The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Feminists should be shot. They're all about equal rights, but then they complain if a man hits them or something. SUCK IT UP.
Reply 21
PeterMcPete
Lets hear three cheers for generalisation!

oops :awesome:
Reply 22
TheyDontBotherMeTbh
Feminists should be shot. They're all about equal rights, but then they complain if a man hits them or something. SUCK IT UP.

Tbf, if a man hit me I'd either complain or hit them back depending on the situation :p: (and I'm a guy)
Reply 23
Of course it isn't about feminism. There has been a general degeneration in manners and social etiquette, particularly in the lower social classes, since the Second World War. Are you going to blame that on feminism too?
I won't let some ridiculous ideology change the way i act. Confident men don't give a flying **** about feminism.
aKarma
Tbf, if a man hit me I'd either complain or hit them back depending on the situation :p: (and I'm a guy)

So when a man hits a woman, she should fight back, but wait a minute, men can't hit women so she reports him to the police instead. Yeah, that's equal rights...
TheyDontBotherMeTbh

A man shouldn't hit anyone of small stature, unless of course the other person initiates it. I won't hit a guy smaller than me, nor will i hit a girl smaller than me unless they physically touch/attack me. If its a guy or girl bigger than me, or near enough the same size as me - I won't have a problem knocking the **** out of them if they deserve it, female or not.
About time too! I would much rather stand on an equal footing with men. I'm perfectly capable of opening a door for myself thankyou very much *sniffs*
Reply 28
TheyDontBotherMeTbh
So when a man hits a woman, she should fight back, but wait a minute, men can't hit women so she reports him to the police instead. Yeah, that's equal rights...

If a man hits a man, the man who was hit should also report the man to the people. You can't just go around hitting people.
aKarma
If a man hits a man, the man who was hit should also report the man to the people. You can't just go around hitting people.

Yeah, but if a woman hit a man, and he went and reported it, they wouldn't take it seriously at all.
Reply 30
TheyDontBotherMeTbh
Yeah, but if a woman hit a man, and he went and reported it, they wouldn't take it seriously at all.

Assault is a pretty serious crime. If you make a formal accusation the police have a responsibility to take it seriously, irrespective of the genders involved.

Besides we were talking about a man hitting a woman and by extension a man hitting a man.
There is no reason to assume a woman hitting a man would be the same. That should really be the same as for a woman hitting a woman
In reality I don't think the law discriminates either way but the average damage a male would do is more damage than an average woman. Afaik the law doesn't acknowledge this though
Someone Negged Me
Girls please get a grip, if a man offers you his seat or opens a door for you hes not implying your weak its just basic manners, that people should have been brought up to have. Women are naturally weaker than men, its basic genetics, this has been the way since cavemen times. If a girl shouted at me for giving her my seat I would just ignore her and think she was just being totally rude and antisocial.
Reply 33
Holding doors open for people is just polite. I hold them open for people and I would hope for the same back. Letting someone go through first should be more about what is the most convenient or polite. For example if the person was elderly or carrying something of course I would let them go first regardless of gender. The same if they were aproaching in such a way that it would be awkward for me to go first.

The giving up the seats on public transport in my opinion should be the following. The seat should be given up if:

The person standing is: elderly, clearly pregnant, carrying something heavy, or looking ill.

If the person sitting: is getting off at the next stop or genuinely wishes to give up the seat.

If someone offers to give up the seat and you don't want it people should either say "no thank you I'm fine standing" or take the seat anyway.
Reply 34
Any girl who is feminist can fly right by as far as I'm concerned.

Seriously; I'd put feminism in the same bracket as racism and fascism.
Reply 35
imomo16
When have you actually seen that happen?
I hold doors for people regardless of their gender, it's called being polite, and has nothing to do with 'chivalry' or being a gentleman.

My Dad works for Kent Police and a female co-worker made a complaint that he held the door open for her.

Due process meant that they had to convene a disciplinary meeting where a female Inspector ripped this woman to pieces for wasting everyones time. She was also made to write a letter of apology to my Dad for unnecessarily bringing his character into question.

I was brought up well in my opinion, and holding doors etc is nothing more than common courtesy.
Reply 36
No, you can still be a gentleman these days.
However, most women think they 'deserve' men to be nice to them.

Problem is people's manners tbh
Personally I think casual sex ruined chivalry. A man no longer has to impress a woman in the same way to sleep with her. There is no 'courting' involved.
Reply 38
Magnanimity
Personally I think casual sex ruined chivalry. A man no longer has to impress a woman in the same way to sleep with her. There is no 'courting' involved.

To be fair its up to the woman how far a man has to go to win her heart/impress her. Before the man would need to get her permission from her mother and father because courting was also seen as the pretext for potential marriage. It was rather romantic and traditional in that sense. Whether or not women nowdays can equate that effort to the effort of being asked out for a drink later tonight then that's up to her but frankly some women are more sophisticated than that. :yes:
Reply 39
PeterMcPete
Well whats wrong with that, if the feminist wants equal rights then the man should be able to treat her as he would treat other men, which might be by being rude.

If a guy wants to go around punching/ being rude to both genders just because he "should be able to", I feel kinda sorry for him.

Latest

Trending

Trending