The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

oooo i like that linkin park song, it really wrks with the hip hop.not surprising really, but hey :smile:
im glad you're applying for uni park, im sure its gonna be great there wooooop, ive got a place in willoughby hall :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
finnstar
loL - starsfallsilent! hehe..
its been ages since ive had marshmellows.. GIMME! :P

listen listen, i bring news from far away! in seeking clarification, i emailed two offices, the malaysian campus and the undergrad accomodation office..
ive got one reply - from the malaysia campus.. (im frm malaysia =) )

well this is part of the email

"If you really need an En-suite accommodation, you could try applying for
those in University Park. It will be further away from Sutton Bonington
though. But there are hopper buses that goes roudn the campuses at
designated time and place. I know that a lot of students stay somewhere
nearby University Park and travel by the hopper bus to the Sutton Bonington
campus for classes. The hopper bus service is free for students.

Ensuite accommodations are quite limited, so it may be hard to get that,
anyway! "

so its settled, im applying for uni park and real soon in case it runs out. omg, its goin to be final! food science @ nottingham!! all i need now is to get a BBC..(not the radio/tv network)

*walks off with linkin park - numb encore.mp3*
*tank you tank you.. can i get an encore...* :P

I'm sure they've told you wrong but I'll ask my brother as he know's the accommodation inside out.
Reply 22
OK, definative answer from my bro. Bad news, i'm afraid (well sort of)

Sutton Bonington students can ONLY apply for accommodation at Sutton Bonington unless their course is split between campus, in which case they apply for anything as long as they can prove the lectures are split.

There are no plans to cancel the hopper bus.
Reply 23
finnstar
loL - starsfallsilent! hehe..
its been ages since ive had marshmellows.. GIMME! :P

listen listen, i bring news from far away! in seeking clarification, i emailed two offices, the malaysian campus and the undergrad accomodation office..
ive got one reply - from the malaysia campus.. (im frm malaysia =) )

well this is part of the email

"If you really need an En-suite accommodation, you could try applying for
those in University Park. It will be further away from Sutton Bonington
though. But there are hopper buses that goes roudn the campuses at
designated time and place. I know that a lot of students stay somewhere
nearby University Park and travel by the hopper bus to the Sutton Bonington
campus for classes. The hopper bus service is free for students.

Ensuite accommodations are quite limited, so it may be hard to get that,
anyway! "

so its settled, im applying for uni park and real soon in case it runs out. omg, its goin to be final! food science @ nottingham!! all i need now is to get a BBC..(not the radio/tv network)

*walks off with linkin park - numb encore.mp3*
*tank you tank you.. can i get an encore...* :P

Ooooh you can't steal marshmellows - you can BE one though! :marchmell

Wanna join Marshmellow Land? We've got a few King's and Queens and we've got several jellybeans in the bucket! :biggrin: And I really would love to hold Sofa Lounge for all Marshmellows :biggrin: we'll see how it goes!

I like a few Linkin Park songs too :smile: I wish my offer was BBC :redface: that way I can get C in Chemistry :redface:
Reply 24
redkingrising - thanks! appreciate it..

hehe im gonna see if i can sweet talk em somehow or sthn n try n slip myself a comfy UP room, lol thats gnna be interesting.. might even offer them marmellows? but aLl that simply has to wait until after this friday! ive got chem p4 in 36 hours time! muahaha i love chem.. but im *halfway* prepared.. :P

how can you even think of a C in chemistry!! chemistry is the muahah best subject in the whole wide world, doesnt matter where youre from, chem rocks! loL its my only expected A :smile: sigh, what good is my expected ABC when they want a BBC?

:smile:

oh hey, you guys tht live on campus, i implore your feedback -- does bittorrent work on campus!!?? hheheehehe.. im a guilty downloader :smile: and pretty proud of it!
im not sure if it works...some of my friends at loughborough have managed to get away with downloading stuff, but im not sure how strict they are at nottingham :smile:

if you give them marshmellows they will fall at your feet, and worship the ground you walk on hehe (well, okay, thats just meeee hehe)
Reply 26
omg! no bittorrent!? i'd dieee!! hehe!
ok then, fine! im gonna download all i can now and bring it wif me on an external hard disk.. muahaha star trek fans anyone?!?

what is up wif this marshmellow craze i hear everywhere.. its jellybeans or marshmellow, but never chocolate.. the world's gone loopy chocolate is the true candylord!
oh dear, another chocaholic, well, heres the deal: come and join marshmellow land and you will become king of all things chocolate, and not only will you monitor how much chocolate goes in and out the marshmellow kingdom, but you will also be able to create as much, or as little, as you want. so there you go. join the craze. i know what you mean about the downloading....im getting all my musico now, so i can transfer it to my laptop before notts :smile: woooop.
marshmellows are THE best :wink:
Reply 28
finnstar

oh hey, you guys tht live on campus, i implore your feedback -- does bittorrent work on campus!!?? hheheehehe.. im a guilty downloader :smile: and pretty proud of it!

I've never managed to get it to work. However, if you download ares, there should be a notts chatroom on that during term time, so you can get the latest episodes of stuff from there. It's WAY quicker than bit torrent too :smile:
ooo yeah i know people who use ares :smile:
Reply 30
wow frances, thats pretty cooL..! p2p at its best.. i used to serve eps on mIRC.. but then exams came around.. ive got this evil instinct to share tv eps (illegally) its more exciting this way.. and freee loL.. bet the RIAA& MPAA are lookin for ppl like me..
wonder if uni notingham caters for those in prison.. hehe food science in prison.. now there's a thot..

the best album ive ever heard
switchfoot - the beautiful letdown

all agreed.. loL this is about to become a music forum..
finnstar
wow frances, thats pretty cooL..! p2p at its best.. i used to serve eps on mIRC.. but then exams came around.. ive got this evil instinct to share tv eps (illegally) its more exciting this way.. and freee loL.. bet the RIAA& MPAA are lookin for ppl like me..
wonder if uni notingham caters for those in prison.. hehe food science in prison.. now there's a thot..

the best album ive ever heard
switchfoot - the beautiful letdown

all agreed.. loL this is about to become a music forum..

now hmmmmmm....im not sure about that one...although, to be fair, i have only heard a few songs from it. and, also, again to be fair, im not a huge switchfoot fan, although id love to see them in concert yup yupo.

the best album ive heard? that is a very difficult question as i love so many albums hehe i dont think i have a favourite. :smile:
Reply 32
finnstar
redkingrising - thanks! appreciate it..

hehe im gonna see if i can sweet talk em somehow or sthn n try n slip myself a comfy UP room, lol thats gnna be interesting.. might even offer them marmellows? but aLl that simply has to wait until after this friday! ive got chem p4 in 36 hours time! muahaha i love chem.. but im *halfway* prepared.. :P

how can you even think of a C in chemistry!! chemistry is the muahah best subject in the whole wide world, doesnt matter where youre from, chem rocks! loL its my only expected A :smile: sigh, what good is my expected ABC when they want a BBC?

Well the good of you getting ABC is that you WILL get in :smile: and there's the satisfaction of getting A in Chem too - from the sound of what you're saying, you'll be downright disappointed with anything less in Chem anyway :wink:

Unfortunately Chem is my worst subject out of the ones I've taken :redface: but I manage - I don't struggle with Chem, it's just facts fail to stick in my head and I find half the course extremely boring. I only really enjoy the molecular Chemistry and Biochemistry/Organic Chemistry :biggrin: But then again hey, I've never worked to my full potential all my life I'm so damn lazy! Considering I did a week's worth of work at AS and got a mark off a B, two days on an A2 coursework worth 30% and got a mark off a B, and a C on the dot for one A2 Chem paper without any revision - I'd say I did quite well to get the grades I'm getting :biggrin:

Although if I'm getting C's and near B's without work, I wonder if I'm actually capable of an A? :redface: Dare I dream? *sigh*

And by the by, my best subject - has always been my best subject since nursery and til now it's still my best and favourite subject - and that's Art :smile: I expect nothing less than an A :wink: and would kick myself forever if I did get less than an A :frown: I wanna top my A2 year in Art - although considering how slack I went I'm not sure I would. But then I did for two consecutive years so that's good enough I suppose :biggrin: I'm the same as you with Chem, but with me it's Art - I don't get how people can get C's in it :confused:

So finnstar what's your name? :smile:
Reply 33
youve got a point there.. i have the same thing goin with physics.. i hate the subject! i can never concentrate at all in class.. but the teacher's really great, nice to chat wif.. the only way i make myself pay attention is to answer questions he keeps throwing at the class, i get them wrong (most of the time) loL with some really record breakign stupid answers.. but hey it keeps me awake enough to learn a bit of physix..

come to think of it.. i wouldnt go so far to say that anyone is really 'dumb' its just that were ignorant over certain facts that cost us marks. as much as i hate physics, n dont study for it, i churn out B's with a few days of study.. so were not at all 'dumb' in any subject.. it just takes a bit of open mindedness.. eg. i would love art too, if i had some skill in it.. and if i dont have skill in it, its because i never did enough art when my fingertips were developing.. but chemistry hehe ooo the colors fascinate..

my name's Rajiv, though i wish it were something more gargoyle.. like Goliath loL
Reply 34
finnstar
youve got a point there.. i have the same thing goin with physics.. i hate the subject! i can never concentrate at all in class.. but the teacher's really great, nice to chat wif.. the only way i make myself pay attention is to answer questions he keeps throwing at the class, i get them wrong (most of the time) loL with some really record breakign stupid answers.. but hey it keeps me awake enough to learn a bit of physix..

come to think of it.. i wouldnt go so far to say that anyone is really 'dumb' its just that were ignorant over certain facts that cost us marks. as much as i hate physics, n dont study for it, i churn out B's with a few days of study.. so were not at all 'dumb' in any subject.. it just takes a bit of open mindedness.. eg. i would love art too, if i had some skill in it.. and if i dont have skill in it, its because i never did enough art when my fingertips were developing.. but chemistry hehe ooo the colors fascinate..

my name's Rajiv, though i wish it were something more gargoyle.. like Goliath loL

The only thing I find ironic is the fact that I'm good at science but I'm crap at Maths :rolleyes: If you hated Physics so much, why didn't you drop it? Better still - why did you take it in the first place?

You're obviously good at Physics - or at least, you're intelligent enough to comprehend the stuff lol! - the reason why you're not getting A's, in that case, is probably cus you hate the subject! :wink: I've noticed liking the sub really does affect things. Like my Bio modules - AAC, module grades - C in Physiology and Transport - I loathed that module cus I hate plant science and ecology, and I'm not keen on physiology cus it never tells you why things happen, but just that it does.

I think we all have one subject we're worst at :p: Not fair, my friend doesn't seem to have one though... :redface: lol - I suppose she's not the best at singing but that would be about it! Hehe even more ironic than my being crap at Maths and good at Science, my ex loves Physics but hates Maths :biggrin:

Don't worry I'm sure you can never ask worse questions than I've asked :biggrin: I asked the teacher at A2, sir, how do you use a vomometer?

I also asked him, again at A2, sir, how are eggs fertilised?

The best one has to be this one - I'm SURE I've posted this on Notts subforum before, but here it is again: friends asked, "Iris you know what gullible means?" I had a very crap vocab in yr9 and said no. They say, "It means people who are obsessed with gulls. So, are you gullible?"

I pondered it a moment before saying, "No, I don't think so... I don't like gulls."

And as for Chemistry being fascinating... lol I'm not entirely sure! - let's just say science has a way of just "being" with me - as in I don't find it too interesting, but it's not boring either. Interestingly dull, is the term I use :biggrin: both at the same time! Although I was reading about synapses and the nervous system last night, revising for Bio - I ended up asking so many questions as I read through! - very good sign - I kept telling myself, I'll be learning it at uni :smile: It was always gonna be Neuroscience - I dunno why I applied to 5 different courses and only one Neuroscience - at Nottingham. It was always gonna be Nottingham!

I remember at yr7 we can research into one organ of our choice. Even at that age I was gonna do the brain :smile: but I wasn't sure if it was an organ :biggrin: so I did the eye instead in the end lol!

Although I really do hate Physical Chemistry :frown: Find it soooooo boring! - and I'm crap at it too.
Reply 35
haha i took physics cuz my dad told me to. he wouldve been really upset if i dint, so i guess i caved in. ah well, it was useful, once i got the hang of it..
hahaha loL - guillible!!! haha chem's only fun if you look at it wif an diff perspective..

good for you! already decided on a uni and happy wif it.. i was toying around with the idea of Reading but now Nottingham seems so much better.. (compare the forum views for nottingham vs reading) loL..

I just got mail from nottingham uni malaysian campus, its the brochures i requested! all about sutton bonington. i have a problem though, the ug acc. office replied too, they sed that i will 'have to' stay at sutton bonington.. im not one to spoil myself with, but i have certain degree's of privacy.. having never shared a bathroom before with anyone cept my family.. i feel its gonna be weird.. the whole communal bathroom concept seems uncomfortable to me somehow.. any of you felt the same way?

what's the bathrooms there likee!!?? and (this is a long shot) if you have a digicam and stay in sutton bonington, dya mind taking a few pics n posting online?

hehe tht wld be waypastsupercool!
Reply 36
finnstar
haha i took physics cuz my dad told me to. he wouldve been really upset if i dint, so i guess i caved in. ah well, it was useful, once i got the hang of it..
hahaha loL - guillible!!! haha chem's only fun if you look at it wif an diff perspective..

good for you! already decided on a uni and happy wif it.. i was toying around with the idea of Reading but now Nottingham seems so much better.. (compare the forum views for nottingham vs reading) loL..

I just got mail from nottingham uni malaysian campus, its the brochures i requested! all about sutton bonington. i have a problem though, the ug acc. office replied too, they sed that i will 'have to' stay at sutton bonington.. im not one to spoil myself with, but i have certain degree's of privacy.. having never shared a bathroom before with anyone cept my family.. i feel its gonna be weird.. the whole communal bathroom concept seems uncomfortable to me somehow.. any of you felt the same way?

what's the bathrooms there likee!!?? and (this is a long shot) if you have a digicam and stay in sutton bonington, dya mind taking a few pics n posting online?

hehe tht wld be waypastsupercool!

This site is good for all pictures - that is of the university :smile:

http://www.student360.com/main/index.asp?header=01&uniid=182

And you don’t want a gargoyle e name! I have one and me don’t really like it, although I suspect there is a slight possibility that I am the only one with that name…

No idea about bathrooms. Although I have been allocated a single study and I have never shared a bathroom :redface: But I am hoping for the best..
Reply 37
euarne.. youre staying on sutton bonington too!?
who else is?
Reply 38
finnstar
euarne.. youre staying on sutton bonington too!?
who else is?

Nopes...I am Rai... :biggrin: (if you hadnt realised)

I am going to be at UP, Hugh Stewart to be specific.
Reply 39
i wanna stay at UP!!! hahah havent begun negotiating with the uni to let me do just tht.. but hehe soon..

Rai's a punjabi name!! loL youre punjabi?

Latest

Trending

Trending