The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by platty1907
It is and it isn't :tongue: This exact thing happened with Radiohead too, £70 a ticket :frown:

It's because people are buying albums less and less so bands' are relying on concerts to make their money, so they've bumped up the prices to accommodate for this. Also Muse will have a ridiculous stage set up that will cost a lot to build and move etc.

It is expensive, but compared to others it's just the norm.

Radiohead was dead easy! I could have easily bought ten lots of tickets, such was the ease of getting through on Ticketmaster (which is usually awful when there's plenty of traffic).

I just think they're hiking prices up because they'll be seen as established and a safe bet for a fantastic evening. They'll charge what they think people will pay, and judging by how quickly they sold out they look to have gotten it spot on. There'll also be an element of declining album sales, but I don't think it'll be the predominant factor as they're bound to get to #1 in a large number of countries with with The Resistance.

I didn't get a ticket this time 'round. I finally got through at 10.15am or something and they only had some crappy seated seats. Given it would be my sixth(?) time seeing them I'm not really willing to settle for that. They've got a habit of releasing more tickets (as many bands do, once they know what the stage set-up will be like, exactly how many seats to allocate to press and sponsors etc.), so I'm going to wait until then. I got standing Muse tickets quite easily from a second release only a couple of years ago, IIRC.

Thing is though, I'm not even that bothered about seeing them. I'm still a smidge concerned about their new direction, so hopefully I'll get to hear a few tracks before being able to commit to buying a ticket or not.

Also, Muse have gone downhill live, IMO. They still showed flashes of brilliance in the The Resistance tours (playing an eight minute Stockholm outro in the US, obviously the OoS gigs last year, the odd rare thrown in towards the end of their run, Matt's brief phase of throwing his guitars at Dom, the drum and bass jams etc.), but otherwise their gigs no longer feel mental. They're very good at what they do, but I don't find them nearly as exciting as I used to. I was a bit bored during the second half of the OoS gig I attended, if I'm honest.

But anywhoooo...
Reply 6241
Hey Muse fans :smile: I'm new here.

So I bought a ticket to Muse concert in Glasgow. Does anyone accidentally need company for it? :biggrin:

None of the people I know are going to that show. :frown:
Does anyone have any clue who'll be supporting them? The Black Keys would be fantastic IMO, not sure if it would happen tho!

Also, is there usually one support act for the whole tour, or does it change from place to place?
Original post by jerseymackem
Does anyone have any clue who'll be supporting them? The Black Keys would be fantastic IMO, not sure if it would happen tho!

Also, is there usually one support act for the whole tour, or does it change from place to place?

Muse supports tend to be ****e on legs. The Black Keys are mint on legs. Therefore The Black Keys are unlikely to support Muse.

From the little I can remember over the last two album tours, they tend to pick new artists for the arena tours (e.g. The Big Pink, Noisettes). So if they follow the same trend then maybe they could pick someone like The Vaccines (more of a hopeful suggestion, and they're probably too big now). There are so many bands that could fill that slot, and I don't listen to enough ****e chartesque music to know who the next big thing could be :tongue:

Based on the fact that I remember Noisettes played very low down the Leeds Festival NME stage soon after I saw them support Muse in 2006, I'll plomp for Django Django as a support act. (They have a great album out, by the way!) I've also noticed that Dry The River also have a low NME spot this year, but I don't think their music would complement a Muse gig in the slightest.

Though we all know they'll obviously go really left field and book 65daysofstatic and Maybeshewill as a joint support. Go on Bellzor, you know you want to.

The Black Keys could be a fantastic shout for their next stadium tour, I'm definitely calling that one. They could hold a similar slot to Biffy Clyro on a festival lineup and the style would complement Muse very well IMO. The Gaslight Anthem or The Maccabees could be a good shout for a secondary support.

Wow I've thought about this way too hard. I have no idea why. I demand that others post their suggestions too!
Cher Lloyd, clearly.
lol, love the support expectations
Going to see Muse in Hamburg on 15th December - so excited :smile:
Thought I'd say that to join the thread!

The Black Keys are too big to support them on the arena tour. I suppose they could when the stadium tour comes around like Kasabian, Editors and Biffy Clyro did.

I can see someone like Pulled Apart by Horses or Blood Red Shoes or Twin Atlantic. Something that size.

They only had one support act in the UK last time - The Big Pink. Can't do any worse this time :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Original post by platty1907
The Black Keys are too big to support them on the arena tour. I suppose they could when the stadium tour comes around like Kasabian, Editors and Biffy Clyro did.

I can see someone like Pulled Apart by Horses or Blood Red Shoes or Twin Atlantic. Something that size.

They only had one support act in the UK last time - The Big Pink. Can't do any worse this time :tongue:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000

This person knows what they're on about, good shout :dice:

i think Twin Atlantic are the only band I've watched with a cuppa in hand. Great stuff.
There's rumours currently going round that Muse will be releasing a single from The 2nd Law this week.

Apparently the new song will be 'a huge rock story' and will be played at 7:30pm on Radio 1, this Wednesday. The single will be released the following day.

Sauce:

http://www.muselive.com/index.php?m=single&id=6719
I know it's far-fetched, but I'd love Muse to make a concept album, like Dark Side of the Moon or OK Computer, it would be interesting to hear
I heard about that new single thing too... let's hope it's good!

I know it's far-fetched, but I'd love Muse to make a concept album, like Dark Side of the Moon or OK Computer, it would be interesting to hear

Well, Absolution was a concept album really (people's responses to the apocalypse) so if you liked that then good - it's muse's concept album!
Rumour has been confirmed to be true by Radio 1. We're hearing the new single tomorrow night! :woo:
Oh man, this single better be good. I'm going to have to hear it a lot I'm guessing, the fact I'll be working in the Olympic arenas.. Bring on 7:30pm.
I'm honestly scared right now. Someone has posted a 20 second clip on Twitter and it sounds like Guiding Light part 2 :frown:
Original post by rich2606
I'm honestly scared right now. Someone has posted a 20 second clip on Twitter and it sounds like Guiding Light part 2 :frown:

Can you give me a link?
Can you give me a link?

http://www.twitvid.com/NCXKJ
Reply 6257
I don't really like the sound of it. Oh no =[
I take it back, a different 30 second preview (presumably from later on in the song) that sounds MUCH better http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18607319
(edited 11 years ago)
Hmm, it's very difficult to make a judgement on the rest of the album from a total of less than a minute of one song, if the first one's just the intro it's not bad, and the second one seems decent. As long as it's not dubstep! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest