The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Swinely
hmm im doing to kill a mockingbird, just made another post about this because this didn't come up in search when i last checked ! I don't have a clueeeee what to write about in the exam? how do you go about answering the prose questions? like what do you put in each paragraph?

you... answer the question. i'm sorry, but you need to be more specific.

though, saying that, you should aim to basically give lots of detail, specific examples, explaining what these mean in the big picture, and make 'analytical use of the text' - whatever that means.

oh, and get the length in as well. according to my teacher, length is very important.
Reply 41
oh, and make sure it's a confident and individual answer. i suppose you have to spell this out by saying "I believe..." somewhere in the answer. apparantly they like that.
Reply 42
Im very nervous for the exam tomorrow, it begins at 8:30AM and I feel im going to f**k it up badly!!
Reply 43
gemgems89
i really havent a clue lol, apple? where does apple come into it lol? i dunno about you but i think i'll leave that out. it might be right I dunno but seems a bit strange.

dont u know?it is a bible thing. adam and eva were expelled from the garden of Eden, Utopia, because they tasted the forbidden apple, which was offered by that snake.
so in this book, since the dream is kinda living in Utopia wiht self consistency, the appearance of snake can indicate some trouble.
Is everyone doing the same exam and at the same time.
Got mine 2moz at 8:45. Has anyone already done it??
Reply 45
I've got mine at 9
Reply 46
lol, 9 o'clock, althouth we should turn up at 8:30
IZZY!
dont u know?it is a bible thing. adam and eva were expelled from the garden of Eden, Utopia, because they tasted the forbidden apple, which was offered by that snake.
so in this book, since the dream is kinda living in Utopia wiht self consistency, the appearance of snake can indicate some trouble.
Yeah but we have never looked at that in English Lit lol.
Reply 48
Right I'm doing AQA, and I'm doing the post-14 prose, Heaney poems, Clarke poems and pre-14 poems.

No notes!! No notes in the exam!! What fool came up with that idea??

I have to learn everything about these poems/stories before tomorrow... it's really not good.

Damn the world!!
Reply 49
gemgems89

me neither.lol.just trying to scrub some info.lol.i know it is a bad idea.lol.
Does any one know why the have changed the rules so that we can not have notes in out anothology any more and also they have shortened the exam by 15 mins.
Wont this mean more people will fail#??
ARGH why can WE pick what exam board we want to do our exam with, none of the others are doing this.
I am really worried about tommmorow's exam. I know I can do well and get a good grade, but i am just worried that i get a bad Of mice and Men question, and a bad poetry question comapring a duffy, armitage and two pre-1914s.
Can anyone help me with Duffy, Armitage and Pre- 1914's?
Anyone doing the short stories from the anthology? I really like them, really good, lots of techniques to comment on.
Reply 54
gemgems89

what question do you think will be on exam?
JellyBellyBaby
Can anyone help me with Duffy, Armitage and Pre- 1914's?

I'm doing those I've been revising them all day. What do you want help with exactly?
Reply 56
soulsussed
Anyone doing the short stories from the anthology? I really like them, really good, lots of techniques to comment on.

is it opening worlds with OCR?
Reply 57
:O
so only the AQA are not allowing people to have notes in their anthologys?!
Reply 58
OF mice and men help, could someone please give me a basic structure of how i should write my answer, plz
Reply 59
we are not allowed to take our tects into the exam. WJEC have just banned taking books into the exam! Great!

Latest