Announcements Posted on
Cast your vote for the Game of the Year awards! 20-11-2014
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cost effective way to relive FF7
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Or just play it if you still have a copy

Although I bought digital copies of all the PS1 games even though I also have them on disc.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I just completed the FFXIII-2 DLC:

Spoiler:
    Show
    So the world is still screwed? I wonder if they will make a sequel, or just leave it as it is. I don't think it actually needs a sequel, not all endings have to be good ones.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so who has playing FF5 & 6, are they good? I have them on PS1, but I was thinking about getting them on the PSN, and I just wanted to know what people thought about them, as I've never played them before.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald Lies)
    Okay, so who has playing FF5 & 6, are they good? I have them on PS1, but I was thinking about getting them on the PSN, and I just wanted to know what people thought about them, as I've never played them before.
    Well, a great many people feel that FFVI is the best in the series. FFV is good, nothing special, really, but still good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald Lies)
    I don't know how to convince you, but FFVI and FFIX are my two favourite FF games. FFVI is often cited as being the best of the series so it's worth checking out. FFV has good gameplay but that's about it - you might enjoy it as well though.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, now I have myself a job I thought I'd treat myself!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I saw FFVI for the first time recently on a charity speedrunning marathon - looked pretty cool (though of course every boss fight was just a single joker doom) and it's probably the FF I'd most like to have a go at, as I've already played VII, VIII and X.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone! Been a while haha .

Well, the good news is that I passed my final exams, so it's onwards to graduation now! The point is, though, I will soon have the free time to play FFXIII-2. :p:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Hello everyone! Been a while haha .

Well, the good news is that I passed my final exams, so it's onwards to graduation now! The point is, though, I will soon have the free time to play FFXIII-2. :p:
    It's not bad. I enjoyed it.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I think it's a great improvement over FFXIII. It's far less linear, and there's much more to do. Overall I actually spent less time on it than FFXIII (and did everything), but I think that's because there isn't so much need to grind for hours and hours to beat the hardest bosses.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Excellent! Then I look forward to playing it :teeth:.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just started FFXIII-2 myself. Interesting first few hours so far.
    And I forgot how sexy the graphics were cos its been so long haha.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Falcon91)
    Just started FFXIII-2 myself. Interesting first few hours so far.
    And I forgot how sexy the graphics were cos its been so long haha.
    Encourage me to get back to playing it I stopped after like 10 hours :/ It is a really pretty game
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by restoration)
    Encourage me to get back to playing it I stopped after like 10 hours :/ It is a really pretty game

Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!

I thoroughly enjoyed that game! I hope they do FFXIII-3 because I just wasn't satisfied with the way it ended. I need more!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think FFXIII-2 is really good too. It's a shame there's a lot of people who won't bother playing it because they didn't like FFXIII, even though FFXIII-2 improves on a lot of the things people didn't like about FFXIII.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above poster, it does improve on where FFXIII was bad (namely the unashamedly linear characteristics) and they did well to keep the old battle system and refine it ever so slightly (i.e. making paradigm shifts quicker) to keep the battles as fluid as ever.

What has absolutely infuriated me however was the lack of direction and continuity in the telling of the story. I really thought the ending was quality, however the way in which the game dictated the series of events leading up to it and the whole paradox situation throughout literally made no sense. I tried to follow it as best I could by reading up on all of the fragment bios and all of the background through the start screen, but it doesn't clear a lot up.

Story aside, the visual display and game depth are brilliant, I've just currently finished my exams, I'm about 60 hours in and I only have 120/160 fragments, and I'm currently really excited for the rest of the game.
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    Randomly came across this :lol:

This is something someone made up as a t-shirt design.

Another one on her site looks considerably cooler:

And in all honesty: want!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm very tempted to re-play ff10 and then ff10-2 as they are by far my favourite games.....but i have ff8 and ff9 unplayed which i really should play but cant seem to find the time

would anyone recommend playing them before i re-play 10 and 10-2 again? or just play them afterwards?
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    That's pretty cool.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2014
New on TSR

Single, dating or in a relationship?

Chat about your life and loves in our Relationships forum!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.