The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Where is your nearst town/city?
I mean people say Primark is an easy places to get into or maybe mcdonalds considering you're not over-qualified.

Local cafes, farms, garden centres etc are more likely to take you on.
Reply 21
Does primark only sell women's clothes?
No it sells kids, mens and womens. Even homeware and shoes. Does it matter what it sells, its the job you want not the products
Reply 23
It maybe worth going down to your local job shop.

Dont know if you will have much luck due to tremendous amount of people who are unemployed.....:frown:
Reply 24
Unknown?
Do I have to go into shops and actually ask the employee's to pass on a CV? That sounds kind of embarrassing.

dont bother doing that trust me bruv its fruitless. they will probably just throw your cv away and it wont even get looked at seriously by management. You could give in like 30 cv's to different places and it would be extremley rare for even one of them to get back to you to kindly say that they don't have vacancies.
mad m05
dont bother doing that trust me bruv its fruitless. they will probably just throw your cv away and it wont even get looked at seriously by management. You could give in like 30 cv's to different places and it would be extremley rare for even one of them to get back to you to kindly say that they don't have vacancies.

I was about to do this tomorrow, what do you suggest I do instead? :holmes:
Reply 26
ArcadiaHouse
I was about to do this tomorrow, what do you suggest I do instead? :holmes:

i don't really have a clue tbh cos i only gave up on that tactic last week. i might try the job centre thing that people have been suggesting. also depending on where you live but i might go into central london to look for a job.
Reply 27
I tried the job centre website all they have are cleaning positions.
Unknown?

If you tell me where your nearest city is i'll have a look for you
Reply 29
Well I'm in dudley. Birmingham is close but I don't really want to travel out of the town and there's a large shopping centre called Merry Hill in town so I thought I'd try there.
Reply 30
Don't be at all embarrassed about handing in your CV to shops. I did it last summer and, admittedly, at first it felt a bit strange, but then you realise that they're probably used to it, and they probably did the same thing themselves some time. Anyhoo... supermarkets? McDonalds? How long are you able to work for? Are you going back to school in September? If so, it might be tricky to find something, as in my experience employers want someone who can commit more than just 1.5 months.
Unknown?

Better than nothing? If you want a job that badly then you're not exactly in a position to turn your nose up at whats on offer, are you? :p:
Reply 32
Why bother giving out cv's!!!! Why not simply call the store ask if they have vacancies if they say yes then post it to them or tell them your coming at a certain time to drop your CV and ask for their name!!! Simple!!

Latest