The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
jmzcherry
Ok im worried now, the guy who did f(2) at my school got 8 too and was sure it was right.
I thought the equation was:

2x^3-8x^2+5x+6 in which case f(2)=0

However my friend said the equation was:

3x^3 instead of 2x^3. This would infact mean f(2)=8!!!

Can anyone verify what the actual equation was????

It seems wierd that 2 separate people got that!

i think i got 8 as well!!!
thtz y i couldn't do part (c)
Reply 201
Jump
Did you have coursework for it?

no, fortunately
ClaireC
well if you got a B in s1, you'll probably get a B/C in s2?

and p2 is very hard. I think its worse than p3. So you'll probably get a B/C in that

add up your points. Saying A B or C is very vague. 1 point can make all the difference. Be realistic. You dont want to be let down in august.

I added up points, presuming i got 50/100 (ums) on p3, i need 71/100 for the other two papers, my p1 m1 s1 scores where 85,75,68 ums i got the m1 n s1 wrong way roudn before, but i think i will just do what the other people have suggested of just going in and doing my best, trying not to think about grades, cause you never know what they might give you method marks for anyway! :smile:
Reply 203
Reply 204
i got less than 35 overall. i wanna die........
felda01
i got less than 35 overall. i wanna die........

Hey I'm sure you got more marks than you think, y'know method marks and everything..? *Hug* Just concentrate on the next one..
Reply 206
:-o im scared i need an average of 77 out of 100 in s2 and p2 to get my A which I need!

Think thats possible???
Reply 207
i reckon i got between 52-57 marks! I only needed 54 UMS to get my A though!
Reply 208
In answer to the question posed in the title, I would say this: "Absolutely *******s"

I didn't do particularly well in P1 either I don't think.

Ah well, as long as I beat my U in p3, which looks like I will have, although I am not sure whether I will have beaten my C in p1 :frown:

Now I must concentrate on m1, m2 and p2. Oh joy of joys.

And then there is physics which I currently know nothing about. History is always a lottery but it is what I am hoping for my A in. I need ABB, though doesn't look like it will happen at this rate.
The majority of you have done well enough in AS to be able to mess up one paper and still get your required grade at A2. I've worked out that if I've got 50 UMS, I can still get an A overall by getting 87/88 on my remaining papers (P2, S2/M2 and M1 which I'm resitting to boost my 79 from last year). I will probably have got more than 50 UMS, but all I need to know is that even if I have done badly, an A is still possible. Concentrate on the next exam. No amount of analysing will change your result in the summer.
Wise words, Charlottie (and congratulations on your fantastic name.. hehe..). The best thing to do now is forget about it, and concentrate on the other modules.

Latest