The Student Room Group

MSc Clinical Embryology

Hello!
I am curious if anybody has taken or knows somebody who has taken the MSc Clinical Embryology at Oxford. I know that it is a fairly new course but would love to get some insight on it, as I have always been interested in the field.
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I went to the lab it's based in briefly as part of my undergrad dissertation. It seemed really nice (high tech and lots of very clever equipment ... that's why I was there!) and everyone was very friendly and very organised and enthusiastic about teaching the MSc course (tho didn't get to meet any of the MSc students themselves sadly).

I get the impression it's aimed at people who want to be clinical embryologists (as name suggests!) rather than purely academics, I may be wrong though. If you live close-ish you could always get in contact with them and arrange for a look around.
Reply 2
Thanks! I have been thinking about visiting, but I currently do not live in the UK. I will be starting a MSc Biomedical and Molecular Sciences research at KCL , which I hope to give me a good background knowledge and lab skills that I can use to specialize further (as I have been thinking of possible doing the clinical embryology). I seems to be quite expensive at Oxford though?! But I guess it will be worth it....
Reply 3
I don't know exactly how much the Oxford course is, but have heard it's not cheap! (value for money, possibly - I wouldn't know) I think (heard all about it from the person in charge but was concentrating on loading two days' work on to expensive and fragile slides at the time!) that all the people on it at the time were being sponsored by employers rather than paying for it themselves, dunno if this is an option.
Reply 4
I'd love to do it, but it's £26k for a one year course, I know that like it's really lab intensive and stuff but it's jsut ridiculous to be honest.
Reply 5
*Sparkle*
I'd love to do it, but it's £26k for a one year course, I know that like it's really lab intensive and stuff but it's jsut ridiculous to be honest.

I am there with you! And there is also the possibility that it may come out not to be exactly what you were looking for. That is why I decided to do the MSc Biomedical and Molecular Sciences Research at KCL, so that I can get a general feel of doing lab work on regular basis and besides to figure out what may be a good field for me to specialize in. I know that Leeds has a program like that (I believe it was part-time option or distance learning), I think part of it having to do that you need to be employed in the field. I know that it is considerably less expensive. Also, there is the Reproductive Science and Women's Health (MSc) at UCL, but there isn't any additional info about the course from students and such.
Hope that broadens your options! Let me know if you are interested and I will try to elaborate further on my knowledge ...
hey is anyone doin the msc embryology course at oxford or know of someone doing it??
Reply 7
i'm currently enrolled in the msc in ce at oxford... happy to answer any questions!
Reply 8
Hi, there!
How do you find the course so far (intense or not so much so)? Is it sufficient to prepare you for a career as a clinical embryologist? Is there any funding available, the course fee seems really high in comparison to other unis?!
Thank you very much!!!
Reply 9
Hi everyone, I am interested in distant learning in MSc. in clinical embryology at University of Leeds. Do you recomend it and if anyone have taken this course.
thanks
Ejaz:smile:
Reply 10
Hi everyone

please anyone tell me if the referees will be contacted when your application is processed at the university of oxford. I have only given their mail ids..is it sufficient?
thank you
Reply 11
ibiza_hippie
hey is anyone doin the msc embryology course at oxford or know of someone doing it??

Hi...i have applied to the msc clinical embryology course. can u tell me if the university will get in touch with the referees as i have only furnished their mail ids. and how was the interview.

thank you
Reply 12
hi everyone,

i applied for this course at oxford university and they arrange for interview
11/6/2010.
anyone can tell me how to prepare for this interview with dr/kevin kewared

thanks
Reply 13
dr_holla
hi everyone,

i applied for this course at oxford university and they arrange for interview
11/6/2010.
anyone can tell me how to prepare for this interview with dr/kevin kewared

thanks

Congratulations Holla. Even I applied to this course but havent been selected for the interview. Glad someone got through :smile:
All the best for your interview.
Reply 14
thanks Fish84 very much and i wish all the best for u.
anyone can tell me how to prepare for the interview with dr/kevin Coward
please help me because my interview will be next friday.
i want advices.....................:eek3: :confused:
Reply 15
Hi HOLLA, i visited your post 2day only and by now you might have gone thru UR interview. How did it go and when will u get the results of the same. What happened TRE? Do share Vid us.
dr_holla
thanks Fish84 very much and i wish all the best for u.
anyone can tell me how to prepare for the interview with dr/kevin Coward
please help me because my interview will be next friday.
i want advices.....................:eek3: :confused:

Hi Holla :smile:
I am sorry that I didn't see your post earlier. I applied to this MSc program and got interviewed in February and was offered a place. As you have already had the interview, you can see that Dr Kevin Coward and 3 other members of the interview panel are very friendly. Let me know how you get on, since we might be classmates next year!! ^_^
Reply 17
i finished the interview with dr/kevin and 3 members and as u said they were very friendly and they offered me a place but under the condition of completing IELTS test.
i completed my test and i will know my results next week,so pray for me :smile: .
So we might be classmates next year :gthumb:
Reply 18
dr_holla
i finished the interview with dr/kevin and 3 members and as u said they were very friendly and they offered me a place but under the condition of completing IELTS test.
i completed my test and i will know my results next week,so pray for me :smile: .
So we might be classmates next year :gthumb:

Hello,

Can someone please tell me how long the interview lasted for and what sort of things do they discuss with you. Apparently, there are two more places left so trying to get through.

Cheers!
Reply 19
hey i am interested in doing distance learning in clinical embryology at leeds any advice on this?anyone here doing it would like to give me some advice.thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending