The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

You Alright But - Good To See Some Welsh Boyos On The Up To Bham. Welsh Soc Starting Next Sept Involving Pissed Up Bar Crawls / Rugby Team. Man Up Fresher!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
impure_element
You Alright But - Good To See Some Welsh Boyos On The Up To Bham. Welsh Soc Starting Next Sept Involving Pissed Up Bar Crawls / Rugby Team. Man Up Fresher!

You mention you live in shack. do you know the flat 31 and a half website?
I was looking at my accomodation application and it seems like they determine what hall you will be placed in based on your preferences, right? So you can't really choose the hall. Also, what do you think is better for a first year...catered or self-catered halls?
keenya2006
I was looking at my accomodation application and it seems like they determine what hall you will be placed in based on your preferences, right? So you can't really choose the hall. Also, what do you think is better for a first year...catered or self-catered halls?

Personally I think self catered is better. You have to cook in your second/third/fourth etc years anyway so it makes sense to get a head start. Plus, cooking for yourself is cheaper :wink:
It won't be cheaper after I pay for fire damages from my cooking :frown:
some of the pic links arent working nemore! boooo...
oliviasmith05
some of the pic links arent working nemore! boooo...

*does the annoying liv while he is at work dance*

When I get back home any pictures I have I will send to you, go on MSN about 8-830 if you can, otherwise i will just email them to you :smile:

My webspace is being a nuisance so i had to take them all down... :frown:
In fact, I've just had a wander round the ground floor of shackleton so there will be fresh photos :smile:
Aww u legend :P
oliviasmith05
Aww u legend :P

http://davestones.com is back up (yes, again :rolleyes: ) with all my old images of halls and stuff. new shackleton ;photos after 8 when i leave work :biggrin:
As promised, photos of Shackleton (Ground floor anyway, I don't have access to accommodation) :smile:

Clickety Clack
cheers my dears :smile:
Reply 252
OK.... I'll run down the general details regarding social side Brum Uni accomodation... everyone can find out about the general details about accom at Brum, but you wont really get a feel...

Shackleton... the palace... ensuite and catered - if I didn't live where I live, I'd live there... all my mates seem to live there, loads of rugby boys and general lash monkeys.

Maple Bank... Reasonably lively... there are about 90 people here who get out on the lash on a regular basis. It's self-catered, and no en-suite. But it's cheap and right next to everything at Shackleton (like bar one and cost-cutter) - reccently refitted too!

Elgar Court... Dead as a doornail... I dont really see the "Elgar Crew" out and about much... Self-catered and en-suite; and generally just like shack without the food... but I'd rather live in squalor...

Chamberlain... Man the f*** up central... they love the lash, you get a sink in your room (some of them I believe) and while it is really in need of a refurb, I'd love to live there... because you get food, and there are generally a lot of great people...

Mason.... This hall was originally the fave @ Brum until Shack showed up with a refurb... I wont write much, because they're demolishing it in a few months... you'll never stay there!

Tennis Courts - seems to be a law unto itself... it's like maple bank only not refurbed... and it's further away from the vale stuff (like bar one in shackleton) but closer to campus... There's loadsa people there, and they take about 200 people on most bar crawls... so there's a fair bit of lashing going on in Tennis Courts...

Douper... No. Just no. Although you'd have a great freshers cos their president is a hero, and he'll organise a massive lash up. And it's in the middle of selly oak, so where you'd live in second and third year...

Jarrat... about 25 lash monkeys... all the rest are international students and post grad. Very close to campus though...

Pritchatts Park... massive... has a social centre; don't really know what happens here.... some parts look nice though...!

Manor House.... Miles away... literally, from EVERYTHING. Have to clear out at Christmas and Easter... not cool!

Beeches, Hunter court etc... No idea??? :confused:

Hope that helps - don't just judge on how good the accom is... because while Shack is just amazing (place and people...) I wouldn't want to live in some of the other "nice" ones...

I'd go for Maple or Shackleton... or CHAMBERLAIN!

Love and kisses,

Ryan
Also, don't go on how many alcoholics there are, of course not everyone drinks :wink:

Mason demolition is starting in phases from the 25th of march too, beginning with chad wing :smile:

And yeah, everyone knows tennis courts was the best :biggrin: 8)
Reply 254
Pipe down Stones! You know you love the Shack more! Why else would you work in Bar One!? :P

And Maple and Chambo rule too, because we're taking our freshers to Amsterdam this weekend! :smile:
ryanjones
Pipe down Stones! You know you love the Shack more! Why else would you work in Bar One!? :P

And Maple and Chambo rule too, because we're taking our freshers to Amsterdam this weekend! :smile:

I work there because I get paid to sit around for much of the time :biggrin:

Tennis courts ruled the roost, always has done :cool:
Dave i took ur advice and put 'please put me in tennis courts (centre court) haha...so cross ur fingers! x
oliviasmith05
Dave i took ur advice and put 'please put me in tennis courts (centre court) haha...so cross ur fingers! x

Heheh, I did the same - how weird would it be if a load of us ended up in the same flat? :biggrin:
Don't blame me if you end up in flat 137 room 1 :eek:
i take it it's not very nice...-looks worried-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending