The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

xxxchrisxxx
i thought people who committed suicide wanted to go as painlessly as possible, because its a way of dealing with emotional pain anyway? weird.

Im sure it was pretty painless.
Deadmau5
http://imgur.com/gGmkm.jpg

okay so that's the cab centre where it happened...i'm assuming the still coned off bit is where he actually did it. That whole entrance was blocked off yesterday but I thought nothing of it. haha

The time on your camera is wrong by about 30 minutes :smile:

It's a pretty novel method of committing suicide. Maybe it was done to bring further attention to the situation the person was in.
sleekchic
ouch :sad:

I suppose an interesting question would be how much it hurt and if it does warrant an "ouch". Surely, if he's that desperate to die, he would drive at a fast speed, and logic says that the faster he drives the quicker his head is detached.

So maybe it wasn't an "ouch" after all, and if it was, it would only be for a couple of seconds.

Still, it's sad that people are driven to these lengths.
To be fair, if you're going to commit suicide, you might as well do something you're only going to get to do once. Taking an overdose and passing out is just like a standard end to most nights out, beheading yourself at work is another thing altogether.
What a ghastly thing to do.

Why would anyone do that to their family? Fair enough, if you want to take your life, but why do it in such a public and grotesque manner?
Reply 25
Dirac Delta Function
Im sure it was pretty painless.

I'd have thought it would be highly unlikely that having your head ripped off is "pretty painless".
Reply 26
That's actually quite clever. Much more interesting than taking pills, and you're guaranteed to die!
Reply 27
wow this is awful. really feel sorry for him. :frown:
Reply 28
Farewell.

Very imaginative though.
Reply 29
Greghouse
Well if you're gonna go ... Do it so that you make the news!

Wonder what drove him to it ...

Pun intended?

Poor guy. What a way to go, though.
35mm_
What you're assuming is that when people are in such a distorted mental state to desire suicide they are in a completely rational state. Which is quite wrong, really. Many people who commit suicide aren't seeking the "least painful" option (i.e. overdose), they just want to die, regardless of the method and pain. Indeed, some might seek pain (i.e. hanging, self harm).

So, er, duh to you.

fair enough. but i dont think its a coincidence most suicide are done fairly quickly (eg bullet in head, leap off buildings etc), if not painlessly.
I guess he really wanted to get the job done - pills, jumping off something etc don't always "finish" them off so to speak. It's such a shame these people don't get any help; it might just save their life.
Reply 32
Lol @ people arguing on the Internet.

And I agree with inksplodge, some therapy or CBT might've brought him out an all-time low.
Reply 33
Boom Pow
Why put so much effort into a suicide?

Because it's the last thing you do.
Deadmau5
http://imgur.com/gGmkm.jpg

okay so that's the cab centre where it happened...i'm assuming the still coned off bit is where he actually did it. That whole entrance was blocked off yesterday but I thought nothing of it. haha

Looks to me like the cones are to do with the skip, maybe there's a building site and the cones are to ensure a clear path to the skip? Either way that's hazard tape, not police tape.
Rape Me
Epic. Almost as good as the guy who drowned in chocolate.
Wasn't he actually mangled by the mixer? So it was more a tasty mashing/boiling than actually drowning. Still, nasty way to go.
Dozzer_Cufc
To be fair, if you're going to commit suicide, you might as well do something you're only going to get to do once. Taking an overdose and passing out is just like a standard end to most nights out, beheading yourself at work is another thing altogether.

Nice.
Reply 37
BJack
I'd have thought it would be highly unlikely that having your head ripped off is "pretty painless".

It would have been instant. Think about it, at most it would only last 1 or 2 seconds. It's not like he slowly kept driving and driving for about 5 minutes whilst his head slowly being ripped apart.
Reply 38
FatFridge
It would have been instant. Think about it, at most it would only last 1 or 2 seconds. It's not like he slowly kept driving and driving for about 5 minutes whilst his head slowly being ripped apart.

I seriously hope someone didn't walk past his head in the street.
That would haunt them forever.
steventhfc
I seriously hope someone didn't walk past his head in the street.
That would haunt them forever.

I don't know why, but the image of this made me laugh.
:o:

Latest

Trending

Trending