in the responses to this as I have been called 'ugly' a few times in my life and obviously it affected me. On two occasions it was by strangers in the street. Once a boy stopped me and said 'excuse me' and when I turned around he just said 'You're ugly' :rolleyes:

So it affected my self esteem and when I got to college and a few guys asked me out I was amazed. My confidence had gotten so low that I didn't think it possible that anyone would like me. Things are very different now.

Also I'd like to hear from anyone who's never been called ugly or who have ever called someone else ugly (to their face) ...

Nope.....never....

I don't think it really happens to guys to be honest.
Reply 403
Does calling yourself ugly count? If no, then I probably haven't, can't remember.
Original post by NutE
Never been called ugly because of my face. But my mum called me ugly yesterday because I've gained weight, but she only said that to make me realise I'll get fat if I eat like this long term. People have called me ugly behind my back, but that was because they lost an argument to me, not because of my aesthetics.. I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** parenting.
Was regularly called ugly in school, especially by the boys! Certainly made me feel very down about myself at the time!
No but if someone does call me ugly I'd just laugh and agree:rolleyes:
Original post by Sophieec98
Well first of all, that gorgeous person you are seeing in the mirror is truly who you are. You are gorgeous. I just genuinely think it's amazing that you see that and I'm jealous. But for family to say 'stop smiling, you don't have a pretty smile', that's ridiculous. And why do boys seem to enjoy bringing a girl's self esteem down. Is it just for the 'Banter' and for a laugh. Don't know where I'm going with this but yeah, continue not listening to these A holes and stay confident. :smile:

Thank you so much!! I guess that's all that counts at the end of the day, how you see your self :smile: Don't think looks matter once someone get's to know you!! :3
Not to my face no, God knows what people say about me behind my back. :laugh:
Nope.
No but I have had people comment negatively on my features before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thecatwithnohat
Not to my face no, God knows what people say about me behind my back. :laugh:

Maybe they saynice things behind your back:P
Oh I get it all the time. It varies from outright. You're hideous from people I barely know to simply "Oh I only give my number to handsome guys"

The problem is I don't feel like I am ugly (I got a pic on my profile) and I have a sense of style and get loads of compliments on my hair. My mum is apparently a mega MILF and my Dad was a massive player in his day. But yet I can't even get laid!

Now I just refer to myself as ugly in banterish conversations, releases the stigma when someone else calls you it. But yet girls will always be like "Oh no you're not, your fine................but I won't sleep with you"
Original post by Shellshocker93
Oh I get it all the time. It varies from outright. You're hideous from people I barely know to simply "Oh I only give my number to handsome guys"

The problem is I don't feel like I am ugly (I got a pic on my profile) and I have a sense of style and get loads of compliments on my hair. My mum is apparently a mega MILF and my Dad was a massive player in his day. But yet I can't even get laid!

Now I just refer to myself as ugly in banterish conversations, releases the stigma when someone else calls you it. But yet girls will always be like "Oh no you're not, your fine................but I won't sleep with you"

That's just how it is mate. For most women anyone average or below is considered 'ugly'.

I've been called ugly quite a few times, you just have to expect it from women.
a girl with a fat nose and an ugly face calls me ugly lmao.. funny how she hasnt looked at herself in the mirror
Original post by JSPalmer
That's just how it is mate. For most women anyone average or below is considered 'ugly'.

I've been called ugly quite a few times, you just have to expect it from women.

Perhaps the most annoying situation is where perhaps you want to sway them with a good personality and charm, but they don't give you that chance due to their shallowness. Literally got to be the definition of attractive. Yet they are far below the mark themselves.

Best one was this 35 year old single, unemployed Mum I was chatting to for ages on POF, has 2 kids, profile is full of how she is always let down and wants to find a proper man. Give her a solid 3 out of 10 for looks. 2 out of 10 for conversational value. I just wanted to get laid as she was fairly close. Chatting for a while and I suggest maybe coming over for a drink, she said she'd be down for it, but I'd need to be more handsome!

She should have been FAR from pickey!

On a brighter note one a night out, a saw a female friend of mine and popped over the road to say Hi, out of no where some skinny lad popped out and said "Mate, you have no chance, your f*cking disgusting", I asked him to confirm, for which he repeated it and pushed me.
I flattened him, practically a KO, picked him up and throw him in a bush. My friend then continued to tell me that was her boyfriend......woops.
Not the word 'ugly' exactly but some bitchy comment/other word to imply that I am. Never by a guy though, always by some bitchy girl. I remember this one girl saying, "yeah, but everyone looks prettier when they straighten their hair". LOL I didn't even know her and had never spoken to or looked at her.

I've never called a girl ugly (it just seems OTT) but I've teased my brother in the past and called him ugly when we were fighting. Pretty sad tbh.
Original post by Shellshocker93
Perhaps the most annoying situation is where perhaps you want to sway them with a good personality and charm, but they don't give you that chance due to their shallowness. Literally got to be the definition of attractive. Yet they are far below the mark themselves.

Best one was this 35 year old single, unemployed Mum I was chatting to for ages on POF, has 2 kids, profile is full of how she is always let down and wants to find a proper man. Give her a solid 3 out of 10 for looks. 2 out of 10 for conversational value. I just wanted to get laid as she was fairly close. Chatting for a while and I suggest maybe coming over for a drink, she said she'd be down for it, but I'd need to be more handsome!

She should have been FAR from pickey!

On a brighter note one a night out, a saw a female friend of mine and popped over the road to say Hi, out of no where some skinny lad popped out and said "Mate, you have no chance, your f*cking disgusting", I asked him to confirm, for which he repeated it and pushed me.
I flattened him, practically a KO, picked him up and throw him in a bush. My friend then continued to tell me that was her boyfriend......woops.

LOL sorry, I'm sorry to hear you've had some rough times, especially your situation with that 35 year old woman. She sounds awful! Good riddance.
But that last paragraph made me laugh so hard! :biggrin: x
nope.

Absolutely. My mum's always told me that my eyes are too far apart, my jaw's too weak, and my face is too soft to ever have strong cheekbones. The consensus among my social group is that I'm average looking at best. I'm not fishing or anything, just answering your inquiry :smile: please feel free to give me your thoughts

Quick Reply