The Student Room Group
Reply 1
~Lc~
Ola,

a mate of mine just got offers for a postgrade course in both Unis mentioned, exeter are asking her to oay a deposite by the 17th and she';s still not sure about which one to pick. I was just wondering what the word on the street is, if you wish, because they both seem like good institutes in the course.

Your opinions appreciated
=)

In terms of reputation, I would say both are about equal. However, Exeter is very remote, surrounded by countryside. Sheffield is supposed to be a buzzing city with lots to do. I was very close to taking up a place to read Management there but I wanted to be very close to London. She should maybe look into the course structure as well as the area. Reputation isn't and should not be the be all and end all of the University experience.
Reply 2
They're both alright. The more interesting thing, however, is how Exeter is investing in their Business School and how they're expanding. It's quite clear that Exeter want to rise to the top in business. This year they've introduced undergraduate courses with industrial experience and they've plenty of interesting developments underway for undergraduates and postgraduates alike.

Latest

Trending

Trending