The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes mine makes a good...cushion
Lozza
i wear glasses but i dont need them that much.

my bf has a virus atm, i hope i havent caught it, but i really dont do being ill (for some reason i dont get bad illnesses). right now, i feel quite dizzy and sick, my head is all over the place. i better ask him what's wrong with him.

do you think i could have anaemia? *mental note to go to doc's tomorrow*

I do love the diagnoses that some people come up with here. "just anaemia" an anaemia to the point of constant tiredness and headaches is not theat small a thing...
Anyways, the 1st line treatment is scarily simple. drink plenty of water, dont have booze for a few days, sleep with ur window open, and try going to bed a bit earlier than normal. when u wake up, get up straight away rather than laying in bed a while.
O and try sleeping alone once in a while :wink:
Cut OUT the proplus, and only have a little aspirin/paracetemol when the headache comes on.

if u still feel like poo after 3 days, then consider doctors. but i would bet money if u follow that advice then the headaches will clear up and u'll feel much more alert.

HTH
Jam
twiga
Awww lets fall asleep :sleep:

I went to sleep in the pub on Friday afternoon :eek:

I fell alseep during a ward round last monday :frown: .
Reply 23
lessthanthree

-And don't mess with pro-plus, it'll screw your sleep wake cycle up even more!

She's at Cambridge, it's mandatory there.

Either you've caught your bf's virus or you're just generally a bit run down so I guess best suggestions are:

1) Drink plenty of water
2) Have lots of vitamin C
3) Get early nights but don't lie in (sleeping more than 8 hours can sometimes give you a headache)
4) Maybe do some exercise- if you're sitting about revising you may feel exhausted afterwards but it doesn't mean your body will let you sleep, maybe try exhausting yourself a bit more physically as well.

Either that or it's just Easter-term-itis or something.
Reply 24
Have you overworked yourself? 2 of my friends have overworked themselves, and they got in a really bad way. One of my friends would come into school in the morning, and would have to go home after 15 minutes of the first lesson because they were so exhausted. They complained of things like dizziness, headaches, constantly tired, and both of them had normal blood tests (they got tested for glandular fever).

Have you got any other symptoms like losing weight?
Reply 25
The boyfriend hasn't stayed over for a week :p: and I've given up alcohol during my exams.

I had anaemia to the point of headaches and tiredness during my GCSEs. It could be exhaustion though. Not through working too much I don't think, I still have SO MUCH to do.

Maybe I'll get some kids sleeping stuff (ya know the sticky syrupy stuff that tastes like strawberries :smile:)
Reply 26
Awww, I hope you feel better soon. Definitely go to the doctors. :smile:
Reply 27
Oh I love u people, so sweet and inncoent, if ur tired just go to sleep :mad:
Reply 28
Vj - I have been sleeping for the recommended amount of hours, and although I'd dearly love to snooze in the sun all day, I have important exams and need to revise. I'd also like to be healthy and normal.
Reply 29
foolfarian
I do love the diagnoses that some people come up with here. "just anaemia" an anaemia to the point of constant tiredness and headaches is not theat small a thing...
Anyways, the 1st line treatment is scarily simple. drink plenty of water, dont have booze for a few days, sleep with ur window open, and try going to bed a bit earlier than normal. when u wake up, get up straight away rather than laying in bed a while.
O and try sleeping alone once in a while :wink:
Cut OUT the proplus, and only have a little aspirin/paracetemol when the headache comes on.

if u still feel like poo after 3 days, then consider doctors. but i would bet money if u follow that advice then the headaches will clear up and u'll feel much more alert.

HTH
Jam

Unfortunately the school my not look at it that way. If the science depratment can't be bothered to help a pupil with ME then what will they do for someone with anaemia?
Reply 30
Has the girl with ME got doctor's notes? Surely they can't ignore them!
twiga
Unfortunately the school my not look at it that way. If the science depratment can't be bothered to help a pupil with ME then what will they do for someone with anaemia?

tell them to start eating properly. 90% plus of young people with anaemia can only blame themselves.
Reply 32
foolfarian
tell them to start eating properly. 90% plus of young people with anaemia can only blame themselves.

not necessarily true for girls maybe? *shrugs* i don't eat properly so it's def my fault
Lozza
not necessarily true for girls maybe? *shrugs* i don't eat properly so it's def my fault

But its a fixed variable isn't it? Obviously if you have a few really heavy periods then its gonna deplete you somewhat, but women KNOW they need more iron and folic acid than men, and should make allowances with food/diet or supplements if needs be. As me old granny says 'a stitch in time saves nine'.

Latest

Trending

Trending