No.
Reply 2
bob9001
No.

oh ****, what do i do now.
Reply 3
CGP sucks
I don't understand this thread.
If you've just finished your AS year, it's too late to worry about what you did or didn't revise properly. If you're going into your AS year, why resign yourself to crappy/limited revision before even starting?
Reply 5
Palladio
CGP sucks

Not for GCSE's, they don't!
Princestia
Anyone achieved a grade A at AS level using just CGP revision guides for biology+chemistry?

Ones on here basically:
http://www.cgpbooks.co.uk/pages/productList.asp?list=as_science

If so, what exam board were you on and did you use the exam board specific CGP revision guide or the general AS level biology/chemistry revision guide suitable for all specifications?

I've been told you actually have to work to get an A at A Level. GCSE is so easy, esp. for separate sciences when memorising the revision guides can get you an A* easily if you can then apply knowledge a bit
Yes, in addition to past papers.
I didn't look once at course materials from the year, although I attended virtually all lessons.
goats
oh ****, what do i do now.

:rolleyes:
diamondsky99
Yes, in addition to past papers.
I didn't look once at course materials from the year, although I attended virtually all lessons.

Completely agree. Past papers in addition to revision guides are the way forward.

Although; I've just realised you're doing the new specification.

YOU HAVE NO PAST PAPERS!!

Sucks.

So, lay off the CGP.

Stick to the old fashioned text books.

Your welcome.
Reply 10
CGP + many past papers for bio, yes :smile:
obv u have to listen and remember throughout the year as well thou :rolleyes:
Yes. They're bloody hilarious too.
I used the official textbooks and did all the exam paper style questions in that and did old spec AS level papers and then used cgp books before the exams to make sure I knew it. It didn't help for AQA Chem Unit 2 though... :sad:
I find CGP is far too basic for anything beyond GCSE. In making the notes easy to use they lose a fair bit of detail.
Reply 14
Yasmeenax
Not for GCSE's, they don't!

They do ;]
Reply 15
bob9001
:rolleyes:

it was my main plan :frown:
No but i got a **** grade with it
Reply 17
I had them but I rarely used them except for the odd reference for information, I found the official Edexcel study guides were the best for my exams along with past papers.
Reply 18
For AQA the nelson thornes text books are all you need.

Practise questions in them + Sample papers/last years papers + previous spec papers = easy A.
Reply 19
Ben77mc
They do ;]

I have proof that they make a wonderful replacement for a crappy education, for GCSE exams :yep: Obviously, if one has been to a good school then one would object... :p:

Anyways, let's take this outside :rolleyes: