The Student Room Group

I'm not dumb at math but I CAN'T do Quantitative Reasoning UKCAT, please please help

First of all, i have the 600 question book. Are all the real UKCAT questions that detailed?

I spend like 10 minutes on a scenario, you're supposedto spend 3.5.

I just cannot get the questions right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I revised all my GCSE stuff but I still get it wrong. It's like I over think some questions. I'm really struggling.

:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
24 views and no help.
Reply 2
There is no cure for stupidity.
.........................................er okay
Reply 4
I reckon I guessed just under half of that section, and got 760 on it. Don't worry too much.
Reply 5
Fawn
There is no cure for stupidity.

That's not a very nice thing to say. I am not stupid.
Reply 6
Reicey_x
That's not a very nice thing to say. I am not stupid.

Yet you expectthe medical prophets on this board to bless you with the answers to the questions? It's a test of your abilities - quite simply, if you can't do it then obviously you're not cut out for it.
Reply 7
Fawn
Yet you expectthe medical prophets on this board to bless you with the answers to the questions? It's a test of your abilities - quite simply, if you can't do it then obviously you're not cut out for it.

I'm not asking for the answers. Can't you read?
Reply 8
Practice I suppose. Although if you are struggling time wise then you can always rule out the obviously incorrect answers and go fifty fifty on the remaining answers.
Reply 9
Degausser
I reckon I guessed just under half of that section, and got 760 on it. Don't worry too much.

How many of the real questions are really detailed? Did you find them all hard?
Ok, Fawn and everyone else who is judging the OPs ability, this test is an aptitude test that we have no idea how its marked. Everyone struggles. Anyone who says they dont are lying.

The test is deliberately made very hard and with a time limit thats far too short so that even the very able applicants dont get full marks making comparison fair.

If you cant say anything helpful or just want to be a self righteous jerk, you're not wanted here.
Reicey_x
How many of the real questions are really detailed? Did you find them all hard?

All of them are very detailed, but some are easier than others. I found the best way to work was to eliminate the obvious wrong answers first, then if i was running out of time make an educated guess.

I think the problem with this section is not the maths involved, just that they overly convolute the question with uneccessary values. Really try to look at what you need so you dont get tied down.
Reply 12
Degausser
Ok, Fawn and everyone else who is judging the OPs ability, this test is an aptitude test that we have no idea how its marked. Everyone struggles. Anyone who says they dont are lying.

Exactly, this whole thread is pointless.
Fawn
Exactly, this whole thread is pointless.

How? It's pointless asking for advice now? Its an aptitude test, that doesn't mean there's nothing you can do to prepare.
Reply 14
i got over 700 in that section of the test after guessing about 60% of the questions....

the time limit is ridiculous, no-one can answer it well. just do it and get the results
Reply 15
Degausser
How? It's pointless asking for advice now? Its an aptitude test, that doesn't mean there's nothing you can do to prepare.

I'm assuming in a field as competitive as medicine, if you can't manage to try and focus yourself and try your best at an apititude test, then surely you're not going to go very far.
Fawn
I'm assuming in a field as competitive as medicine, if you can't manage to try and focus yourself and try your best at an apititude test, then surely you're not going to go very far.

There's your mistake.
Reply 17
Degausser
There's your mistake.

That would be hilarious if I had claimed to be some form of grammar goddess, but fortunately, I hold no claim and as such you look like a twerp who's had to resort to spelling errors to gain some kind of feeble victory. :smile:
Fawn
That would be hilarious if I had claimed to be some form of grammar goddess, but fortunately, I hold no claim and as such you look like a twerp who's had to resort to spelling errors to gain some kind of feeble victory. :smile:

Its your mistake because you assumed wrong. Im not picking at your grammar. :rolleyes:
Reply 19
Degausser
Its your mistake because you assumed wrong. Im not picking at your grammar. :rolleyes:

lmao!

Latest

Trending

Trending