The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
matt4504
Ok,

Im going to be doing nursing this year although i have a offer at KCL, Brum has always appealed. One problem though. It starts in Jan and basically i'd miss out on all the freshers and people making friends. Is that a really bad reason not to apply to brum?

Matt

I don't think that not having freshers is a reason not to apply to Birmingham....I would say that you should apply to wherever you like the best. I considered KCL as an alternative, but decided that I wasn't ready to spend 3/4 years in London for starters, and also that I didn't want to be so far away from home, so I opted for Birmingham plus the fact that I love the campus and the city is cool as there are loads of different things to do!!

I have quite a few friends who live at home, and so they didn't get involved with anything in freshers week, just met everyone on the course when we had inductions etc, and they have coped fine, so I don't think freshers is the be all and end all of uni. Also, you can still join any societies etc whenever you like throughout the year, so you wouldn't be disadvantaged in that way either.

If you need any more info just let me know!!

Ruthie xx
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Latest

Trending

Trending