Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Final Fantasy Society II

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Though id just pop my head in and say although i loved FF10, i didn't enjoy x-2 and im not making the same mistake with this release!!!
    Plus i found the 'new' main character incredibly annoying in the last game.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    XIII-2 Crystal edition has been dispatched I've been a bit jealous about people receiving theirs already but hopefully it gets here tomorrow. My collectors guide has been dispatched too so that'll go nicely with my XIII collectors guide
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    QFT.

What's the point in playing a game, where you're not actually playing the game?
    There's a strange sense of achievement in figuring out a way to automate levelling up in a game that wasn't meant to work that way. I don't go overboard, but last time I played FFX I levelled up quite a lot so I could beat Penance. To get a type of sphere you need (luck sphere's I think) you have to beat Earth Eater in the monster arena. It's quite a hard enemy, but once you reach certain stats you can beat it quite easily using a repeating pattern. But even then it took quite a long time just to beat it once, and you had to do it many, many times to get your stats high enough. So I automated it by resting a stack of 10p coins on the controller

(Original post by Lerone)
    Though id just pop my head in and say although i loved FF10, i didn't enjoy x-2 and im not making the same mistake with this release!!!
    Plus i found the 'new' main character incredibly annoying in the last game.
    I don't think it's fair to compare it to FFX-2 without playing it first. Their reason for making it was completely different. I think FFX-2 was made to plug the gap between the release of FFX and the release of FFXII (since FFXI was an MMO, it's kind of a different market). It wasn't really intended to be as "good" as FFX, just a way of keeping the fans interested and keeping a bit more money coming in.

But FFXIII-2 is kind of like an apology for FFXIII. It's intended to address FFXIII's flaws. They made it because many people weren't happy with FFXIII.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)

I don't think it's fair to compare it to FFX-2 without playing it first. Their reason for making it was completely different. I think FFX-2 was made to plug the gap between the release of FFX and the release of FFXII (since FFXI was an MMO, it's kind of a different market). It wasn't really intended to be as "good" as FFX, just a way of keeping the fans interested and keeping a bit more money coming in.

But FFXIII-2 is kind of like an apology for FFXIII. It's intended to address FFXIII's flaws. They made it because many people weren't happy with FFXIII.
    Tbh i wasn't impressed with it, i dont know whether its me just getting old but the storylines and characters seem to get more OTT and cheesy
    I will probably get Versus as it looks more 'mature'.
    Il just slink back to the Witcher in the meantime
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tbh i wasn't impressed with it, i dont know whether its me just getting old but the storylines and characters seem to get more OTT and cheesy
    You mean VII and VIII weren't cheesy?!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    You mean VII and VIII weren't cheesy?!
    They didn't have voice acting, so people didn't notice how cheesy they were
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    They didn't have voice acting, so people didn't notice how cheesy they were
    Hehehe.

Voice acting annoys me. I just read the subtitles and skip the speech for the most part.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If Versus ever ends up coming out that is... I honestly hope it does but we'll have to wait and see I guess.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menrva)
    Or Final Fantasy XIII for that matter.

Auto Battle....Auto Battle....Auto Battle....oh look, I'm really doing something...pffft
    To be fair, that was only the case in the early game... you couldn't auto your way through the final stages and definitely not through the missions on Pulse. The XIII battle system was all about the paradigm shifts, though, not the individual menu choices in battle. In that sense, it was one of the most tactical FFs to date, IMO. Getting them set right before battle was important, knowing when to switch was important, and in the toughest battles getting the exact timing of the switch right was vital.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    To be fair, that was only the case in the early game... you couldn't auto your way through the final stages and definitely not through the missions on Pulse. The XIII battle system was all about the paradigm shifts, though, not the individual menu choices in battle. In that sense, it was one of the most tactical FFs to date, IMO. Getting them set right before battle was important, knowing when to switch was important, and in the toughest battles getting the exact timing of the switch right was vital.
    For the most part, I auto'd through all my battles, stopping only on the odd occasion for healing and paradigm shifts.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't recieved my copy of FFXIII-2 yet but my friend did get me the piggyback guide for my birthday so I'm just sitting here, going through it looking wistful.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    For the most part, I auto'd through all my battles, stopping only on the odd occasion for healing and paradigm shifts.
    Through the storyline you can, pretty much... but when you're fighting Adamantoises (though, to be fair, the switch pattern becomes second nature to the extent that it might as well be automated...) or definitely when you're 5-starring the missions, you definitely can't do it without the right shifts at the right time. There are one or two missions where the paradigm setup, and the switch timing, has to be pretty much perfect to score 5 stars.

Anyway, my point was, whilst there might not be a huge amount of tactics in selecting individual commands, there are tactics in setting up paradigms out of battle, and in knowing how and when to use them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually quite enjoying my little pokemen it turns out... I called one Barry. Haw haw. ...Barry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love Zack Fair. Crisis core is amazing, I've played it countless amount of times...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    I'm actually quite enjoying my little pokemen it turns out... I called one Barry. Haw haw. ...Barry.

Barry!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

Barry :yy:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Joker.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else looking forward to final fantasy X HD?

Can't wait for it, FFX was amazing. Haven't bought a new game in 2 years, no appealing titles imo, FFX HD and GTA V are on my list for sure.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66310346671011)
    Is anyone else looking forward to final fantasy X HD?

Can't wait for it, FFX was amazing. Haven't bought a new game in 2 years, no appealing titles imo, FFX HD and GTA V are on my list for sure.
    Can't say that I am. Whilst a great game, I don't really need a HD update of it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I'm not opposed to the idea of FFX HD, but we don't really need it, do we? I'm not even sure why they're doing it at all Can anyone tell me?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2014
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.