The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6220
Original post by museobsessed
so worth it

Thats what everyone says, really excited about it now i've managed to get them :biggrin:
Original post by Quornslice
I'll boost your rating then - I am of the exact same opinion! And can't wait to see what The 2nd Law is gonna be like!

thanks. I agree, i'm also excited
I'm so pleased I got mine in the presale, I had an exam this morning so I wouldn't have been able to get hold of any.

Also, sorry to be such a noob, but my presale email said that the tickets were 'GA Standing'. Does this mean there's just one big standing area that everyone goes into, or are there allocated spaces? I'm going to the MEN btw.
Argh, I wish I lived closer to Birmingham/Manchester. The ticket sales for London were insane and haven't managed to get one :frown: oh well. I only know one person that actually managed to get standing and that was in the lottery. I'm a bit gutted, but at the end of the day I could do with saving the money!
So I guess I won't be going to see Muse in October. :frown:

I knew they were going to sell out quickly, but that was impossibly quick. All the decent tickets were gone within about 20 minutes whilst I was busy refreshing and having the ticketmaster site fail on me. Twice, I came so close to getting some decent tickets for the Birmingham gig but the seetickets site for whatever reason didn't work while I was trying to pay for them.

All in all I'm a thoroughly disappointed and frustrated Muse fan, but at least I've learnt one or two valuable lessons about ticket buying.

Any chance they'll announce more UK dates?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6225
Original post by RedDevilThing

I knew they were going to sell out quickly, but that was impossibly quick. All the decent tickets were gone within about 20 minutes whilst I was busy refreshing and having the ticketmaster site fail on me. Twice, I came so close to getting some decent tickets for the Birmingham gig but the seetickets site for whatever reason didn't work while I was trying to pay for them.

All in all I'm a thoroughly disappointed and frustrated Muse fan, but at least I've learnt one or two valuable lesson about ticket buying.

I guess a stadium tour next summer and probably V fest or Isle of Wight next summer.
Original post by RedDevilThing

All in all I'm a thoroughly disappointed and frustrated Muse fan, but at least I've learnt one or two valuable lessons about ticket buying.

Same the G&Ts site just gave the black screen saying its too busy and I'm in a queue (only gor out of the blasted queue when all the tickets had gone) actually came close to buying standing tickets three times, but when clicked 'pay now' it said the tickets had sold out by the time they tried to process payment. Went back and this happened again twice even with different dates.

Ticketmaster just wouldn't come up with any tickets available even when it was like 10.04am :frown: and seetickets had the same queuing problem for me.

I am however just going to buy from eBay when its about a month til the gig (but it any earlier and paypal won't cover you if the tickets never arrive, but if its within 40 days of sale they refund your money so will probably buy within a 3 weeks of gig happening). But am going to the Sat 02 gig no matter what it takes! But this way will be able to hear the album before buying ticket :tongue:

I think they'll definitely do a festival tour next year like previously mentioned, but then it's not going to be purely devoted to muse but rather an amalgamation of new album and popular old tracks.
Original post by jerseymackem
I'm so pleased I got mine in the presale, I had an exam this morning so I wouldn't have been able to get hold of any.

Also, sorry to be such a noob, but my presale email said that the tickets were 'GA Standing'. Does this mean there's just one big standing area that everyone goes into, or are there allocated spaces? I'm going to the MEN btw.

Yes general attendance standing. You can stand anywhere you want :smile:
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Yes general attendance standing. You can stand anywhere you want :smile:

Arrive at dawn to get to the front it is then :holmes:
Reply 6229

GA means General Admission and its just one big standing area, so get there early if you want to be near the front!

And it was pretty difficult in the sale this morning, at one point I thought I'd failed as there were no tickets showing up on ticketmaster and seetickets was just showing 'server busy', but thankfully got half decent level 4 tickets for the Friday night at the 02. Admittedly I shouldn't have been so picky with tickets at the start and I would have got better ones for the Saturday which was my preferred day but just relieved i got something, 3rd time seeing them and they've been completely unforgettable both times so far :smile:
Original post by Olie
GA means General Admission and its just one big standing area, so get there early if you want to be near the front!

And it was pretty difficult in the sale this morning, at one point I thought I'd failed as there were no tickets showing up on ticketmaster and seetickets was just showing 'server busy', but thankfully got half decent level 4 tickets for the Friday night at the 02. Admittedly I shouldn't have been so picky with tickets at the start and I would have got better ones for the Saturday which was my preferred day but just relieved i got something, 3rd time seeing them and they've been completely unforgettable both times so far :smile:

It should be fantastic, I can't wait! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Futurism
I guess a stadium tour next summer and probably V fest or Isle of Wight next summer.

I think they'll definitely do a festival tour next year like previously mentioned, but then it's not going to be purely devoted to muse but rather an amalgamation of new album and popular old tracks.

Damn. I was really hoping to see them at a smaller venue rather than big festivals and stadiums. :frown:

I stayed the night at wembley stadium once, and I wasn't even the first one there :biggrin: I got very little sleep but watching the sun come up was beautiful.
usually its less insane queues though

I'm sorry there are some people who didn't get tickets BUT theres always last minute ones on musebay on the day of the gig or a few days before from people dropping out last minute. Try there, and Musebay only sells at retail price, no profits on top

I'd say the night before... lots of people are already there at dawn

I'm sorry there are some people who didn't get tickets BUT theres always last minute ones on musebay on the day of the gig or a few days before from people dropping out last minute. Try there, and Musebay only sells at retail price, no profits on top

Problem with musebay is that there's no security, someone could easily say they'll send you the tickets and then never do. I'd much prefer to buy from a fellow muse fan (lol wrote fuse man) who isn't interested in profits, but very wary of sending money online :s-smilie: alternatively could meet up on day of gig but think ebay is still best option for me. Payment security and tickets in post a few days before gig. Saying that though did manage to get hold of some tickets through ebay quite cheaply... then met fellow ebay seller on muse forum.
Finally got some in general sale, after sitting refreshing for like an hour from the pre-sale. Didn't get them until like half 10, when it said they'd sold out, and then suddenly standing for London reappeared :biggrin: so happy!
Reply 6236
Original post by 22DubDub
Finally got some in general sale, after sitting refreshing for like an hour from the pre-sale. Didn't get them until like half 10, when it said they'd sold out, and then suddenly standing for London reappeared :biggrin: so happy!

Wow! Lucky! I was on the site at 9:50 and exactly on 10:00am I checked Manchester and they'd sold out of standing, and most sitting. Couldn't believe it.

I managed to get seating but not in the best of places. Ah well!
thanks. I agree, i'm also excited

I keep giggling childishly just because of the fact that i'm going to see them again :biggrin:
Problem with musebay is that there's no security, someone could easily say they'll send you the tickets and then never do. I'd much prefer to buy from a fellow muse fan (lol wrote fuse man) who isn't interested in profits, but very wary of sending money online :s-smilie: alternatively could meet up on day of gig but think ebay is still best option for me. Payment security and tickets in post a few days before gig. Saying that though did manage to get hold of some tickets through ebay quite cheaply... then met fellow ebay seller on muse forum.

but musebay is on the muse forum. not many non muse fans are on it and you have to be registered with the forum to post. also they only allow tickets sold at the original price and no more, its part of the rules. Often if they're last minute people say they'll turn up to the gig to swap money and tickets. sometimes its peoples spare so they're at the gig anyway, just need someone to come along and buy it. I managed to do this when I was outside a gig once (even if the police think you're a tout if you do it, mildly risky)
aww missed the general sale :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest