The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kolya
You're confusing the defunct Constitution with the Lisbon Treaty. Ireland is the only country that has a question mark over ratification of the Lisbon Treaty - of the 27, 23 have ratified and 3 have had ratification approved by their chamber. If Ireland vote Yes on 2/10/09 then the Lisbon Treaty will almost certainly be in force by the start of 2010, barring any unforeseen problems.

Although its generally accepted that the Lisbon treaty is the EU constitution in all but name
Reply 21
hey guysch im kl
Although its generally accepted that the Lisbon treaty is the EU constitution in all but name

well, i don't know for certain but, as an educated guess, i would suspect that the constitution would have been harder to amend than amending the lisbon treaty (which is itself a series of amendments to existing EU law).
Reply 22
Europe: the only place where war criminals can become presidents of the EU.
Bateman
Europe: the only place where war criminals can become presidents of the EU.

In order to be a criminal one must be guilty of a crime, last time I checked Blair hasn't been proven guilty or involved in any court cases concerning the war in Iraq or Afghanistan.
Reply 24
hey guysch im kl

The European Constitutional Treaty was a constitution in name only. So take the name away, and you're not left with much.

Latest

Trending

Trending