The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Misogynist
Skills: Men - Everything.

Women - Taking care of children, cooking and cleaning.

This is such a ridiculous, outdated statement it's not worth arguing against. :cool:
Stop being so wilfully ignorant.
Misogynist
That'd only be true if now - when every career path is open to them - they were contributing to science and technology at an alarming rate, which they aren't.

The amount that women are contributing to science and technology is steadily rising though. Plus you have to remember that worldwide there isn't the same gender equality in access to education that we have here. Plus sciences are still seen as "male" subjects, and directly or indirectly many girls are discouraged from studying them.
Golly-Gosh
ask yourself this, If Women didn't exist, where would Men be now?:rolleyes:

Men would be shagging chimpanzees. :yes:

Planet of of the apes, here we come.
Reply 83
Would've all been wiped out within a 100 years. But damn, imagine all the lesbian sex they could fit into those 100 years :coma:
Misogynist
This. Actually, I've never heard of a female philosopher. That's interesting.

This is as a result of your ignorance.

Think Simone De Beauvoir, Mary Woolstencroft, Mary Warnock to name a few. And I'm only at GCSE level - talk to an philosophy undergraduate student. Your ignorance is repellent.
I was gonna say honry but we have stuff for that too.
So really the only thing we need you for is fixing the car and carrying stuff but we have trolleys and robots.
Reply 86
Abhead
The amount that women are contributing to science and technology is steadily rising though. Plus you have to remember that worldwide there isn't the same gender equality in access to education that we have here. Plus sciences are still seen as "male" subjects, and directly or indirectly many girls are discouraged from studying them.

No they aren't. What rubbish. Put science related degrees on your UCAS and let's see if anyone discourages you from applying.
Reply 87
Threads like this deserve to be trash compacted, strangled by The Rock and then buried in concrete.

Look at his name for god's sake.
Misogynist
No they aren't. What rubbish. Put science related degrees on your UCAS and let's see if anyone discourages you from applying.

You are just trying to wind everyone up, I'm not under any illusions that anyone is going to say anything to change your very small mind. Its true though, a lot of schools (although not mine) have quite a clear gender divide with regards to subject choices. You've ignored the rest of my post.
Reply 89
It's impossible to imagine but perhaps women would just carry on with their lives as normal, and there'd be a different set of descrimination.

The remnants of opression still exist within society today. To say that it doesn't is just silly.
Reply 90
Stupid thread, even if it were hypothetical. But if all men in the world suddenly dematerialised, humanity would collapse. Very fast. The same can be said for the opposite, it's just a question a question of who would last longer.:cool:
Reply 91
Caze
Threads like this deserve to be trash compacted, strangled by The Rock and then buried in concrete.

Look at his name for god's sake.

Don't insult a fellow Opeth fan, please.
Reply 92
Reaver
Stupid thread, even if it were hypothetical. But if all men in the world suddenly dematerialised, humanity would collapse. Very fast. The same can be said for the opposite, it's just a question a question of who would last longer.:cool:

Why exactly would the male population collapse?
Reply 93
Abhead
You are just trying to wind everyone up, I'm not under any illusions that anyone is going to say anything to change your very small mind. Its true though, a lot of schools (although not mine) have quite a clear gender divide with regards to subject choices. You've ignored the rest of my post.

I'm trying to wind anyone up. You just can't provide any sort of satisfactory answer for why women have such a poor track record when it comes to most things apart from 'they can't do it'. I know you're a feminist and all, but there are times when you should accept facts.
Misogynist
I'm trying to wind anyone up. You just can't provide any sort of satisfactory answer for why women have such a poor track record when it comes to most things apart from 'they can't do it'. I know you're a feminist and all, but there are times when you should accept facts.

:rolleyes:
Reply 95
The fact that gender roles exist show that conditioning still exists within people. I'm not entirely sure why you are arguing what people can do, and what people think they can do. There's a huge difference between the two and to ignore them and place it under one category is just silly.

If you don't believe in this stuff, why would you shy away from things like ballet? Any reason you give would just be an excuse for the real reason: It's a female dominanted skill.

Oh this is a troll topic?
K LULS
Reply 96
This title of this thread actually made me lol...
Reply 97
Tombola
The fact that gender roles exist show that conditioning still exists within people. I'm not entirely sure why you are arguing what people can do, and what people think they can do. There's a huge difference between the two and to ignore them and place it under one category is just silly.

If you don't believe in this stuff, why would you shy away from things like ballet? Any reason you give would just be an excuse for the real reason: It's a female dominanted skill.

Oh this is a troll topic?
K LULS

I wouldn't shy away from ballet. By the way, there are many, many males who do ballet.
Reply 98
Misogynist
Why exactly would the male population collapse?

Because we'd be preoccupied and pissed off with the fact that women has just vanished, the negatives of which I don't even need to go into (srsly)
Even though we have the resources (I'm assuming there'd be frozen embryos, etc.) to reproduce without women, we'd just create more females, thus defeating the whole concept of surviving without women.
Reply 99
Jacqui Smith would be the British PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Latest

Trending

Trending