The Student Room Group

Dragon's Den Soc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
thetopnotch
yeah pretty much :biggrin: It was about how he became an Entrepreneur and how he hated school so much, which wasn't the best speech to give at a school :p:

We got a similar one from a more local entrepeneur at a business workshop. He was telling us qualifications don't mean anything. You could see our deputy head looking suicidal :biggrin:
spikeymike
*Jealous* :colondollar:

You guys know that Peter Jones is on the new supermarket.com ad? :p:

yeah I've seen that quite a few times now, especially on Dave I think :biggrin: I'm not quite sure why he did that sign up for that ...:erm:

jamz0770
We got a similar one from a more local entrepeneur at a business workshop. He was telling us qualifications don't mean anything. You could see our deputy head looking suicidal :biggrin:

lol :grin: our teachers were all complaining about it the next day
Reply 22
thetopnotch
yeah I've seen that quite a few times now, especially on Dave I think :biggrin: I'm not quite sure why he did that sign up for that ...:erm:

lol :grin: our teachers were all complaining about it the next day

:rofl:
Love watching this; LOL at the personalised romance novels.
Reply 24
The first guy that came into the den with all the hand gliding ideas was kool. His brain must be quite a ticker.

But what the hell was up with that stacked chimney pot thingymagiggy lolll.

Banatyne wanted to go to the pub with him to steal his ideas whilst he got the poor guy pissed loll.
jun91ist
The first guy that came into the den with all the hand gliding ideas was kool. His brain must be quite a ticker.

But what the hell was up with that stacked chimney pot thingymagiggy lolll.

Banatyne wanted to go to the pub with him to steal his ideas whilst he got the poor guy pissed loll.

I must admit my first thought was WTF when I saw him come in with what looked like some very crude prototype flying machine - but credit where credit's due , he's done fairly well with his ideas.

One thing which always amuses me is the people who value their businesses at £1m or so while getting net profits of around £1k or so , if only to see the Dragon's reactions to that! :p:
I miss Richard Farley, he was so much better than James Khan :frown: (and a lot fitter too..)
spikeymike
:rofl: I was surprised that there was 2 accepted offers in 1 show :zomg:

Probably to entice viewers. I think in an interview Peter Jones said this series had a lot of poor ideas.
Reply 28
thetopnotch
lol they might eat you right there and then :p:

Theo Paphitis came to our school and gave a talk once :biggrin:

Really :shock:? That's awesome :yep:

I'm in! Me loves teh Dragon's Den!

Btw, did anyone find it weird on last night's episode that the guy with the answer machine thing got SO many offers for something that wasnt too amazing? I think they were impressed by the fact that he had loads of sucessful companies before... :s-smilie:
I was surprised yesterday when Peter Jones dropped his percentage offer for that phone screen caller guy. That's the first time I've seen that happen
Reply 30
I liked the trueCall thing... bit pricey though :s-smilie:
Reply 31
:itsme: It was really good yesterday:biggrin: Looking forward to next week:smile:
I'm in :drool:

Yesterdays was totally jokes :biggrin:
Reply 33
Hibz123
:itsme: It was really good yesterday:biggrin: Looking forward to next week:smile:

Don't forget about MTW tonight. :awesome:
Reply 34
Did anyone find that the first guy struggled to get his words out of his mouth? :rofl: :rofl:
Reply 35
Debra can be annoying at times:shifty::tongue: Some proposals are absolutely not worth the amount they have come for:tongue:

spikeymike
Don't forget about MTW tonight. :awesome:

I wont:biggrin:

spikeymike
Did anyone find that the first guy struggled to get his words out of his mouth? :rofl: :rofl:

I thought it was just nerves, but I did find it funny:rofl:
Reply 36
Hibz123
Debra can be annoying at times:shifty::tongue: Some proposals are absolutely not worth the amount they have come for:tongue:

She made 1 or 2 offers at least! :rofl: Usually criticised for sitting there...

Like the joke on MTW :rofl:
Reply 37
didnt mind yesterdays episode...but was TOTALLY in shock when the last dude came out and explained his previous busnesses...i thort he was just starting his buisness minded life...was in shock lol
Reply 38
man_utd_99
didnt mind yesterdays episode...but was TOTALLY in shock when the last dude came out and explained his previous busnesses...i thort he was just starting his buisness minded life...was in shock lol

Which one was that? Patio heater?
Reply 39
spikeymike
She made 1 or 2 offers at least! :rofl: Usually criticised for sitting there...

Like the joke on MTW :rofl:

True...Wasn't one of the dragons criticised for not giving any money out for a whole series?:s-smilie:

:woo:

Quick Reply

Latest