Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Final Fantasy Society II

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Final Fantasy XIII-3 will be announced next month.

http://kotaku.com/5930751/the-upcomi...led-next-month

I wonder if it will be more of the same (similar battle system to XIII and XIII-2) or something quite different. I suspect it will be more of the same.

I'll almost definitely buy it, and I'll probably like it, but I would prefer it if they just made a completely new FF instead.
    The xiii-2 battle system was fun, but to be honest, i prefer more the xiii system but only with slight changes, not a partially new interface. I mean in what FF can you not cast haste? The ffxiii story was great. The ffxiii-2 story was horrendously done. Caius's motives were not realistic at all. And then SE cheated everyone with a horrible ending and a lack of an ending. all in all. xiii was better. i hope xiii-3 will be better. But if you ask me, they are letting this one drag on too long.

And for a change, i would like more than two playable characters, and to see the eidolons again.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    I'd say it's worth continuing. Is the problem just that you don't know where to find them? Just use a guide, you're not really missing much from the experience by using a spoiler free guide just to point you in the right direction.
    It's not so much that I have anything against using a guide.. just that I found it a bit pointless backtracking to find them, it broke the flow of the game a bit for me (i always play FF the same way - once through for storyline only, then another more thorough playthrough) and I got into another game and sort of forgot about it. Been so long now that I'd probably have to restart to go back to it, as i can barely remember much of what was going on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I might be in the minority, but I personally think Final Fantasy XIII is better than it's sequel. It's just considerably more polished in my opinion. Not that it really matters...they are both mediocre FF titles.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I might be in the minority, but I personally think Final Fantasy XIII is better than it's sequel. It's just considerably more polished in my opinion. Not that it really matters...they are both mediocre FF titles.
    Agree, I purchased XIII and played it through to the end and generally didn't like it that much, just was burning time and I played every previous installment and completed those. I dislike how the series has gone since X.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait for the X update. It needs to come soon as its been about a year since I've played it. Don't want to play it until the HD update but not sure I can hold out..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Once you guys get into the thick of the monster upgrade system you'll become totally engrossed in it. I got the SE on pre-order and I reckon it was worth the money. Academia with all the Cie'th is a bloody pain though...

I'll buy XIII-3, just because I have a fanboy crush on Lightning.

I'm hoping for an update on Versus at Square's anniversary event. Not holding my breath though. KH3 would be ballin' right about now. Nomura needs to hurry his backside up with the updates!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it wrong I want to dress my girlfriend like Chocolina? :ahee:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't find my FFVII discs
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aust1n)
    Is it wrong I want to dress my girlfriend like Chocolina? :ahee:
    Not at all. :ahee:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhumbauze)
    It's not so much that I have anything against using a guide.. just that I found it a bit pointless backtracking to find them, it broke the flow of the game a bit for me (i always play FF the same way - once through for storyline only, then another more thorough playthrough) and I got into another game and sort of forgot about it. Been so long now that I'd probably have to restart to go back to it, as i can barely remember much of what was going on.
    By the by, if you're going to post spoilers, you can always use the spoiler tags. [spoiler][/spoiler] Can save a lot of grief. :yep:

(Original post by AaronM1D1)
    I'll buy XIII-3, just because I have a fanboy crush on Lightning.
    Has that been announced? Last official word I'd heard was that the "to be continued" referred to downloadable content, not a full-blown sequel.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Has that been announced? Last official word I'd heard was that the "to be continued" referred to downloadable content, not a full-blown sequel.
    They've announced they're going to announce it

Apparently the latest game in the "Lightning Saga" will be unveiled in September. So they may not call it XIII-3 but that's essentially what it will be.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    They've announced they're going to announce it

Apparently the latest game in the "Lightning Saga" will be unveiled in September. So they may not call it XIII-3 but that's essentially what it will be.
    Saga = More than three games, right?

Don't tell me there'll be a XIII-4. Square have taken enough of my money recently having purchased VII/VIII and IX on PSN. I've strapped a saddle to the Midgar Zolom and I ride him around like a b*tch.

This 25th anniversary shindig better result in some Versus/KH3 news or there will be butthurt. My butthurt.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Saga= story, pure and simple.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This new FF is starting to annoy me a tad now. Having to have the monster party pack limits you to what you can have in terms of paradigms and you constantly need to level up loads of different monsters. Bah.

What seemed like a good idea just became a grinding nightmare.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can not wait for ff v 13
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Having just had a run through of Final Fantasy X and now dabbling in Tales of Symphonia again, I have realised how similar the stories are :facepalm2:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any news on versus 13? I want it so bad but at this rate its not even going to come out.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire HD A9191
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone plumbed for the new PC release of VII? I'm somewhatg put off by the MIDI soundtracks, but am curious to see how it looks in higher resoloutions.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Having just had a run through of Final Fantasy X and now dabbling in Tales of Symphonia again, I have realised how similar the stories are :facepalm2:
    Similar, aye, but still different enough. The whole two world thing is quite a common storyline, as far as I'm aware.

Tales of Symphonia is an amazing game, though. Absolutely adore it. Tales of is an amazing series in general. I think I actually prefer it, on a whole, to FF.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Similar, aye, but still different enough. The whole two world thing is quite a common storyline, as far as I'm aware.

Tales of Symphonia is an amazing game, though. Absolutely adore it. Tales of is an amazing series in general. I think I actually prefer it, on a whole, to FF.
    Yup I don't mind at all. It's just quite funny the whole first 'act' of Symphonia is almost identical to the first 3/4 of FFX in terms of characters, story development (temples and so on), twists, etc etc.

I think I prefer FF, just because I have played and gotten on with more of them than Tales. I've only played Symphonia, Phantasia and Symphonia 2. The latter of which I absolutely hated for some reaason. Don't have a 360, so haven't played Vesperia. Gonna pick Graces f up on the PS3 in a few weeks though.

On the FF front, I played VI, VII, VIII, IX and X to absolute death throughout my teenage years, and occasionally go back to VIII and X when I feel like it. So many nostalgic summers with my brothers when VIII and IX came out, and I remember getting a free X t shirt from whatever shop I bought it from when my parents got me the PS2 for my birthday

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 30, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.