The Student Room Group

Driving Examiners

I failed today....thanks to a Miserable Old Man John who is the chief examiner of my local centre....complete prick!!!.....renound for being a prick. I Had a few minors on my sheet and stalled once thats fair enough but he sat in his chair silent and intimidating with Dark Blue glasses on not making conversation and generally making me feel nervous.....I know not all old people are like this guy but Euthanasia seemed a great idea after meeting this tosser...Watch out if you ever get an Instructor called John and he is old...he will fail you :mad:

Anyone had any experiences on Tests or with instructors..why did you fail?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, I failed first time due to a prick. He wasn't old, I'd say mid thirties, bald and quite fat.

He never uttered a word either and made me drive for 1 hour and 10 minutes. The prick then failed me due to entering a roundabout a bit too early, 100 frigging yards from the test centre. I drove flawlessly during the rest of the test =(

I re-took my test 1 month later (exams etc) and prayed it wasn't the same guy. As I waited in the lobby, the same guy came up and I thought 'Oh ****' but then he proceeded calling out someone else's name and moments after a lady came up and called my name. She was very sympathetic and chatted to me during the test. Eventually I passed :woo:.

And I kid you not, when I got my pass certificate and my instructor was about to drive away, the same guy that failed me first walked out of a vehicle with no documents in his hand, so I assumed that the unlucky person failed.
Reply 2
Failed first time with 3 majors. First for not taking my indicator off for 5 seconds after leaving a roundabout. Second, I was going 35 in a 40mph zone, far too slow indeed (that was sarcasm, by the way). Finally I got my last major for switching lanes as approaching a roundabout.

All very fair majors (again, heavy on the sarcasm). I too had a miserable old prick for an examiner who didn't speak to me at all except to tell me I've failed. Resitting the end of August, and I'm hoping for a better one this time.
Reply 3
I failled on the first test with the duffer saying "you're going to kick yourself. You reverse parked but didnt look out the rear window enough".

but when I retook funnily enough I got the same guy who passed me with 1 minor..

at the end of the day it's a test. don't give them anything to fail you on and they can't fail you, can they?
Reply 4
pff ive failed 3 times now, cos i get the same stuck up bitch that marks down every single thing and makes minors to majors :frown: , taking my test in another test centre cos of it ..
Reply 5
john.miguel
Yeah, I failed first time due to a prick. He wasn't old, I'd say mid thirties, bald and quite fat.

He never uttered a word either and made me drive for 1 hour and 10 minutes. The prick then failed me due to entering a roundabout a bit too early, 100 frigging yards from the test centre. I drove flawlessly during the rest of the test =(

I re-took my test 1 month later (exams etc) and prayed it wasn't the same guy. As I waited in the lobby, the same guy came up and I thought 'Oh ****' but then he proceeded calling out someone else's name and moments after a lady came up and called my name. She was very sympathetic and chatted to me during the test. Eventually I passed :woo:.

And I kid you not, when I got my pass certificate and my instructor was about to drive away, the same guy that failed me first walked out of a vehicle with no documents in his hand, so I assumed that the unlucky person failed.

haha EXACTLY the same except the awfulll first examiner was a woman called Carol....she glared at me the whole way around then when we got back to the test centre she told me i shouldnt have pulled in for an ambulance :confused:
went for another test about 3 weeks later and she called my name.... i looked at my driving instructor and was abit like " Oh **** " and he started laughing :/ .... then she continued to say my examiner would be in in a min, she was just held up. Different examiner was really nice :smile: she was asking me about my jobb and telling me about her kids the whole way round...... was still abit :eek3: when she passed me though :biggrin:
Reply 6
setha
pff ive failed 3 times now, cos i get the same stuck up bitch that marks down every single thing and makes minors to majors :frown: , taking my test in another test centre cos of it ..

good luck :smile:
Reply 7
DuckBilledPlatypus
I failed today....thanks to a Miserable Old Man John who is the chief examiner of my local centre....complete prick!!!.....renound for being a prick. I Had a few minors on my sheet and stalled once thats fair enough but he sat in his chair silent and intimidating with Dark Blue glasses on not making conversation and generally making me feel nervous.....I know not all old people are like this guy but Euthanasia seemed a great idea after meeting this tosser...Watch out if you ever get an Instructor called John and he is old...he will fail you :mad:

Anyone had any experiences on Tests or with instructors..why did you fail?

what did you fail for? too many minors?

I passed first time, I got 8 minors tho!! but my examiner was nice and my instructor was AMAZING! if you want to learn to drive in chester then use drive chester!!!

I think only nice people should be allowed to be examiners, why make the student nervous?

however I do think that the driving tests are too easy and that much more should be taken in to account, like how to steer out of an accident, how to change a tyre etc! also I think everyone should have to retest every 10 years so that all them all folks that cant see dont get on the road!

:eek:
Reply 8
Gaylei

I think only nice people should be allowed to be examiners, why make the student nervous?
:eek:

My motorbike test started out with the examiner walking to a car saying 'I dunno why you want a bike, they're too dangerous, that's why I'm in a car'

and two other learners the same day he reduced to tears when they did something wrong during the test!
My examiner was an absolute bitch, and was trying her very hardest to fail me. She was so surly through the whole test.
She asked me to do an emergency stop, which I did properly. She was flung forward a little and afterwards said "well, we won't be doing that again" in a demeaning manner. I mean wtf did she expect me to do? Some half hearted ******** so that she could sit comfortably while the imaginary child in front of the car got squished? Which she would have failed me for anyway.

She gave me 2 minors for driving through a puddle when the alternative was crossing onto the wrong side of the road on a blind bend. I was travelling at 20mph for it in a 60 limit because I realised the hazard, and the puddle was small enough that only 1 wheel would be over it at any moment (the rest of the road was dry). Despite this her reasoning was that we might have aquaplaned. LOL.

I tried to not let myself get rattled by her, and made no mistakes that could even be bent into majors.

Which made it funny when at the end of the test she added up her ridiculous bundle of minors and it came to 14. At that moment I was just thinking, in your face, bitch. You tried your hardest, and you failed.

It was seriously a joke of a test, but I didn't see the point in complaining; I had my pass.
Reply 10
Elementric
My examiner was an absolute bitch, and was trying her very hardest to fail me. She was so surly through the whole test.
She asked me to do an emergency stop, which I did properly. She was flung forward a little and afterwards said "well, we won't be doing that again" in a demeaning manner. I mean wtf did she expect me to do? Some half hearted ******** so that she could sit comfortably while the imaginary child in front of the car got squished? Which she would have failed me for anyway.

She gave me 2 minors for driving through a puddle when the alternative was crossing onto the wrong side of the road on a blind bend. I was travelling at 20mph for it in a 60 limit because I realised the hazard, and the puddle was small enough that only 1 wheel would be over it at any moment (the rest of the road was dry). Despite this her reasoning was that we might have aquaplaned. LOL.

I tried to not let myself get rattled by her, and made no mistakes that could even be bent into majors.

Which made it funny when at the end of the test she added up her ridiculous bundle of minors and it came to 14. At that moment I was just thinking, in your face, bitch. You tried your hardest, and you failed.

It was seriously a joke of a test, but I didn't see the point in complaining; I had my pass.

Just wow!
What a story!!! :yep:
I had 4 tests and 3 nice examiners(the 2nd one a woman passed me 4th time), all made the effort to talk to me and make me feel at ease even though I did fail 3 times through just being nervous. When I saw on my 4th test that it was the same woman who failed me on my 2nd test I felt even more nervous and didn't want her again but I was glad in the end.
Reply 12
jaw
My motorbike test started out with the examiner walking to a car saying 'I dunno why you want a bike, they're too dangerous, that's why I'm in a car'

and two other learners the same day he reduced to tears when they did something wrong during the test!

thats terrible! motorbikes are so much cooler then cars! Id love to learn to ride a motorbike. Id have to start with my CBT I guess and then work my way up! Id love some leathers tho!! :eek:

I enjoyed driving untill I stumbled across the world of driving in liverpool! its awful!!
Reply 13
I passed first time with the chief examiner at the test centre, and with 9 minors. He was nice though, chatted on the way round.
Reply 14
I failed once with a nice instructor (who made the right decision; I drove like a maniac). Then I failed a second time with an anus of an instructor, who gave me a major for letting someone cross the road (I only got 2 minors other than that). Third time, I passed with a really nice instructor, who should have failed me, because my driving was abismal.
Reply 15
i wished my guy would have been silent l;ike yours. I passed first time but was so nervous and the guy kept asking me how 6th form was going and asking all sorts of questions about it. i was just sitting there thinking will you just shut up i'm trying to concentrate
Reply 16
Gaylei
thats terrible! motorbikes are so much cooler then cars! Id love to learn to ride a motorbike. Id have to start with my CBT I guess and then work my way up! Id love some leathers tho!! :eek:

I enjoyed driving untill I stumbled across the world of driving in liverpool! its awful!!

ha,don't get me started, viseted a mate in Liverpool a few weeks back. Lets just say that finding a parking space was 'fun' but the appeal ran off after the 5th trip around a one way system
Reply 17
jaw
ha,don't get me started, viseted a mate in Liverpool a few weeks back. Lets just say that finding a parking space was 'fun' but the appeal ran off after the 5th trip around a one way system

ha ha ha ha I totaly get you!!! I parked under a tree, and I mean half of it was poking through the window! its a nightmere!

was the bike test hard? is it like a car test? can you fail? how much is your insurance? :eek: so many questions!!!
Reply 18
Gaylei
ha ha ha ha I totaly get you!!! I parked under a tree, and I mean half of it was poking through the window! its a nightmere!

was the bike test hard? is it like a car test? can you fail? how much is your insurance? :eek: so many questions!!!

:laugh:I ended up in a dodgy carpark with a fence for £8:mad: Have a poke around the motorcycle Soc thread, you'll prob find most of the answers in there I've only done the CBT - the test wasnt hard, but mine got cancelled because the batteries ran out on the radios, and didnt get a chance to retake it before they made the test longer.
Reply 19
I know what you mean, OP. I didn't particularly like my examiner either. He was just like yours. just sat there, said nothing and almost as if hoping I was going to fail, which I did.

Latest

Trending

Trending