The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thanks Dave, repped.

If I don't get in Shackleton I'm hoping for Tennis Courts or Elgar. Infact I'm gunna ring and find out now, eee nerves...

edit: just confirmed into shack
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 41
I got Hunter Hall. Its 3km from the campus, but **** it; Some good drunken hikes back will be sure to turn up many a mini-adventure!
Hide
I got Hunter Hall. Its 3km from the campus, but **** it; Some good drunken hikes back will be sure to turn up many a mini-adventure!

hunter court is right next to edgbaston cricket ground.... there is a bus abuot every 2 seconds on bristol road to take you to uni...

they are nice though, en suite and everything :smile:
I got Queens. Hmm... dunno where that is or what its like. Help please.
QHC is nice accommodation, a long way out from campus but there are buses and trains everywhere :smile:

it is right next to broad street, so if you are a party animal it is a godsend :smile:
Its one of the further ones from the uni, in fact its closer to the city centre than the campus. Apparently all en suite and looks like a biggish site with 6 people per flat. Parking is available.
Thats w***. I didn't know it was that far away. Although being close to Broad Street is good. Prefer some places in the Aracdian tho. Cheers peeps
Reply 47
I haven't heard anything either, and B'Ham was my first choice. Is no news good news? Praying for Jaratt Hall, tho not too sure about the area, any SC accommodation will be fine for me. If I get crap I may decline and save 4k by staying at home.
Reply 48
Blanco Ballo
I got Queens. Hmm... dunno where that is or what its like. Help please.

hey me too!!!
im flat 5 room 4!!
dont worry its only one stop on the train from campus. x
Right. Just went to town to have a look at the accoms with my mom (:biggrin:) and realising where I was I was happy. More on the QMC thread
Reply 50
silence
o i get it now. you need to send back this as12 form (or something like that) to confirm your place before they sort out accommodation. im in another country and my form arrived today (saturday) so i won´t be able to send it back until monday. hope it doesn´t mean that im put to the bottom of the pile in terms of where i stay.

what i said above is actually slightly wrong. i sent my course confirmation form off today, and so did a friend, but he received his accommodation back a few days ago, so i don't think they're too connected.
I got Tennis Courts too, Block 1, Flat 1, Room 5. Looks ok from the pics, assuming they're all pretty similar.
I opted for self catering flats but have yet to receive anything :frown:

When should I start phoning up etc to find out whats going on?
Reply 53
I went down to Birmingham today with a friend of mine to check the place out (a little off the topic, but its stunning!!) Anyway I spoke to the admissions people about my accom because I sent my form in a month and a half late and they said I would find out by the end of next week! They also said that Jarrat Hall and Elgar Close are full! Also I went to see Victoria Hall, it's so nice but you don't get the whole first year experience! anyone going to Victoria this year or have stayed there can you clue me up?? So stressed, I need good accomodation!!!
Reply 54
Victor Meldrew
I opted for self catering flats but have yet to receive anything :frown:

When should I start phoning up etc to find out whats going on?

it is meant to take between 10-14 days until results are out, but i don't think they'd process the application any faster if you called them up. if you don't hear anything by halfway through next week then you might as well give them a call.
Reply 55
i got hunter court, but i wanted elgar...and ALL my friends are in tennis court or maple bank....quite upset that i'm not on the vale, will it make a difference????? is it hard to get to tennis court to see everyone??? also is hunter court nice???
Reply 56
i've heard that hunter court is nice, i know a few people going there and they seem pretty happy about it.
Reply 57
Hi, I got Tennis Courts flat 63; is anyone else nearby?
jossy
i got hunter court, but i wanted elgar...and ALL my friends are in tennis court or maple bank....quite upset that i'm not on the vale, will it make a difference????? is it hard to get to tennis court to see everyone??? also is hunter court nice???

Hunter Court is nice, was a regular there last year to see friends. We had plenty of BBQs and frisbie etc. in the courtyard. Also it's a blessing in disguise that you wont be near all your friends. It'll make you get to know the people around you without using your home friends as a crutch. I didn't live on the Vale last year and you don't miss out. You can go to the bars and events etc. like everyone else but you have space to get away from uni and students for a bit.
jossy

budget about 30 mins for a walk between the two places. it's more or less up one road (priory road if you are interested) but that is a big hill :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest