Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Final Fantasy Society II

Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for round two of the Game of the Year Award! 28-11-2014
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald Lies)
    Just thought I'd revive the thread since it has gotten eerily quiet in here.

So which Weapon did people find hardest to beat, Ruby or Emerald?

Personally I find Ruby harder.

Thoughts?
    Hmmm, I thought they were about the same, really, given that I tend to prepare thoroughly before fighting either.

But if I had to say - probably Emerald.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ruby since two of your members are eliminated
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of Emarald's attacks could be made to do no dmg by holding less materia.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Li'l friend of mine just gotme the FFIX OST. I'm back to being 8 again

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    One of my fave pieces of music and set pieces in the game (where Zidane loses his faith in Pandemoniun.

And I just really enjoy this...

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want the Final Fantasy X HD on vita so badly, but i am not gonna pay for a vita just to play 1 game. so many memories of number 10.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy XIII-2 DLC came out today, and from what I read it's going to be the last DLC. There's a Snow episode and a Lightning episode. The Snow episode seems to just be a Coliseum fight but I downloaded the Lightning episode. It's mainly cutscenes with a couple of pretty long and difficult fights in between. I actually thought those fights were more difficult than anything else in the game. It was fun too.

Still doesn't provide much closure to the story overall, but definitely gives some insight into what we saw in the ending and the fates of Lightning and Serah. Definitely worth the £3 it costs to download to anyone that's beaten the story. Plus you get another version of Lightning to use in your party if you manage to 5-star the battle. Haven't used her myself but I've heard she's a pretty great Commando.

Edit: Spoilers about the DLC ending.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    At the end of the credits there's another short cutscene with Lightning talking. She mentions the "time she awakens once again" and it shows her walking in what looks like the Dying World in 700 AF. Make of that what you will.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    So is the Snow one just Coliseum battles? Or is there a story involved?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I don't know for sure, I just know that it takes place in the Coliseum.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    There's story involved, and at the end you get him as a character.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    There's story involved, and at the end you get him as a character.
    Well I bought it anyway. Got all the episodes. I didn't bother with the Sazh one before because it didn't sound worth it. But I thought I'm buying the other two, might as well have a complete set. I don't really care about the costumes and coliseum battles though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got confused, over lightnings dlc, she's alive,while everyone else's dead?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Japs)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got confused, over lightnings dlc, she's alive,while everyone else's dead?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Who says everyone else is dead? The DLC is showing what's going in with Lightning during some of the events in the game, and how she ended up in crystal on Etro's throne. Remember that Valhalla is located outside of the regular flow of time. The event that occur there aren't necessarily parallel with what happens during the rest of the game.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how to beat Snow in his DLC? I think he has a monster amount of HP and he has a move that kills me instantly. I can't even see any red on his HP bar by the time he does it.

And by the way, it seems it is just a Coliseum battle. It's in the "Episodes" section of the DLC menu, but it's just a fight against him plus an advert for the other coliseum battles. Unless something interesting happens after you beat him.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Anyone know how to beat Snow in his DLC? I think he has a monster amount of HP and he has a move that kills me instantly. I can't even see any red on his HP bar by the time he does it.
    You need to debuff him. ALOT. If hes debuffed he wont use his ultimate attack thing. There is an extra battle in the colosseum after you beat him aswell btw.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hogso)
    You need to debuff him. ALOT. If hes debuffed he wont use his ultimate attack thing. There is an extra battle in the colosseum after you beat him aswell btw.
    Yeah I managed to do it. I think you need to provoke him to stop him doing his sovereign fist attack. But I think you also need to alternate who provokes him.

Still not really an "episode". It's just two coliseum battles. But then again the Sazh one wasn't much of an episode either. It was just a couple of card games. I'll do the Lightning one tomorrow.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Yeah I managed to do it. I think you need to provoke him to stop him doing his sovereign fist attack. But I think you also need to alternate who provokes him.

Still not really an "episode". It's just two coliseum battles. But then again the Sazh one wasn't much of an episode either. It was just a couple of card games. I'll do the Lightning one tomorrow.
    His power increases if he focuses on one target, then when his power gets to 500% (I think) he will use Sovereign Fist and instakill your party. Provoking is one method of doing it, another is to just let the party member that he attacks die, he'll switch targets, then you revive and carry on.

Spoiler:
    Show
    The only story related thing that happens is that Yeul appears next to the Coliseum enemies in the end cutscene.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Who says everyone else is dead? The DLC is showing what's going in with Lightning during some of the events in the game, and how she ended up in crystal on Etro's throne. Remember that Valhalla is located outside of the regular flow of time. The event that occur there aren't necessarily parallel with what happens during the rest of the game.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    it showed the scene Serah's soul trap with Yeul, and Lightning can't wake up till the end of time. In theory she woke up where everyone is gone,in the mortal world,where Valhalla was transfered to,after the chaos broke free .When Etro died ,Chaos swallows up cocoon and Gran pulse. I am just mad, if this was the ending again,where nothing is answered. Whatever happen to the rest before swallow up by chaos,what happen to Lightning when she woke up
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    About the Lightning DLC:

Spoiler:
    Show
    How do you actually complete it? I managed to beat Caius and there was no cut scene or anything. It just took me back to the menu to let me do the fight again. Do you have to reach a certain level or something to finish it?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    About the Lightning DLC:

Spoiler:
    Show
    How do you actually complete it? I managed to beat Caius and there was no cut scene or anything. It just took me back to the menu to let me do the fight again. Do you have to reach a certain level or something to finish it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You have to get 5 stars in the fight against Caius, then you'll fight Chaos Bahamut. If you beat Chaos Bahamut you get the ending cutscenes and Lightning's second monster crystal.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2014
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.