The Student Room Group

MSc Clinical Embryology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alyssa125uk
Hi Holla :smile:
I am sorry that I didn't see your post earlier. I applied to this MSc program and got interviewed in February and was offered a place. As you have already had the interview, you can see that Dr Kevin Coward and 3 other members of the interview panel are very friendly. Let me know how you get on, since we might be classmates next year!! ^_^

Hi there Alyssa. I really need help I am having my interview next week. I do not know what to think. Plus, I have been out of uni for a year now and all that scientific knowledge is not as fresh as it was. I am just worried that they are going to slaughter me with questions which I should know but may be a little hazy on considering I have not been in education for some time. I graduated last year from my first degree.
Anything you wrote on your application will be fair game to be quizzed on. So know your CV and statement of purpose inside out. And the usual - Why do you want to do this course and where it sits in the bigger picture.

My experience tells me that one cannot rehearse or predict a specific set of questions and that the best prep is just knowing your CV and bveing able to talk about whatever experience you have. Use this time to read up on something that interests you in this field - you might be asked to discuss it or it might just come up in convo.

Good luck.
How are you planning to fund yourselves for this course? :confused:
Reply 83
Original post by supereggman
I have been offered a conditional offer for this course in 2013 entry. who else is coming?^^

Hey, i also have an offer for September 2013. You sorted out accomodation? :smile:
Original post by Pari01
Hey, i also have an offer for September 2013. You sorted out accomodation? :smile:

Yup. My college have asked me about it and is going to confirm me with any offers around mid Aug.
Original post by Fish84
Congratulations Holla. Even I applied to this course but havent been selected for the interview. Glad someone got through :smile:
All the best for your interview.

Hi did you get through the interview?
what kind of questions where asked?
please get back to me am close to interview
so that I will know how to prepare
Reply 86
Hey there, in a similar boat here with the interview next week and a bit unsure on the types of question they ask
If anyone has gone through the process, would just be interested to know if the questions are more personal based or if they test your knowledge on the subject
Thank for any help
Reply 87
Original post by basilkingsley
Did you apply to Oxford?
So they've started interview already?
Please let us know which interview you're going for and also
the outcome and questions asked.
Good luck on your interview

Thanks very much, had the interview with Oxford today for MSc Clinical Embryology
All the panel were very nice and made you feel comfortable. They asked questions for about 20 minutes. Important to be up to date with current work going on
Questions mostly general - asking about academic history, past lab experience, why your interested in the degree at Oxford
Was asked about the course structure which is good to know
Last portion of interview was based on questions I had so good to think of some beforehand
Good luck to everyone else
Did you hear from them yet?
I had my interview few days back
Hey did you hear from them yet>?
Anyone in the class 2015 Clinical Embryology?
Reply 91
Original post by basilkingsley
Anyone in the class 2015 Clinical Embryology?

Hey ..... yup ! Received my offer letter last week !! Did you get in too ??
Reply 92
Anyone in the class in clinical embryology this year?
I had my interview last week.
When can I get the reply from them?
a little worried
Yup. It will take about a week or two. You will probably hear from them this week.
Keep us posted.Good luck.
Reply 94
hope so!
they gave you an unconditional offer or conditional one at first?
hope we can be classmates this year. keep my finger crossed.
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I am just wondering if anybody is applying for MSc in Clinical Embryology for the October 2017 entry?My name is Andrew and I am a biomedical honours graduate from New Zealand by the way :smile:
Reply 96
Hi, I have applied for October 2017 entry!
@mzem Yooo, I wasn't expecting that someone will actually reply to my post haha! Have you hear back from them yet? Judging on the previous posts in this and other treads, I assume that they might send out the invitations for interview later this week or early next week? The wait is killing me!
Reply 98
Same, I actually came here to see when I could expect a reply, because I'm growing so impatient! Best of luck!
Hi holla,
I hope you were accepted in the program.
I have my interview in a week and was hoping that you could give me some pointers , is it more technical or personal ? How could I prepare for it ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending