Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you use memory sticks?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    How do you use a memory stick??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Plug it into a USB port. If you have XP it will set up automatically. Then it will show in My Computer as another drive.

You can save stuff to it like you would normally, or just drag-and-drop files to it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just like a floppy disk, but a lot faster and bigger.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stara)
    Pretty much the same way as a floppy disk.

All you do is insert the memory stick into a USB port on your PC, if your on XP it should detect it automatically, then just click on My Computer and it will be shown there as another drive.

All you have to do is just drag & drop files you want into that drive. Exactly the same way as you use a floppy disk.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    one thing though - a lot of major electronic/computer companies which make them try to sell them for ridiculous prices. go for the cheapest one possible (obviously in the size you want rather than the smallest capacity as well), because they're all the same.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stara)
    Are you referring to memory sticks as in the sony ones? If so, it doesn't fit into USB but needs a specific sony memory stick port on the computer. Strangely enough, I have one on my Samsung laptop! (I thought they were exclusively used by Sony but obviously not)
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    Are you referring to memory sticks as in the sony ones? If so, it doesn't fit into USB but needs a specific sony memory stick port on the computer. Strangely enough, I have one on my Samsung laptop! (I thought they were exclusively used by Sony but obviously not)
    I think sony use firewire instead of USB.

You may need to install some drivers in order to use your memory stick (, atleast I did).
Updated: May 23, 2005
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.