The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Fine, doing about 60 hour weeks at the moment, expect to be pushing 100 hours come another month or so. No time to sleep or eat, but on 6.50 then 9.50 overtime, not complaining.
not well.
Reply 3
Not very good at all.
Reply 4
It's not.

When you get rejected from job agencies, it's time to sink into a pit of deep depression...
Reply 5
i have a summer job, im doing 50 shifts this summer $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
and i also have a voluntary job because i want to do 100 hours for a certificate.
Jsa
Got an interview on Thursday next week but I think I've made a bad impression over the phone.
Reply 8
Not well. Not well at all. Even McDonalds turned me down :frown:
Reply 9
I apply and get spam come my way. :sad:
Reply 10
InvoluntarySlacker
Got an interview on Thursday next week but I think I've made a bad impression over the phone.

Why what you do, start vomiting down the phone or summet?
Its getting better. I'm officially employed by NEXT, but not a lot of shifts.
Well, ive got an interview on tuesday. Its a group activity thing, and im really looking forward to it :smile:
Really good! Only working Saturdays cleaning atm and delivering the yellow pages but I start my new job in the south of France in just under two weeks! :awesome:
Reply 14
UGH i worked at m&s Manchester last summer and had a well good. Unfortunately I had to leave cuz of going to uni, but they gave me a transfer to another m&s [remaining nameless] who were absolutely jerks! I told them my hours of uni and i agreed on a decent shift. When they sent me my hours it turned out to be 6-9am every morning for 5 days. I rang them and had a big dispute and basically they told me that was all they had available.

I was a bit of a fool here cuz i didn't turn up for my hours cuz i was annoyed at how i was treated and then eventually they told me to either resign or be sacked. So i resigned.

Now this summer, i rang m&s manchester and got offered a nice job to start next week. Then about 15 minutes later they rang me and told me that i was unemployable by the company because of what happened in the past and i was unable to work for the company ever again. i'm soooooo angry and upset :frown: I went from literally having a job to not even being allowed to work for them ever again :frown:
Terrible. Been rejected by Tescos, Morrisons, Debahamns and McDonalds. Still awaiting replies from Aldi, Pizza Hut, Next and Somerfield
Had an M&S interview, said I passed but they have other people to interview too and they'll let me know.. but haven't got back to me yet :frown:
**** it.

very tempted to become a hitman and pop off all the people that have rejected me...
Reply 18
yesioo
Not well. Not well at all. Even McDonalds turned me down :frown:

Haha, the exact same happened to me, dont know why its amusing, because when McDonalds reject you, it makes you consider clicking yes to "do you consider yourself to be disabled"
Nothing.

Latest

Trending

Trending