The Student Room Group
Yes, but most unis won't accept you without you wanting to resit the first year.

You apply through UCAS and set your entry as second year. The first step is to call the admissions dept. and ask if they would consider you.
Reply 2
So I pretty much would just apply through UCAS again?
I'm just wondering wether you could get into a better uni via transfering.
Reply 3
ahh hello. I pretty much did the same thing, hated my uni, knew I could do better. So what I did, and advise is. You first of all make sure you want to (i know you're certain cause if you're depressed now what's the point in staying). Then you look at the places you want to go to, find the course etc and before applying to them ask them if they would accept you. Then you apply through UCAS again and on the 'choices' section it will say
University:
Course:
Point/level of Entry:

the same as last time, pickthe uni, and the course and this time, (you would have ignored the entry level first time) you put in '2' for second year etc.
What happened with mine is that they asked me to start my first year again (but this was because I had a poor attitude to A levels and degrees which all changed as soon as I realised how **** Leeds Trinity and All Saints was). If you have good A levels you can certainly get into a better uni, depending on where you are now. It also depends if you've studied similar modules in your course to what they had in their 1st year. If it's completely different they might ask you to start again, if it's similar you can go straight into second year. I recommend if you're truly achingly not happy with your course and uni, change, even if you have to start again. But it's your choice. If you need to know much more I'll help
Hi,

I'm currently in the process of applying for a transfer.:biggrin: I have on my placement year and then have two more years to go (5 yr course)

When I called up the university department I was first told I need to apply through ucas, this was before the 30 June thou. I decided to find out once and for all last Friday what the definite way to go about it was because the thought of going through clearing (post 30 June applications) was nerve wracking and I needed to know sooner rather than later if I had got in as I would need to inform my current university.

The head of my course of the university I wanted to transfer to basically asked me a few questions then told me to write a letter to the head of admissions (not one of the people I had spoke to on the phone) requesting transfer and including all my marks achieved so far and the placement work (reports, dissertation etc when completed).:woo:

So in summary call up the university but if you can go and see the head of the department/school or admissions person because every university is different and it is not always a case of apply through ucas.
Reply 5
bretj89
ahh hello. I pretty much did the same thing, hated my uni, knew I could do better. So what I did, and advise is. You first of all make sure you want to (i know you're certain cause if you're depressed now what's the point in staying). Then you look at the places you want to go to, find the course etc and before applying to them ask them if they would accept you. Then you apply through UCAS again and on the 'choices' section it will say
University:
Course:
Point/level of Entry:

the same as last time, pickthe uni, and the course and this time, (you would have ignored the entry level first time) you put in '2' for second year etc.
What happened with mine is that they asked me to start my first year again (but this was because I had a poor attitude to A levels and degrees which all changed as soon as I realised how **** Leeds Trinity and All Saints was). If you have good A levels you can certainly get into a better uni, depending on where you are now. It also depends if you've studied similar modules in your course to what they had in their 1st year. If it's completely different they might ask you to start again, if it's similar you can go straight into second year. I recommend if you're truly achingly not happy with your course and uni, change, even if you have to start again. But it's your choice. If you need to know much more I'll help

im applying for a transfer and i dont know if i should put my university under education and how to put my course as a qualification?

im doing a first year of a BSc and there isnt an option for it in qualification on the website.

help would be really appreciated
Reply 6
pouria91
im applying for a transfer and i dont know if i should put my university under education and how to put my course as a qualification?

im doing a first year of a BSc and there isnt an option for it in qualification on the website.

help would be really appreciated

Hmm no I think I remember what you're saying. If I can remember correctly what I did was lie on the form. I think there's an 'other' option and you type in what you got. I entered something like 'six credits towards an English BA' but that was complete ********. You can do that if you wish but I thought you might want to know the truth. Also I ended up starting from the first year again in the end, to me it was better, though I'm in more debt, but that's life. I wish I could have been more help but I truly suck

Latest

Trending

Trending