The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well at least they're organised! Anway mine are as follows:

AH French - 18th May
AH Maths - 21st May
AH Chemistry - 2nd June

The large gap between Maths and Chemistry is somewhat annoying, I'd prefer a gap of 4-5 days to get them over with quicker, but I suppose I can't really complain.
:shock:

AH English - 12 May
AH French - 18 May
H Modern - 25 May
Int 2 Media :rolleyes: - 26 May
H Geography - 31 May

Meh, not bad. Probably won't turn up for Media. Just under three weeks, like this year. :biggrin:
Reply 22
that was quick :woo:

loving the gaps :biggrin:
Reply 23
Yup :awesome:
Yaaay my only exam is on the 27th :smile:

Only taking three subjects this year, 2 of which don't have an end of year written exam.
Reply 25
Ugh, all my exams are over (near enough) a month

:erm:
EmmaDilemma
This is weird.. we've taken quite a lot of the same subjects this year again.

AH English - 12 May
AH French - 18 May
H Modern - 25 May

Great! We can help each other through it haha. :biggrin: I'm the only person in my school taking AH French this year. :cool: Are you crashing H Modern? I am ...
Reply 27
I was crashing it and we were doing stuff on FPTP voting system thingy, it seemed quite easy. We were given a huge poster full of info to study for it, I'll scan it and put it up if anyone's interested.
Reply 28
21st, 27th and 2nd. H Maths, AH Biology, H Chemistry.

No exam for AH Art :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
LuhLah
I was crashing it and we were doing stuff on FPTP voting system thingy, it seemed quite easy. We were given a huge poster full of info to study for it, I'll scan it and put it up if anyone's interested.

Bless you. :biggrin:
EmmaDilemma
Yeah I'm crashing Modern... I sit in the class and I'm like :s-smilie: cos I have no idea about half the things they're talking about or what some stuff means from S.Grade.

Have you done an essay yet for mod?

We had to write two essays discussing Gordon Brown's unsuitability as Prime Minister. I was the only one who did them, and she forgot, so it was completely pointless and I spent ages on them to impress her. :frown: Gutted. Have you?
ArcadiaHouse
We had to write two essays discussing Gordon Brown's unsuitability as Prime Minister. I was the only one who did them, and she forgot, so it was completely pointless and I spent ages on them to impress her. :frown: Gutted. Have you?

Poor Gordon. No one seems to like him much these days.

Out of interest, (not that I done or am doing Modern Studies, though I sort of wish I had, that almost sounds like a fun essay to write!)what did you say?
Reply 32
namedeprived

I like him!
C274
I like him!

That's a brave statement these days :p:
Reply 34
Meteorshower
That's a brave statement these days :p:

Haha, yeah, it is. S'true though.
namedeprived

Out of interest, (not that I done or am doing Modern Studies, though I sort of wish I had, that almost sounds like a fun essay to write!)what did you say?

Well, the class was split into for and against GB, and I had to write the essays against him lol.

I used the fact that Labour's supporters were beginning to turn against him and that MPs were resigning in the wake of the expenses scandal, suggesting that he was not fit to be Prime Minister because it was happening under his leadership. I have the essays here ...: "While he was not personally responsible for the expenses scandal, as Prime Minister Gordon Brown was in a position to make considerable changes to the system. Failure to do so has resulted in mass resignations of MPs following revelations of their extortionate expenses claims, on the eve of two important elections. This has cost Brown seats in the European Elections, votes, the financial support of generous donors to Labour in the midst of a deep recession, the faith of Labour MPs, the trust of the general public and possibly his role as Prime Minister." :cool:
Reply 36
upload the stuff to the sister site
Reply 37
It's basically just a huge poster on how general elections work, and lots of bits on FTFP, quite good for the crashers (me).

We're doing two units at the same time. I'm actually amazed at how easy it is & the DME looks like a godsend. Anyone started PR electoral systems yet?
Reply 38
I never used my notes for Modern Studies. I lost most of them throughout the year. Two days before the exam I bought a (very expensive!) revision book and used that. I just proper revised for about 12 hours straight... I was then going to sell this book on ebay since I had only used it once and hadn't highlighted parts like I tend to do but I accidently spilt my glass of milk all over it. The pages went all wrinkly and stuck together.

Bah :facepalm:
Reply 39
**** my life.
I have 2 Advanced Highers on the same day.

Latest

Trending

Trending