The Student Room Group

Reading List - Architecture

I am planing to begin studying architecture in Liverpool this September. I was wandering if someone could advise me on books I could look out for and should start to read up on before I begin the course.

Whether you are studying in Liverpool yourself or elsewhere, could you please list some of the more common books.

Thanks.
this is my booklist, i own 90% of the books except the bldgblog one.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html/ref=w_h_em-si-html_viewall?id=3BDT6WQGA4OWN

i only listed ones worth reading/ buying/ reference

i brought praise of shadows ,the eyes and skin of architecture and senses and experiencing architecture, khan's between silence and light. complete waste of money considering they are all short reads.
Reply 3
Thanks, I appreciate the help greatly.

Were each of these books recommended by your unis or are they just books you found helpful?

Are there any books in particular the uni advise you to get for your course?
these are books I found out by myself / tutor/architects recommendations.

I wrote 'must have' for those considering buying certain books. getting hold of one XS book is pretty useful as well.
The XS books are so cute, :h: they have lovely little buildings in them.
hello a. gray my name is anne walker. i believe you are already close friends with my neighbour Archibald. Well I am also about to commence a course at liverpool and was wondering if you managed to find any intereststing books... It would be dead on if we could meet up sometime?! looking forwrd to seing you but.
Original post by agray17
I am planing to begin studying architecture in Liverpool this September. I was wandering if someone could advise me on books I could look out for and should start to read up on before I begin the course.

Whether you are studying in Liverpool yourself or elsewhere, could you please list some of the more common books.

Thanks.

hello a. gray my name is anne walker. i believe you are already close friends with my neighbour Archibald. Well I am also about to commence a course at liverpool and was wondering if you managed to find any intereststing books... It would be dead on if we could meet up sometime?! looking forwrd to seing you but.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending