The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
abrp
tbh just because the grade boundaries are lower doesnt mean its easy to get into. LSE is very very competitive. also why did you chose Brum over Manc? i havent really been looking at the tables but from what i remember Manc is generally seen as more prestigious?

birmingham > manchester
Go to LSE! Is much better than B'ham! Very good for that employment sectr! You'll probably regret it if you dont.? xx
Reply 22
what is more highly regarded?

Southampton - BsC Economics
Nottingham - BA Finance, Accounting and Management
Reply 23
mate the course at nottingham looks really good
Reply 24
Maziwa
mate the course at nottingham looks really good

better than a bsc in economics from a respected uni?
Reply 25
is bham respected propa
Reply 26
yeh birmingham is good, I think on the same level as soton, manchester, york economics, but I was trying to gage whether Soton bsc economics is more employable than the BA in FAM??
Reply 27
common666
yeh birmingham is good, I think on the same level as soton, manchester, york economics, but I was trying to gage whether Soton bsc economics is more employable than the BA in FAM??

They're both different degrees with different career opportunities.
Reply 28
.ACS.
They're both different degrees with different career opportunities.

Can you expand? What do you mean "different" opportunities?

I am aware Eco is slightly broader and leaves more doors open, but Notts>Soton?
Reply 29
common666
Can you expand? What do you mean "different" opportunities?

I am aware Eco is slightly broader and leaves more doors open, but Notts>Soton?

Well, for example, you wouldn't really be able to become a professional economist with FAM even though it's from Nottingham. Also, FAM would prepare you better for accounting whereas economics would prepare you better for actuarial (especially if you chose the more quantitative modules).

Latest

Trending

Trending