The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Maybe a sponsored silence? Get your mates and family to sponsor you perhaps? Me and my friend are in the same situation (gap year=£££) and are doing this, plus car washing, quiz night, baking and selling, and sponsored walk.... phew

good luck!
Reply 41
sell yourself for sex?
Reply 42
Prostitution.
Reply 43
Apply for a youth opportunities grant and ask for the full amount. Even if you don't get it all ,you are very likely to get some money.
Put on a disco for lower school. Charge entrance fees and buy a lot of crisps/sweets wholesale. Also glowsticks bought at 7p each then sold on for 50p make an enormous profit! For a final thing, get someone to take photos and sell them on a cd/ make keyrings.

Bag packs are very lucrative. Contact all your local supermarkets and get a friend on every till. You could make £1000/day, especially near xmas.

Put on a gig with local bands, get a free venue and sell tickets.

Other than that, just generic sponsored events. Maybe a fast/fun run.

Good luck, if you need any more help PM me :smile:
Reply 44
Blatently to go watch World Cup.
For £4k, you could pay some african builders to build like 2/3 schools and a pub. They would be far more productive than a 17/18 year old. It's just for your uni application blatantly.
Reply 46
manx1991
Had no clue where to put this lol :p:

Anyway, I've been very bored lately, and have come across The Bobby Moore Fund for Cancer Research UK Project South Africa this might sound made to a few of you, a. because I'm going to South Africa in the school year to basically rebuild a school and football pitch and b. not getting paid; but the £4000 I am raising is to support research into Bowel Cancer which my family has experience with so the cause is close to my heart.

Earlier this year I also applied to go with another charity to South Africa, well two in fact, but the first I got through to the interveiw stage before the goverment pulled it's funding and the price went up tenfold :eek3: and the second was with my school's charity and I couldn't afford the deposit by the deadline. :mad: so this may be my last chance in the foreseeable future. :frown:

So please, does anyone have any good, possibly tried and tested fundraising ideas other than waving a sponsership form in people's faces? I don't know nearly enough people who'd be willing to part with that much cash lol.

Thanks soo much :biggrin:

well since you are doing this for a goood cause i am sure you will be able to raise some money. I needed to raise 4400 pounds to do a project this year come septmber in the carriebean for 9 months without getting paid. what i did was to write to some charities to help me with my finances and fortunately some replied with huge amounts. so far i have raised 4200. also i would encourage yoou to talk to you school principal, i am sure he wil try to help you. at my college thy held a fundrising ceremony for me.

NB; if you want the list of charities i wrote to i wil be happy to give them to you
Reply 47
jerzydee
well since you are doing this for a goood cause i am sure you will be able to raise some money. I needed to raise 4400 pounds to do a project this year come septmber in the carriebean for 9 months without getting paid. what i did was to write to some charities to help me with my finances and fortunately some replied with huge amounts. so far i have raised 4200. also i would encourage yoou to talk to you school principal, i am sure he wil try to help you. at my college thy held a fundrising ceremony for me.

NB; if you want the list of charities i wrote to i wil be happy to give them to you

Aww, thanks that would be great :smile: It would help me loads
Reply 48
Keith_Dave
For £4k, you could pay some african builders to build like 2/3 schools and a pub. They would be far more productive than a 17/18 year old. It's just for your uni application blatantly.

Or the fact I've wanted to do this for ages and I obviously can't organise it myself. I do enough charity work already for uni thanks, so don't just assume, it's rude.
Reply 49
aROOba
Apply for a youth opportunities grant and ask for the full amount. Even if you don't get it all ,you are very likely to get some money.
Put on a disco for lower school. Charge entrance fees and buy a lot of crisps/sweets wholesale. Also glowsticks bought at 7p each then sold on for 50p make an enormous profit! For a final thing, get someone to take photos and sell them on a cd/ make keyrings.

Bag packs are very lucrative. Contact all your local supermarkets and get a friend on every till. You could make £1000/day, especially near xmas.

Put on a gig with local bands, get a free venue and sell tickets.

Other than that, just generic sponsored events. Maybe a fast/fun run.

Good luck, if you need any more help PM me :smile:

Sorry, whats this? I've never heard of it :s-smilie:
Reply 50
manx1991
Sorry, whats this? I've never heard of it :s-smilie:

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/everychildmatters/Youth/youthmatters/youthopportunity/youthfunds/

it's done through your local council as far as I know. I got quite a substantial grant this year for a similar thing.
Reply 51
Take out a loan.
Reply 52
aROOba
http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/everychildmatters/Youth/youthmatters/youthopportunity/youthfunds/

it's done through your local council as far as I know. I got quite a substantial grant this year for a similar thing.

I'm from the Isle of Man, so I'm not sure if that qualifies for me... and I have no clue who to get in touch with to find out :frown:
Reply 53
manx1991
I'm from the Isle of Man, so I'm not sure if that qualifies for me... and I have no clue who to get in touch with to find out :frown:

Go on your local council's website, there might be some information on there
jerzydee

Hi...could i also have the list please =)

im also doing a charity project with a group at sixth form abroad...we need to raise £2000 each, so any help at all would be appreciated =D
Reply 55
I second car wash, although that would only raise you a few hundred.

One thing a charity I'm involved with has just done is a word search, with words relating to the charity. The words aren't given to you so yu have to pick them out and write them in the box. It costs £1 to enter (you have to post your £1 and your wordsearch to the charity, or give it to wherever you got it from) and if you get the most words you win £10. I think its a good little game because you can hand it out to friends and stuff, I've got until 31st July to hand it in which means I can just keep working on it when I get bored.

Still, all these little things will take a lot to add up to £4000. If you have some savings to put into it to do a big event or something, maybe a fete? Speculate to accumulate.
Annaconda
hash brownies? if not how did she make so much money?

Nothing so exciting :p:
There's 2000 people in my hall, i guess she just worked hard. Lots of baking, lots of selling.
Reply 57
jerzydee

am doing a similar thing and the list of charities would be of great help to me if you do not mind sharing it with me.
Reply 58
Ill pay £100 for your liver
You could either get a job (if you havent already), ask local companies for help, oe do something like a sponsored walk/bungee jump/whatever to raise the case. Failing that you can just wash cars to raise the money.

Latest

Trending

Trending