The Student Room Group

Work experiance for Law

Hi,

Im going to apply to university for 2006 post-A levels.

Just a quick question i have a a place on the gap year scholarship programme at Price Waterhouse Coopers in the Assurance (Auditing) department. Now im going to apply for law at university so i was wondering whether it would be advisable to state what i am doing in my gap year. The problem arises in that it is in no way related to doing a law degree. Would stating it on my application give me a disadvantage in application or advantage - any ideas guys and gals??

Thanks a bunch :smile:

P.s. Please ignore the Username,i applied for Medicine this year and got some offers but decided i didnt want to do medicine so declined my offers - now im pretty sure i want to do law (possible Unis: Oxford, LSE, Kings, UEA, Warwick, Liverpool not sure though)
Reply 1
Medictobe
Hi,

Im going to apply to university for 2006 post-A levels.

Just a quick question i have a a place on the gap year scholarship programme at Price Waterhouse Coopers in the Assurance (Auditing) department. Now im going to apply for law at university so i was wondering whether it would be advisable to state what i am doing in my gap year. The problem arises in that it is in no way related to doing a law degree. Would stating it on my application give me a disadvantage in application or advantage - any ideas guys and gals??

Thanks a bunch :smile:

P.s. Please ignore the Username,i applied for Medicine this year and got some offers but decided i didnt want to do medicine so declined my offers - now im pretty sure i want to do law (possible Unis: Oxford, LSE, Kings, UEA, Warwick, Liverpool not sure though)

Sure tell them you are interested in tax law, and possibly insolvency. As such accounting and auditing will seem related and you can play it off as great experience.

Problem is - youll have to come across as interested in tax law if you have an interview... Im doing tax as we speak... I hate it :p:
Reply 2
Thanks alot - helpful :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending