The Student Room Group

Have you ever been called ugly?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
fatal
My flatmate calls me ugly quite a lot. Ahh looking forward to the next year with him...

wtf? you are not ugly. Your flatmate is a liar.
Reply 41
sil3nt_cha0s
I think the burning question is, how big? :awesome:

I'd post a picture up but appreciating it in all its glory would be very much dependent on how wide your monitor was. Plus, I imagine I'd get banned and, you know, I like it here. :frown:
Reply 42
Gibb~
Yes a few times.

It does affect everyones self-esteem and it does for me. Well judge for yourself on my profile pic. :frown:

Here's me thinking I would be looking at some sort of gremlin profile pic!

You are not ugly at all, really quite nice actually :yep:
Mostly by bitter exs :tongue:
No, only "fat", when I was at primary school. Because I was chubby.
Im not now though so I'm okay about it :]
Reply 45
emmie19
You're not dw

8/10 =)

:jumphug:
My own mother said I was an ugly child, and that's when she was trying to be nice.
I've had low self esteem for a long time. It went away for a while when I had my jaw broken to make my face look more normal but some days all the feelings are back again.

it's so stupid how awful being ugly can make you feel, because it shouldn't matter but it so does. People are instinctively nicer to pretty people. Then you feel like wanting to be pretty is such a vain thing to want and you feel worse about yourself.

and then some days i just wack out my witty, fantastic personality (doesn't every ugly person have one?) and feel better.
Yawn11
You had to be there I guess, poor thing, looking back the whole class laughed. But it had a few ugly people that were laughing aswell, so its all love :wink:

The ugly people laughing aswell makes it okay.
:lolwut:

I doubt this happenned.
Reply 48
cam28
wtf? you are not ugly. Your flatmate is a liar.

thanks :smile: he is quite insistant and for a while I let it get to me, but now I'm doing something about it I feel better about it all :yep:
Reply 49
Gibb~
:jumphug:

(hugs back) no problem =) I like dark hair =D
When we were about 14, my friends (and me, although I tried not to because I didn't want my name to be a part of it) would play this 'game' at school at lunch, where everyone would 'anonymously' rank the people playing in order of how pretty they were. And then the game got more intense, and it was like rank noses and eyes and stuff.

I came bottom a few times which sucked, but it was more because they were all into makeup and being grown up at that age and stuff and I wasn't really. At least not at school. At the time I was really upset by it. Now I don't really care because I know I'm not ugly. May not be a great beauty, but I'm attractive at least. Knocked my self esteem quite a bit though.

All girls schools... sigh.
Reply 51
Sakura-Chan
I have :cry: By some mental girl at my college. I was just like 'Errr yeah okay, gorgeous yourself though :wink:'' and walked off. Sarcasm always wins! Then went home and cried about it.

And probably a few times at the very beginning of high school when I really was a little munter.

If you cried about it, sarcasm didnt win.
Reply 52
fatal
thanks :smile: he is quite insistant and for a while I let it get to me, but now I'm doing something about it I feel better about it all :yep:

yeah the best way is to go back all new and be like what do you thin of me now. Its such a boost to see their face go like omg shes good looking.
Just ignore him, hes a idiot.
Yep. Loads.
Reply 54
Really? Thanks btw I seriously wasn't trolling maybe I just look better on phone cameras. :smile:
Reply 55
I've been called ugly a few times but only seriously one time as it was some bitch who meant it. The rest of the time it's all joke, my brother calls me ugly for a laugh usually.

Hardly anyone is ugly so I don't know why the word is used so much.
King4eva
If you cried about it, sarcasm didnt win.

It did at the time. It's not like she could see me at home, which is all that mattered then.
Banquo
I'd post a picture up but appreciating it in all its glory would be very much dependent on how wide your monitor was. Plus, I imagine I'd get banned and, you know, I like it here. :frown:

well I wasn't hoping for a picture (that's just sick), but how many inches? or were you lying? :wink:
Maximum Velocity
Hey you're not ugly , you're gorgeous !. Have a :hugs:

:smile: :hugs:
It actually hurts , I'd be walking home from school , and a group of girls would just be like eww he's ugly , without the intention of me hearing , but I do hear it , and it just makes me upset sometimes. I don't even have a lot of confidence to begin with :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending