The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Subcutaneous
I considered the army, for a long time, and wanted to go into it as a nurse etc, shopped around and found out i couldn't due to being an asthmatic (even though my triggers aren't excercise!!)

I was reallly gutted, still am if i'm honest

Ah that sucks when you've got your heart set on something :frown: But i'm sure you'll find somewhere you love!
Reply 41
Personally I'd want to specialize in either Cancer or Infectious Diseases, but I'm hoping that I end up teaching Nursing in a college or University.

Btw quick question for guy nurses.

If you ever have kids, do you think they'd get bullied because you're a nurse?
Reply 42
Gjaykay, I don't think my children (one day) will get bullied just because I'm a nurse. I think the majority of people know that nurses can be male or female as well as doctors can be both male or female. If anything they'd more likely get bullied for having same sex parents (in my case) than what I did for a living. There was a girl in my class throughout my school life who had two mums and she never get bullied about it...

Hope that helps...
Reply 43
Roo90
Gjaykay, I don't think my children (one day) will get bullied just because I'm a nurse. I think the majority of people know that nurses can be male or female as well as doctors can be both male or female. If anything they'd more likely get bullied for having same sex parents (in my case) than what I did for a living. There was a girl in my class throughout my school life who had two mums and she never get bullied about it...

Hope that helps...

Ok, thanks. Just something that was sitting at the back of my mind :o:

Latest