Scroll to see replies

Oh dear the album release has been delayed until 1st October :frown:
I like the artwork too :smile:
Original post by Mulligan
Oh dear the album release has been delayed until 1st October :frown:
I like the artwork too :smile:

Dagnabbit! :angry:

http://muse.mu/news/article/792/1st-single-announced--new-album-release-date/

New single though! Even though we already knew about it, although the release is a little later than expected.
Reply 6322
The album cover has really grown on me, i don't know if it's the psychodelic colours or what but i much prefer it to the grey and the hexagons of the resistance.
Gonna leave this here (full song)
Original post by rich2606
Gonna leave this here (full song)

I think that may be one that I skip...
Original post by jerseymackem
I think that may be one that I skip...

Same. It's a shame though because the start and 2/3 through are ok and they've actually included some proper physics in the words, it's just got that crap at 1:30 and the end.
Well I love it :smile:
As much as I like muse, this is kind of embarrassing. They've always been amazing because of their music, not because of the lyrics/message - it genuinely seems like they think they've got something to say about politics/economy/science whatever by the video, and then there's an awful dubstep drop? Don't get me wrong dubstep can be done in a right way but they've just dived head first into Skrillex brostep and it's like the song has no flow to it. It sounds like demos of 3 different songs being put together.

That's just off a first listen though, maybe it'll grow on me. There's still (slightly) high hopes for the album though as this was meant to be the only dubstep track on there.

Edit: Although I really like the strings in the beginning though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6328
Tbh I like it a lot more than Survival and the 'dubstep' part was done on their instruments so no Skrillex computer generated w*nk and it was just an experiment to see if they could do it. At the end of the day, it's only one track of the album but for me it's already looking better than the resistance.
Resistance is my second favorite album (behind OoS of course :biggrin:).

Edit: Why has this been negged? It is my opinion and not a very controversial one either.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6330
Original post by Silkysam
Resistance is my second favorite album (behind OoS of course :biggrin:).

Absolution for me (Then OoS, BH&R and joint Showbiz and The Resistance) :smile:
Original post by Futurism
The album cover has really grown on me, i don't know if it's the psychodelic colours or what but i much prefer it to the grey and the hexagons of the resistance.

(Probably been brought up before) I like the idea behind it http://www.humanconnectomeproject.org/ like how they always try and do things a little differently.

However as said
Original post by RedDevilThing
I just don't think it suits the theme of the album very well. It would've made a good cover for the Madness single but even something like the particle collision pics they used to promote the album would've been better suited for the album cover IMO.
, would've been better if it fit with the album theme.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Futurism
Tbh I like it a lot more than Survival and the 'dubstep' part was done on their instruments so no Skrillex computer generated w*nk and it was just an experiment to see if they could do it. At the end of the day, it's only one track of the album but for me it's already looking better than the resistance.

Well I could release a concept album where I use a theremin instead of throwing random frequencies out of a computer and slap my bare arse cheeks for percussion, but it'll probably still sound like a load of crap. The argument that it's good and/or better because they're using real instruments does not and should not hold. (I hasten to add, I'm not having a go at you personally for saying this - a lot of people on the interwebs seem to be throwing this argument around!)

This 'song' is all over the friggin' place. I wouldn't even mind it quite so much had they not decided to flip back to the orchestra at 2:55 and then back to the brostep again at the end. It's as if they think we'll get bored of hearing any one genre after a minute-and-a-half!

Also, I know I'm being very picky here, as far as I can see the maths at the start is barely relevant to the two main themes of the song. I haven't checked it out forensically (that's my get-out clause for would-be respondents :tongue:), but all I can see is a load of very basic statistics and a few references to the theory of special relativity (including a less well-recognised version of E=mc^2). Throwing in the Black Scholes equation and resulting formulae for pricing derivatives, and/or some letters firmly associated with the second law of thermodynamics would have been a very nice touch, and would help me believe that they're genuinely trying to create a piece of concept music.

Survival is still giving me some hope, but equally I hope it doesn't turn out to be one of the better tracks on the album. I can imagine it sounding epic live, though. I hope they're GOING TO WIN!!!!!! their fans over tomorrow night.

MotP at the start of the opening ceremony, on the other hand, was epic. Tuneeee :muse:
Must admit I am not sure about getting the latest albums, all their previous albums have been awesome, but judging by the reviews this one doesn't seem so good.
Well the Closing Ceremony must've been pretty crap if even a Muse performance felt underwhelming.
Well the Closing Ceremony must've been pretty crap if even a Muse performance felt underwhelming.

I didn't think it was underwhelming, but you have to remember the music was pre-recorded. Sucks for Muse seeing as they're a live band more than anything.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Original post by platty1907
I didn't think it was underwhelming, but you have to remember the music was pre-recorded. Sucks for Muse seeing as they're a live band more than anything.

I certainly felt underwhelmed by it. I'm not sure whether any other bands were allowed to perform totally live (The Who sounded like they were but I may be wrong) but I'd hoped that a band who've been named 'Best Live Act' countless times might have been given special dispensation.

It seemed to me they were treated quite unceremoniously as well. IIRC they were the only act to 'perform' only one song on the stage at the end of the stadium. Considering they wrote the 'official' song of the 2012 Olympics (which the vast majority of people didn't know and will now never know); I'd thought they would've made a bit of a bigger deal about them.

Still, at least we have the tour to look forward to. I hope that they pro-shoot some of the gigs (and forget about those stupid 360 cameras) so those who didn't get tickets can still experience them to some extent.

/rant of a disappointed Muse fan
Reply 6337
Madness

^Video removed

Opinions?

Here's mine:

Spoiler

Reply 6339
^Video removed

Opinions?

Here's mine:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Am I the only one a little skeptical about the new album?

Quick Reply

Latest