Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Sorted
(edited 8 years ago)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Any advice on which to pick? I was looking at either Tennis Courts or Jarratt Hall, TC because it seems to be in the main area but then kind of wanted an en suite but can't afford Mason, so Jarratt Hall seemed the other choice.
Reply 5982
Hi - I just firmed Birmingham and I'm really unsure on what to choose for my accommodation. I'm not that interested in the social side of things and drinking, I'd prefer something quieter. I would also prefer self-catered accommodation and en-suite, although I'd imagine I would survive with shared just fine. It is also important the internet is decent - Are there any areas that have internet cuts or other issues, mainly third party accommodation?

In short, what would be the best places for:
- Relatively quiet (not too interested in the social stuff)
- Self-catered
- En suite
- Decent internet
- Medium budget (probably no more than £6,000-6,300 at most)

Even if some links to some posts/pages with information about similar requests, that'd be useful. I'll probably start trawling through this thread anyway and see what I find.

Thanks!
Original post by Cosmi
Hi - I just firmed Birmingham and I'm really unsure on what to choose for my accommodation. I'm not that interested in the social side of things and drinking, I'd prefer something quieter. I would also prefer self-catered accommodation and en-suite, although I'd imagine I would survive with shared just fine. It is also important the internet is decent - Are there any areas that have internet cuts or other issues, mainly third party accommodation?

In short, what would be the best places for:
- Relatively quiet (not too interested in the social stuff)
- Self-catered
- En suite
- Decent internet
- Medium budget (probably no more than £6,000-6,300 at most)

Even if some links to some posts/pages with information about similar requests, that'd be useful. I'll probably start trawling through this thread anyway and see what I find.

Thanks!

From what I saw at the accommodation open day you're probably best suited to somewhere like Victoria hall and Jarrett hall. They're both ensuite, self-catered and are relatively quiet especially when compared to the others. Also they're both around £5000. Some other options are Ashcroft and Oakley court but these are not ensuite, however they both have a very chill vibe and are cheaper. Judging from what you want, I'd stay away from places like maple bank and tennis courts as these are known to be party halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5984
Original post by goodwinning
From what I saw at the accommodation open day you're probably best suited to somewhere like Victoria hall and Jarrett hall. They're both ensuite, self-catered and are relatively quiet especially when compared to the others. Also they're both around £5000. Some other options are Ashcroft and Oakley court but these are not ensuite, however they both have a very chill vibe and are cheaper. Judging from what you want, I'd stay away from places like maple bank and tennis courts as these are known to be party halls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This was very insightful. Thanks a lot!
Anyone else put Maple Bank as their first choice?
Reply 5986
Anybody going for a studio?
Original post by pixiepeep
Just been told my grandparents want to pay for my accomm... was expecting to live at home cause i couldn't afford it... now what the hell do i do?? i would love to live out... but i don't want to take the money off them.... and i haven't even looked at the accommodation!
Help!

Hello Pixiepeep, the website is really good for accommodation, you can see 360 degree views of all the rooms and there's lots of information on pricing etc http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/accommodation/halls/index.aspx
Eleanor (Second year student at the university of Birmingham)
Original post by Championt1
Which accommodation are 2015 first year law students considering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first choice is Pritchats studio flat. Any studio flat would be nice though! I am interested in seeing what the new Chamberlin Hall Building will be like too. However, i'd prefer not to live on the Vale.
Original post by RR97
Anybody going for a studio?

All my choices were studio flats.. be interesting to see what I get...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5990
Original post by Charmed_77
All my choices were studio flats.. be interesting to see what I get...

I've put studios as my top 2 - Chamberlain and Mason and then en suites for those two halls for the last 2. What course are you going to be doing? I'm doing Medicine :smile:
My first choice is Pritchats studio flat. Any studio flat would be nice though! I am interested in seeing what the new Chamberlin Hall Building will be like too. However, i'd prefer not to live on the Vale.

What's a Pritchatt's studio flat? Is that in Pritchatt's house?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RR97
I've put studios as my top 2 - Chamberlain and Mason and then en suites for those two halls for the last 2. What course are you going to be doing? I'm doing Medicine :smile:

I am doing the 2yr Graduate Law program. Super Excited to start!! :smile: Congrats on Medicine!!! Are you a mature student?
Original post by goodwinning
What's a Pritchatt's studio flat? Is that in Pritchatt's house?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, it's part of Prichatt's Road Houses, normally offered to Graduate students. As I am a Mature student, doing the 2 yr LLB graduate course I was told I could apply for those accomodations under a graduate application. But I've also applied under the undergraduate application as well (as recommended by LIVING). I was told to do both because of my circumstances and course.
I am excited to see the campus its looks beautiful!
Reply 5994
I am doing the 2yr Graduate Law program. Super Excited to start!! :smile: Congrats on Medicine!!! Are you a mature student?

Ooh, interesting. Thank you! Nope, school leaver.
Original post by RR97

Wish they had Chamberlain last year! Live in mason currently lol. Love it though! Going to miss the vale

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RR97

School leaver?? Not sure of that term. Good luck with the accomadation, hopefully we will both get our first choices. I applied as soon as I was allowed back in Dec, so I am hoping that, along with me be an international student, will help get me the one I want. I will admit it is a bit on the expensive side, but it beats living off campus and having to commute from the city somewhere. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5998
School leaver?? Not sure of that term. Good luck with the accomadation, hopefully we will both get our first choices. I applied as soon as I was allowed back in Dec, so I am hoping that, along with me be an international student, will help get me the one I want. I will admit it is a bit on the expensive side, but it beats living off campus and having to commute from the city somewhere. :smile:

It means I'm starting university straight out of school haha (I'll be 18 at the start of the course). Thank you, good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by RR97
It means I'm starting university straight out of school haha (I'll be 18 at the start of the course). Thank you, good luck to you too :smile:

Oh ha ha. well I wish you all the best!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending